First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler
3 of them had the trailer brake.....none of the ones with the trailer brake controller had vin tags. this is the vin on the one i drove.

20190418_184613.jpg
Do you have the rest of the VIN number photo? Specifically the tire information, sizing? I'm getting worried by what I see about the current JL and next years JT release in Australia. The JL has been delivered with 32" tires over here. I'm afraid FCA is going to do the same with the JT!

Why it matters in Australia. Based on the build plate, in most Australian states, you can only increase the tire 25mm (1") and lift it 50mm (2") on vehicles with electronic stability. This will only ever allow us to get back to where ya'll started with the JT. The tire size and ratio has been discussed as being optimised to help the towing numbers, and lift it enough to help with the poor break over angle...

sooooo very interested in what a VIN'ed USA JT has listed as the stock tires on the labelling!

Thanks again for all the great photos!

CaptStarboard
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Those are some shitty rules.

Then again there are probably 100 rules we break here in Fl, but WAAAAAAY to many Jeeps on the road for the po-po to be able to control.

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Hi, Tony! Thanks very much for kindly posting this, and for all of your awesome pictures.

Just curious, is it all difficult (I realize this is a very subjective question) for a regular civilian (e.g., a non-firefighter bloke like me) to climb into the Gladiator with the 2 inch lift and 35's vs/ with no lift and 33's?

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Hi, Tony! Thanks very much for kindly posting this, and for all of your awesome pictures.

Just curious, is it all difficult (I realize this is a very subjective question) for a regular civilian (e.g., a non-firefighter bloke like me) to climb into the Gladiator with the 2 inch lift and 35's vs/ with no lift and 33's?
Where there is the will, there is a way. It's only 2 inches higher .......most people just use the "jeep hop" to get in. Lol. Because of the lip on the door, it requires a Certain style of mounting up!

MOPAR Boy

First Name
Mopy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Where there is the will, there is a way. It's only 2 inches higher .......most people just use the "jeep hop" to get in. Lol. Because of the lip on the door, it requires a Certain style of mounting up!
Thanks, Tony! OK, your description reminds me of my 2008 Wrangler Rubicon with its stock OEM tires and wheels. You hit a chord when you mentioned the "Jeep hop!" No worries!

Amexis

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I test drove both the Overland and the Rubicon on successive days. I punched the gas momentarily on the Rubicon on the longer leg of the very short 25 mph test course. Felt very peppy. My FCA companion wasn't super pleased with me. I also tried to get him to deviate one block to go through some sizeable dips that you have to actually slow down for. He said his boss was very particular about the route and sticking to it. There's only so much you can tell about a vehicle on a 1.25-mile pre-determined test run on city streets.
What was the verdict between the two on the short drive?
Rubicon all the way? Overland was better than you expected?
Anything worth contrasting?
Sponsored