Sponsored

The official JS status post

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
After weeks of being in JT status I'm now in JS. Yay me.

Status code status: This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes.

Anyone have any insight into this status? Far as I know I'm the only one here in it, but would love some company to commiserate with.
Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Sounds like there may be a quality issue with your truck.

bustercat23

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 GMC Sonoma, 2020 LE Gladiator Firecracker Red
My salesman told me I went from JB to JS last night. Firecracker Red LE.

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
After weeks of being in JT status I'm now in JS. Yay me.

Status code status: This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes.

Anyone have any insight into this status? Far as I know I'm the only one here in it, but would love some company to commiserate with.
Hopefully you don't end up like me - I'm going on 2 weeks in JS status. Not much info from anyone in this step. Jeep chat gave your response about additional quality inspections. Also, heard they were just waiting for rail to NC.

Steve97ag

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2022 Jeep Wagoneer
I'm in JS as of this morning also!! Was in JB for 26 days, so, to me, this is a win! Let's hope this means we're filling the next railcar! :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Here's what I hope it really means.
As you probably know, there is some known quality issues that are very common with the JT already on the issues section. Main issue is the fender liner gets sucked into the wheel well at speeds and gets chewed up. Especially an issue during windy days. It turns out the liner material is far too thin for the application and is also not fastened to anything. Another issue that has come up with some members is that the driver foot well gets really hot and adequate heat shielding may not be in place to prevent this. Both minor and easy to fix issues.

My hope is that those of us in JS status are getting this addressed before it gets shipped. In a way I'm happy that FCA is doing an additional quality inspection on the vehicle. In another way I just want my truck already!.

Keep me posted on your status updates please @Steve97ag @bustercat23 and @Bruhast .

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I just found out I have been in JS status for 3 days. OH WELL! :fingerscrossed: I am hoping it is waiting for shipping requirements and will be on it's way soon!

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Here's what I hope it really means.
As you probably know, there is some known quality issues that are very common with the JT already on the issues section. Main issue is the fender liner gets sucked into the wheel well at speeds and gets chewed up. Especially an issue during windy days. It turns out the liner material is far too thin for the application and is also not fastened to anything. Another issue that has come up with some members is that the driver foot well gets really hot and adequate heat shielding may not be in place to prevent this. Both minor and easy to fix issues.

My hope is that those of us in JS status are getting this addressed before it gets shipped. In a way I'm happy that FCA is doing an additional quality inspection on the vehicle. In another way I just want my truck already!.

Keep me posted on your status updates please @Steve97ag @bustercat23 and @Bruhast .
Turns out I moved from JS to JB status 3 days ago. Jeep chat couldn't tell me what additional equipment needed installed.

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
I’m in JS as well; second day. Went from D1 on Wednesday last week to JS as of Monday. With all these JS awaiting NC Delivery (Travis at Tri City?) my guess is they’re filling up a train or truck shipment before many are shipped- and apparently many of the trucks are forum members!

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
........... Another issue that has come up with some members is that the driver foot well gets really hot and adequate heat shielding may not be in place to prevent this. ............. .
Unless I am mistaken, I have only seen one member complain of that driver foot well heating. That member has yelled from the mountain tops posting a bazillion times about it but I have yet to see it amplified beyond one person complaining about it.

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Unless I am mistaken, I have only seen one member complain of that driver foot well heating. That member has yelled from the mountain tops posting a bazillion times about it but I have yet to see it amplified beyond one person complaining about it.
Speaking of, is he taking offers on his Jeep? I'll gladly take it off his hands, even with the heated floors.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I blocked him pretty early on cause he was reposting crap way too often. I love the blocking feature on this forum.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
I drove 10 hours at speeds exceeding 70 in extreme winds and fender liners are fine . Mine is lifted and maybe that helped but wanted to share that .

And no my floor doesn’t get hot .
Sponsored