First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It seems RAM is finally showing off their production ready ecodiesels.
Hopefully they'll releas official dates soon, followed by Jeep.
Sponsored

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
All they need to say is that the sprocket has been redesigned will no longer slip on the cam.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
All they need to say is that the sprocket has been redesigned will no longer slip on the cam.
Please provide a link to where this has actually happened (aside from that one guy who was later found to be less than forthcoming). I agree it is not a good design but have never seen proof that this has ever actually failed -

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Watched a you tube video where the guy had the whole passenger head taken apart, looks like is just a press fit on the cam , I would not have a problem with that if it was pinned somehow, he had 70000 miles on it, will try to find latter when not working

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes, just TELL US if the cam sprocket issue has been resolved. Tell us if those new dual EGR solenoids are going to die every 15,000 miles. Tell us if the Bosch CP4 pump is being used despite it's horrendous track record. Why won't they just let people know so that the stigma surrounding this engine can die?

As far as providing a link to where these things have actually happened, all one has to do is a simple Google search for "EcoDiesel problems" and watch your screen blow up.

I recall a discussion we had not long ago on another forum I'm a member of where dealer employees who see these trucks daily were talking about how unreliable the EcoDiesel engine is.

https://www.allpar.com/forums/threa...anecdotal-and-reviews.171433/#post-1084959507

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Watched a you tube video where the guy had the whole passenger head taken apart, looks like is just a press fit on the cam , I would not have a problem with that if it was pinned somehow, he had 70000 miles on it, will try to find latter when not working
Yes we that guy has been discredited. I agree the design is bad, but have never heard of a legit case of it failing.
Still waiting for proof -

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
Rofl. How long will this last. Not hey did you fix any of the known issues with the last one.

Oil coolers leaking coolant into oil causing bottom ends to grenade
Cam sprokets supposedly slipping. (Issue or not putting a key in is easy insurance and gets all the complainers regarding this to stop)
Egr clogging and causing issues
Oil pressure numbers made up. (No actual sensor its extrapolated from engine speed, temp, load.)
Oil pressure being low at low speeds causing early bearing wear. (Kinda like cam issue. Somewhat unproven)

As for people being unable to tell when a Regen is running. Just listen to the engine and pay attention to it's instant mpg. It's blatantly obvious when it's dumping diesel for a regen.

I look forward to more details from someone that isn't afraid to ask more pointed and direct questions.
Sponsored