Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the JCR full height rack looks like I dropped a couple of sawhorses on top of my Gladiator?
We don't think that, but you are free to :CWL:

UGHHHH!!!
HOLY WASTED SPACE BATMAN! The bed is only 60" long. I'm guessing that triangle piece is there for front to back stability but i can think of another way.

upload_2019-7-29_23-6-1.png

Would have to move the front to rear RTT bars to the corner of the vertical legs and then have a diagonal brace at the top. Like this kind of idea. Not sure if that is dynamic load approved for RTT rock crawling though. lol
upload_2019-7-29_23-9-34.png
If you want to mount these with minimal intrusion to your bed (I.E. Not drilling and cutting) it makes the most sense to use the factory rail system. Extending the back upright back farther starts to put some weird stress on that mounting point, so we would have to find another way.

Is there something you are looking to mount that this rack won't accommodate currently?
Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
Fab Fours Overland Rack
Fab-Fours-JTOR-01-Overland-Rack-Gladiator-JT-Main.jpg

Fab-Fours-JTOR-01-Overland-Rack-JT-4.jpg

Fab-Fours-JTOR-01-Overland-Rack-JT-6.jpg

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fab-fours/overland-rack-jeep-gladiator-jt
https://fabfours.com/product/jeep-gladiator-overland-rack/

The perfect combination of form and function. The Fab Fours’ Overland Rack for the Jeep Gladiator was made for the ultimate adventurous spirit. Key features include multiple mounting points; multiple tie down points; integrated pod mounts; expandable design (with optional front rack. Coming soon); ability to make solid floor by purchasing extra cross member (sold separately), Integrated roof access step; Ease of Installation, 12 GA Steel construction. Manage your cargo with ease with this adaptable and expandable overland rack. Always Made in the USA!

PRODUCT DETAILS
-Expandable design
-Multiple tie down points
-Multiple mounting points
-10 integrated pod mounts
-Up to 500lb capacity with the 2 included cross-members
-Ability to create solid floor by purchasing extra cross members
-Integrated roof access step
-Superior strength-
-Stainless Steel Hardware
-100% Made in the USA

Quadratec listing says shipping weight is 175lbs.
I wish there was a way to have a rack like this and keep a functional tonneau cover.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
One of the big reasons is because then everything you mount to it sticks off the side of the truck that much further. We have to keep looks, functionality, and loads in mind when designing these things. Would it look better (with nothing installed on it) matching the lines of the hardtop (or softop?) Sure, but then it wouldn't be as functional for what we designed it for.

We use our racks here at the shop for a wide variety of things from crawling, to hauling, to overlanding; and this design has worked awesome for us for the past few years.

I'm sure many other designs in this space will approach it from a different perspective, then you will have tons of options that suit your needs better. We would argue that if you want a mounting solution that matches the lines of the truck an overland or commercial style topper makes way more sense. And it keeps your gear dry. But of course, that can get expensive fast.
Great points. I appreciate your insight and yes you are right, those overland toppers are expensive :surprised:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
I wish there was a way to have a rack like this and keep a functional tonneau cover.
We've used the Access roll-up covers in the Toyota world because they mount totally inside the bed rails and with slight modification fit around our bed rack mounts. Hoping that their JT cover is the same, just ordered one to verify.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We've used the Access roll-up covers in the Toyota world because they mount totally inside the bed rails and with slight modification fit around our bed rack mounts. Hoping that their JT cover is the same, just ordered one to verify.
Can you post a link to the one you ordered to verify? Their site has a ton of them on there.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
@JcrOffroad I really like your racks, but my only complaint is there’s no way to mount a storage box that I’ve seen. The Leitner system is the only rack I’ve seen that has “pods.”

Any plans or ideas for something similar?

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a link to the one you ordered to verify? Their site has a ton of them on there.
We did the cheaper one since we aren't sure if it needs to be modified or not.
LITERIDER® Roll-Up Cover
Truck Model: 20-ON Jeep Gladiator 5ft Bed
Part No.: 37019

We run the original on the Tacoma and Tunrda here and like the latching system a lot.
ACCESS® Original Roll-Up Cover
Truck Model: 20-ON Jeep Gladiator 5ft Bed
Part No.: 17019

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
@JcrOffroad I really like your racks, but my only complaint is there’s no way to mount a storage box that I’ve seen. The Leitner system is the only rack I’ve seen that has “pods.”

Any plans or ideas for something similar?
No plans, no. The Leitner is very nice if that is what you are looking for.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Someone started a thread about how the tonneau for the Canyon/Colorado is a perfect fit for the Gladiator. The shell/cap for my Canyon was $3700 so the pricing for the RLD is comparable.
Does the shell/cap for the Canyon/Colorado fit the Gladiator?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Don't get me wrong. I like the rld but it's expensive if you want the roof rack and side compartments. Also it's too hot if'n i want to put the dog in there. So this safari one interests me a lot. How much do you think it'll cost?
RLD has an all white option with either white or black doors. I ordered mine all in white to help keep the temps lower.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the shell/cap for the Canyon/Colorado fit the Gladiator?
RLD and Alu-Cab are making ones specific for the Gladiator, so i'd wait. They were just trying to figure out what pricing would be.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
No plans, no. The Leitner is very nice if that is what you are looking for.
Thanks for the candid reply.

By the way, I really enjoyed your T33 Trail ride video. Please keep them coming! We’ve got a lack of good JT videos being pumped out. @WXman is holding it down for us right now.
Sponsored