GOBI Gladiator JT Club

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Is there a gobi out in the wild yet, besides the press cars?
Haven't seen any but we are just now seeing sting grey so getting close Still have yet to see punkin gator hydro or gobi in the wild as of right now
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I'm a bright colors guy, but i think i actually want the gobi. It looks really good. I think its the only color that looks great with the matte black top and fenders. Even smaller tires look good on the gobi. I don't understand it at all.
I think its just cuz the Gobi evokes the really old Jeep looks... Gator and Gobi were my fave and since I couldn't wait and got an LE got the next closest thing which is Red. LOL

I'm definitely going to get the Gator Diesel - maybe get a basic model and then build it up...

Reactions: JP1

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Awesome username lol
It was literally the first thing that popped in to my head when I was signing up. I am not usually that quick

Sponsored

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Black , 2004 LJ D60's 39.5 IRoKs AMC 401 V-8
Tomorrow is the first day of "Gobi Month" !!!!!! I have so much stuff either in my garage or on order that it's stupid. Just hope they hold themselves to the advertised release date.. Not sure I want to wait much longer.. Otherwise maybe 2021 may be in my future...

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, 2 weeks from today is the "supposed" day. but I hate to think how much longer we have to wait. There are 2 LE's in silver nearby..........

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
So the question in my mind is whether the delays seen with Punk'n and Hydro Blue transfer to Gobi. My hope is that since it is not a metallic or pearl it will open up and start production on time. My worry is that it will join in the snowball effect and push back 2 weeks.

Gobi One

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
Put my order in with MAS expected Delivery is JAN.... I am crushed but also deployed so at least I am not sitting at home waiting on it.

It did list 26th still as the date for orders to go through for GOBI

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the question in my mind is whether the delays seen with Punk'n and Hydro Blue transfer to Gobi. My hope is that since it is not a metallic or pearl it will open up and start production on time. My worry is that it will join in the snowball effect and push back 2 weeks.
That's my concern as well.. I'm closely watching Hydro Blue's release to maybe give me some sort of idea of the wait time... I saw a JKU over the weekend that was Gobi, I liked it, but wished it was just a tad lighter. Looked like it had some green in it??? Oh well, I wait... PATIENTLY..

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Put my order in with MAS expected Delivery is JAN.... I am crushed but also deployed so at least I am not sitting at home waiting on it.

It did list 26th still as the date for orders to go through for GOBI
That is interesting that they gave you an expected delivery on something you can't even order yet. And January would be past 16 weeks. Most orders other than the Granite Crystal folks seem to be in the 8 to 12 week range with some as little as 4 or 5. I am anticipating late October to November myself. Maybe it is wishful thinking but it seems reasonable based on others experiences. Of course this is assuming you are not getting a color matched hard top which would change things.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
That's my concern as well.. I'm closely watching Hydro Blue's release to maybe give me some sort of idea of the wait time... I saw a JKU over the weekend that was Gobi, I liked it, but wished it was just a tad lighter. Looked like it had some green in it??? Oh well, I wait... PATIENTLY..
I had a dilemma recently when I found out the Wayout concept was Gator. I had assumed all along that it was Gobi. It doesn't look anything like the Gator on the Jeep site. But I think I will be happier with the Gobi.

RickyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a dilemma recently when I found out the Wayout concept was Gator. I had assumed all along that it was Gobi. It doesn't look anything like the Gator on the Jeep site. But I think I will be happier with the Gobi.
We saw that jeep at Jeep Beach this year, and really liked that color (also thought it was Gobi), but the renderings on the jeep website were so very different. Everyone kept stating that "THAT WAS THE GATOR COLOR". I have my doubts , think it's going to be more like Tank green, and am not willing to wait for a color, then figure out it isn't what they say..

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
We saw that jeep at Jeep Beach this year, and really liked that color (also thought it was Gobi), but the renderings on the jeep website were so very different. Everyone kept stating that "THAT WAS THE GATOR COLOR". I have my doubts , think it's going to be more like Tank green, and am not willing to wait for a color, then figure out it isn't what they say..
Jeep has said that is Gator. I have no doubt that is the color. It is definitely a close second for me. The Gobi just edges it out.
Sponsored