Question on Bump Stop Extensions

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Looking to put 35's (technically 34.8's with 285/75r18) on stock Overland wheels. I will be adding the 1.5" level kit to the front, with the shock extensions. Will also be adding a 3/4" spacer to the rear. I do not plan on doing too much wheeling, however don't want a nasty bump to cause any damage: SHOULD I put a bump stop extension on the front and rear? I am willing to DIY as in a hockey puck in the front, and maybe get something for the back as it seems a little less straight forward. No plans on any other suspension mods. Overland with Tow Package (Not sure if that changes anything like the Max Tow though).
Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Installed the Daystar 2" spacer lift (2" spacer front, 1" spacer rear) and it only came with bump stops for the front. Also came with shock extensions for the front but the rear shocks bolt back up to the stock location. If you are only adding 3/4" spacer at the rear should be fine as is.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Daystar 2" spacer lift (2" spacer front, 1" spacer rear) and it only came with bump stops for the front. Also came with shock extensions for the front but the rear shocks bolt back up to the stock location. If you are only adding 3/4" spacer at the rear should be fine as is.
Does the Daystar 2" kit come like that (2" front 1" rear)? The description on the website says 2" front and rear.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
It’s 2” front and 1.5” rear. It also now comes with shock extensions for the rear too.
Nice. Tha is for the info, I was going to buy from someone that bought it and changed their mind about it...but if they've changed it up, I'll just get a new one

Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Nice. Tha is for the info, I was going to buy from someone that bought it and changed their mind about it...but if they've changed it up, I'll just get a new one
The kit might have the rear shock extensions. My kit came with them but no instructions on how to install. Received updated instructions for rear shock extensions and have installed. The original kit came with .75" rear spacers but have since received 1.5" spacers for the rear.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I made my own front bump stop extensions using PVC conduit end caps and bolts. Total was $5 bucks or so. I think I have a video of them somewhere...
Sponsored