John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 0g1yqTk

Diode Dynamics is pleased to offer our new USA-made SS3 LED Pods!

Introducing Diode Dynamics new SS3 LED Fog Light Kits for the 2020 Gladiator and 18+ JL Wrangler! Compatible with both the plastic and steel bumpers, our SS3 Fog Light Kits allow you to mount two of our 3" SS3 LED Pods in your factory fog light location. Our LED pods have been designed for maximum light output, with custom-engineered TIR optics shining in highly functional beam patterns, all in a compact, durable package.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics SS3_Type_M_MR_MS_Bumper_Comparison_Graphic 1 - Overland

Focused: Most LED pods on the market, even certain premium options, use outdated technology like reflectors or simple lenses that lose light internally and to glare. By comparison, our custom-engineered TIR optic in the SS3 collects all of the light from the LED, drastically reducing wasted light and improving total efficiency.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 6G5v0WW

While these outdated optics lose up to 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the SS3’s custom-molded TIR optic functions as both the optic and the main lens, dramatically increasing the amount of usable light output.

Functional Patterns: All SS3 LED Pod beam pattern options were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the light output in a highly-functional beam pattern. No matter what your auxiliary lighting needs are, there is an SS3 LED Pod for you!

• Our SAE Driving optic is designed to supplement your high beams, but it’s great for improving general illumination as well. Rather than a typical "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in an 18x8 degree spread, providing just enough width to completely light up the road ahead at high speeds.
  • Our SAE Fog optic provides an extremely wide field of illumination, with high-intensity light output over an entire 80-degree spread. It serves as a great upgrade for any factory foglamp, and will fully illuminate the area in front of your vehicle. Choose your output color of 6000K cool white or 3000K selective yellow, which is popular for cutting through inclement weather.
  • The Flood optic was engineered to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 60x60 degree spread of light. Unlike typical "flood" lights that are just a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It’s the perfect optic for use as a backup light, lighting up tight trails at low speeds, or for loading trailers and setting up worksites.
  • Finally, our Spot optic is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is an extremely focused 6-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 151,000 candela, the SS3 Sport shines a half-mile away (ÂĽ lux), from a compact 3-inch package!
Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics OIrk1e

Not just off-road! When installed as a pair and aimed in accordance with your state's regulations, the Driving White pattern meets SAE J581 standard as a Driving/Auxiliary High Beam Light, and the Fog pattern meets SAE J583 standard as a Foglamp, for legal on-road use*.

*Please check your local laws and regulations for aiming, installation, and applicability.
White or Yellow: Our SS3 LED Pods are available in your choice of 6000K cool white or 3000K selective yellow. The white is a 6000K color temperature, which is a true white output, without any blue, and is a perfect match for most OEM LED lights. The selective yellow is a 3000K color temperature, great for high contrast in poor weather or a totally unique look on the road.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics e4jYmb3

Sport or Pro: Stage Series LED Pods are available at two different power levels. Both the Sport and Pro options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. However, the Pro option is double the amount of total power!

Simple Installation:
All SS3 LED Pods feature a custom-molded DT type Deutsch-style connector on the back. Both the Type M and Type MR Kit will include CAD-designed brackets and DT wire adaptors for a completely plug-and-play installation. This can be done with basic hand tools in the comfort of your garage!

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics ss3_type_m_bumper_graphic_3 - Overland

Proven Reliability: Our SS3 LED Pods have been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like OEM components!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected]

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Jeep Gladiator NEW! SS3 LED Pods for Jeep Gladiators! | Diode Dynamics 1597862571312
Sponsored

Last edited:

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Would these fit the steel Rubicon winch bumper and what kind of improvement would there be over the factory lights?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Would these fit the steel Rubicon winch bumper and what kind of improvement would there be over the factory lights?
Selective yellow would almost have to be better.
I'm glad I found this post - I think I want a pair to replace the factory fog lights.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Pro SAE Fog pattern looks amazing.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Great question! Our engineering team is working on a bracket kit specifically for the steel bumper, which we hope to release in the coming weeks.

In terms of light output, the SS3 will provide FAR more light output than any factory bulb. The Pro version with our Driving optic delivers a peak intensity of 66,500 Candela, and measured output (not estimated, like the majority of LED lighting) of 3,000 lumens. And that's just for a single pod!

Anecdotally, the SS3 delivers more light output than any plug-and-play lighting upgrade I've ever used. We installed a pair of the SS3 Sport Fogs on my dad's truck, and they delivered more light output than the headlights!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Pro SAE Fog pattern looks amazing.
I'll report back when I get mine. I ordered them Monday during the cyber Monday sale. Looks like they won't ship until early January, though.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at getting a pair for my JT - pro, selective yellow.
Wonder if this is an option to replace those on my 04 WJ - the right one is busted, the lenses on both sides are so fogged I don't need fog in the air, can't see the light inside the housing.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Looking at getting a pair for my JT - pro, selective yellow.
Wonder if this is an option to replace those on my 04 WJ - the right one is busted, the lenses on both sides are so fogged I don't need fog in the air, can't see the light inside the housing.
Great question!

Plug-and-play SS3 Fog Light Kits for the JT/JL and JK were the #1 priority for our launch, but we've certainly got our eyes on previous generations as well.

That said, you could certainly mount some up to your WJ if you found some universal 3" mounts that worked.

Definitely let me know if I can answer any questions!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Lights look great, just wish you guys used LUX ratings and not lumen or candela ratings.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lights look great, just wish you guys used LUX ratings and not lumen or candela ratings.
Shhh - fact and science, not allowed on the internet.........

All seriousness aside, I was rather surprised to see the lumen rating and not LUX but then if they are wanting to compare themselves to so many others - gotta do what they do I suppose.
I like the pattern, I like the fact that they seem to meet exactly what Danial Stern has to say about REAL fog lights that actually help and not simply make you feel good or show off how clever you are because you have fog lights.
These are the sort of thing I was hoping was out there.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
REAL fog lights that actually help and not simply make you feel good or show off how clever you are because you have fog lights.
No doubt, living in the snow belt you only need to drive once in a blizzard to appreciate GOOD lights. That's why I'm also skeptical of any light I haven't tried. Don't like being the test mule...just want to know they will work.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
We've got you covered! You can check out the full specification breakdown of each option by clicking the Specifications tab on the product listing.

Let me know if I can answer any questions!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Are these plug and play on a Sport S?
So far, we've confirmed fit and function on the Overland and Rubicon, and will be confirming other trim levels asap.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So far, we've confirmed fit and function on the Overland and Rubicon, and will be confirming other trim levels asap.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
The Sport S has an extra fill panel between the bumper and fenders that covers the lights down there- I suspect that MAY be why the question???? The others are open behind the lights as far as that filler panel isn't there on the O and R levels.
Sponsored