Just Ordered? Check in HERE!

TRVLR

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Did you order the 8.4"? That seems to be the hold up for a lot of us.
The delay is getting to me. I think FCA decided to crank out Rubicons to max profit for year end. Reading thru various threads, the common theme seems to be Rubicons ultra quick, everyone else, not so much.
Sponsored

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland, 2011 e93M3
The delay is getting to me. I think FCA decided to crank out Rubicons to max profit for year end. Reading thru various threads, the common theme seems to be Rubicons ultra quick, everyone else, not so much.
Yep that's why I bailed on my build and bought one off of the lot instead

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado

Longbeard

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley's n a silverado
Ok not good at this soc Mead stuff but I agree tomorrow will be 5 months tommorow waiting for a basic sport ,dealer keeps sending me offers for sport s or rubi's on lot and I see all the high dollars being pumped out it's not been the best buying experience

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
After following many threads here and asking multiple questions, today I finally drove home a JT. It was the same Gladiator I test drove back in October. It's a Firecracker Red Sport S with auto trans and Max Towing which is what I wanted. Here is a summary of my experience for anyone who might be interested.

Since the test drive, I had been in communication with the Internet sales rep at the Jeep dealer down the street from me. I have had some pretty negative experiences with dealerships and had little regard for them as people, but to be honest, I'm somewhat dumbfounded at my experience with Faricy Boys.

The guy who worked with me for the test drive back in October was great. He knew a lot about the Gladiator and answered all my questions without being at all pushy. They offered me a price below sticker, but I needed a lower price.

The Internet sales rep, Shelby, called me a couple of days later to follow up. I told her I liked the truck, but I needed a lower price and planned to go through a dealer in Boise where I could get 6% below invoice if I ordered a Gladiator. She knew exactly what I was talking about and asked if she could see what her dealer could do. She called right back and said she could do 4% below invoice if I ordered a truck and used a discount from Tread Lightly. And she could save me the trip to Idaho. I agreed and advised I wanted to sell my old pickup before placing the order.

I sold my truck and, after looking on the dealer web page, I saw they have over 30 Gladiators on lot including the same JT I had test driven. I sent Shelby an email and said I liked the truck I had test driven, saw they still had it and asked if they could do 4% below invoice on that truck so I didn't have to order. I was genuinely surprised when she agreed.

This afternoon I went to the dealer where they had the truck pulled up near the building. I filled out a credit app, signed some paperwork and went back to the financing office. Here is where I expected an extremely hard sell. I figured since they came down on price, they wanted to make up for it with extras. The finance rep asked once if I wanted an extended warranty. I said no thank you and he asked if I wanted any other extras. I again said no and that was it. I paid my down payment, signed a few more forms and walked out. Yeah, this is what dumbfounded me. I thanked the finance guy and told him I appreciated him not giving me a hard sell for things I didn't want.

Shelby came out to say hello. After emailing and talking with her off and on, it was the first time I met her. I told her and the sales rep I was very impressed with their professionalism, thanked them and explained that was why I bought at their dealer. They gave me the keys to the truck and the sales rep went over how things worked, paired my phone and wished me well.

Again, I'm pretty dumbfounded, but in a good way. I genuinely feel bad for expecting worse of the people at Faricy Boys. The reps I dealt with seemed like genuinely good people who simply wanted to do their jobs and do them well. No fuss, no muss, no kidding. In appreciation of this, I wanted to share my experience. I hope you guys will consider this dealer when you want to buy a Jeep. They really did earn my business and I think they deserve your business. Never thought I'd say that about a dealership, but there you go.

Also, thanks to everyone here on this forum who posted information and answered my questions. Thus far, I drove my new JT just a few miles home and parked it. So, I can't yet say much about the vehicle experience, but let me know if you have any questions.

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
After following many threads here and asking multiple questions, today I finally drove home a JT. It was the same Gladiator I test drove back in October. It's a Firecracker Red Sport S with auto trans and Max Towing which is what I wanted. Here is a summary of my experience for anyone who might be interested.

Since the test drive, I had been in communication with the Internet sales rep at the Jeep dealer down the street from me. I have had some pretty negative experiences with dealerships and had little regard for them as people, but to be honest, I'm somewhat dumbfounded at my experience with Faricy Boys.

The guy who worked with me for the test drive back in October was great. He knew a lot about the Gladiator and answered all my questions without being at all pushy. They offered me a price below sticker, but I needed a lower price.

The Internet sales rep, Shelby, called me a couple of days later to follow up. I told her I liked the truck, but I needed a lower price and planned to go through a dealer in Boise where I could get 6% below invoice if I ordered a Gladiator. She knew exactly what I was talking about and asked if she could see what her dealer could do. She called right back and said she could do 4% below invoice if I ordered a truck and used a discount from Tread Lightly. And she could save me the trip to Idaho. I agreed and advised I wanted to sell my old pickup before placing the order.

I sold my truck and, after looking on the dealer web page, I saw they have over 30 Gladiators on lot including the same JT I had test driven. I sent Shelby an email and said I liked the truck I had test driven, saw they still had it and asked if they could do 4% below invoice on that truck so I didn't have to order. I was genuinely surprised when she agreed.

This afternoon I went to the dealer where they had the truck pulled up near the building. I filled out a credit app, signed some paperwork and went back to the financing office. Here is where I expected an extremely hard sell. I figured since they came down on price, they wanted to make up for it with extras. The finance rep asked once if I wanted an extended warranty. I said no thank you and he asked if I wanted any other extras. I again said no and that was it. I paid my down payment, signed a few more forms and walked out. Yeah, this is what dumbfounded me. I thanked the finance guy and told him I appreciated him not giving me a hard sell for things I didn't want.

Shelby came out to say hello. After emailing and talking with her off and on, it was the first time I met her. I told her and the sales rep I was very impressed with their professionalism, thanked them and explained that was why I bought at their dealer. They gave me the keys to the truck and the sales rep went over how things worked, paired my phone and wished me well.

Again, I'm pretty dumbfounded, but in a good way. I genuinely feel bad for expecting worse of the people at Faricy Boys. The reps I dealt with seemed like genuinely good people who simply wanted to do their jobs and do them well. No fuss, no muss, no kidding. In appreciation of this, I wanted to share my experience. I hope you guys will consider this dealer when you want to buy a Jeep. They really did earn my business and I think they deserve your business. Never thought I'd say that about a dealership, but there you go.

Also, thanks to everyone here on this forum who posted information and answered my questions. Thus far, I drove my new JT just a few miles home and parked it. So, I can't yet say much about the vehicle experience, but let me know if you have any questions.
I'm glad it worked out for you! I really think by word of mouth and people shopping around that there fed up with people turning them down saying I can get 6% off under invoice somewhere else. Maybe it's making them wake up so they will play ball.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
I'm glad it worked out for you! I really think by word of mouth and people shopping around that there fed up with people turning them down saying I can get 6% off under invoice somewhere else. Maybe it's making them wake up so they will play ball.
Or, ... you could take a lesson from ol' Bill Shatner and learn to be The Negotiator.

Demand 6% under Employee Pricing as an opener. :punch:

If the sales dude or dudette blinks, be prepared to walk. ;)

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

Congrats on the new JT!

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or, ... you could take a lesson from ol' Bill Shatner and learn to be The Negotiator.

Demand 6% under Employee Pricing as an opener. :punch:

If the sales dude or dudette blinks, be prepared to walk. ;)
I ended up using the Employee Pricing discount. I have an Access Fund membership, but when I called to get the control number, the computers weren't working. I was waiting for an email with the control number when the dealer finance guy offered me the Employee Discount which was the same.

I'm wondering if it was because I bought on the day after Christmas. Maybe everyone just wanted to get home to their families and be done with me. Fine by me. I didn't want to keep anyone. I was happy to be out the door fairly quickly.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could be. As is being discussed in another thread, JT inventories are starting grow. Faricy Boys went from over 20 Gladiators to over 30 seemingly overnight. Seems FCA is really starting to crank them out. No more pretending the JT is something rare and desirable. To their credit, even last summer, Faricy Boys was pricing their JT's at sticker, but not well above sticker like many other Jeep dealers.

Sponsored

Jeep7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gobi)
I had an opportunity to work with Rob earlier this month when taking delivery of my new Gobi. The ordering process could not have been more transparent and seamless. Well worth the trip down to San Juan Capistrano for 5% below invoice. Loving my 7th Jeep purchase.

neebaum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary
Nice. Planning to pick mine up on Monday. Looking forward to meeting the legendary Rob & a seamless process.

CokreeateJT

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Ray Gray JTR
Also got mine with Rob back in OCT. Great buying experience with him.

kvrsos

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi, Past Jeeps: 1984 CJ-7 and 2009 JK Sport Unlimited
Also got mine with Rob back in OCT. Great buying experience with him.
Picking up from Rob on Tuesday...as mentioned so far it’s been easy, lots of comm, and no BS. Recommend him highly, let’s hope the close is as good!

Last edited:

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Also picked up from Rob this morning. As everyone has mentioned, super easy dealing with him and the in-person process was very quick and painless.
No brainer for anyone in SoCal looking for a Jeep.
Sponsored