Sponsored

7.3 gas v8

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Unless you have a real love for Ford, the 7.3 would be pointless when there are already other swaps perfected. Namely any Chevy LS motor or the 6.4 Hemi's. Check out Rubitrux for Hemi Swaps and Motech for LS swaps.
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
The only engine i would consider doing a swap would be with the Alfa Romeo Ferrari derived V6 twin turbo, i have one in my Alfa Stelio Quad and it`s insanely fast with tons of torque and power and it mates right up to the Gladiators 8 speed trans. There are plenty of you tube videos and everyone is blown away with this motor, i included one video here.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The only engine i would consider doing a swap would be with the Alfa Romeo Ferrari derived V6 twin turbo, i have one in my Alfa Stelio Quad and it`s insanely fast with tons of torque and power and it mates right up to the Gladiators 8 speed trans. There are plenty of you tube videos and everyone is blown away with this motor, i included one video here.
If it has "tons of toque" it will smoke the Gladiators 8 speed which is rated for a maximum of 500 newton meters or 369 lb ft of torque.

I don't think that people realize that the engine and transmission are optimized to each other in these Jeeps.

Want more powah? You're gonna need a new transmixer to go with it.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
If it has "tons of toque" it will smoke the Gladiators 8 speed which is rated for a maximum of 500 newton meters or 369 lb ft of torque.

I don't think that people realize that the engine and transmission are optimized to each other in these Jeeps.

Want more powah? You're gonna need a new transmixer to go with it.
Both cars are made by FCA the Alfa trans can come with the motor, the transmission cases are the same or the Gladiator trans can be built to take the HP and torque.

If i were to spend the money i would want something different and unique and that stands out from the crowd.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Both cars are made by FCA the Alfa trans can come with the motor, the transmission cases are the same or the Gladiator trans can be built to take the HP and torque.

If i were to spend the money i would want something different and unique and that stands out from the crowd.
I get it.

You were suggesting it would just bolt up, which it will, briefly.

But it is not a long term solution .

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
In California the motor must be available in another vehicle from the same manufacturer and that motor must be from the same model year or newer

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
But on the plus side you can poop pretty much anywhere no problem.

Don’t blame me I’m only here because I get paid a shit load and the fact that it’s 72* 9 months out of the year including today. I wasn’t born here and my politics certainly fly in the face of the states as a whole

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
LOL, I was just pointing out one of the hidden virtues of Kalifornistan.

The weather, geography and economic opportunity. I think anyone not taking advantage of at least two of those is completely insane to stay here. I wouldn’t live in Los Angeles of SF for free lol

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The weather, geography and economic opportunity. I think anyone not taking advantage of at least two of those is completely insane to stay here. I wouldn’t live in Los Angeles of SF for free lol
Yes, yes, if you are not taking advantage of the weather and subjecting yourself to the taxation, regulation, homelessness and general indignity of the political climate in California, you're missing the boat entirely.

I will say, that when you adjust the economic opportunity to reflect the cost of living, the economic opportunity is largely diminished.

I have a brother who works in silicon valley and has a home outside of Redding. Beautiful country and he makes crazy money. He also pays crazy money to rent a place to park his trailer 40 miles away from where he works.

I'm with you on the bigger cities, but would extend that to ANY bigger city in ANY State.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Come to San Antonio and see if you still feel that way. Seventh largest city in the country. No state tax, LOW cost of housing, beautiful landscape, and great living.

On second thought, if you are from California, never mind.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
I took a 60% pay raise to move here from Florida. We operate in 22 states, even with 12% income tax I take home more than my counterparts in any other state we are in. I like Texas but it’s really flat. I really love Wyoming but there’s just nothing in my industry.

Anyway I’ve got 100 acres 25 miles from San Diego and I paid $22k an acre. I know I could have that much in any state but it’s a mountain with an ocean view and there’s just not many places where I could replace it and still be close to where the money is

47AA5E7E-EE96-45EF-B833-56EED30851FA.jpeg

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I took a 60% pay raise to move here from Florida. We operate in 22 states, even with 12% income tax I take home more than my counterparts in any other state we are in. I like Texas but it’s really flat. I really love Wyoming but there’s just nothing in my industry.

Anyway I’ve got 100 acres 25 miles from San Diego and I paid $22k an acre. I know I could have that much in any state but it’s a mountain with an ocean view and there’s just not many places where I could replace it and still be close to where the money is

47AA5E7E-EE96-45EF-B833-56EED30851FA.jpeg
That's very nice, and if it's what makes you happy congratulations for sure.
Sponsored