Sponsored

Mopar Sunbonnet questions

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I searched this site for answers but nothing came up so.....

Can the sunbonnet be installed and left in place when you put the hard-top back on or does it need to be removed?

If that's the case, approximately how long does it take to remove/re-install the sunbonnet?

How much does it cut down on wind noise vs. just the open top?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager

Can the sunbonnet be installed and left in place when you put the hard-top back on or does it need to be removed?

If that's the case, approximately how long does it take to remove/re-install the sunbonnet?

Thanks in advance!
What is a sun bonnet?

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Post # 27 in the above thread says "No".

OP
OP
Gladiator4Runner

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I have the Spiderwebshade and it is designed to be left on when the hard top is reinstalled. Doesn't help at all with the wind noise for me because when I have my top off I also have my doors off. It does make a huge difference in the heat. It gets pretty hot around here and sitting in the open sun is a miserable thing. The Spiderwebshade makes daily top off summer driving a reality as long as the rain holds off.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I have the JTops sunshade, and it also stays on under the hard top. and that's a big negative on reducing wind noise because it's just mesh.

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y

Thanks in advance!
I am assuming you mean the Mopar sunbonnet

It can not be left in place with the top on but can be put on and taken off within 5 mins after the first install. There is a Zip a long the wind shield so the whole thing doesn't need to be uninstalled.

As far and wind noise I would say is will add to the noise level because the back part will flap in the wind.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I am assuming you mean the Mopar sunbonnet

It can not be left in place with the top on but can be put on and taken off within 5 mins after the first install. There is a Zip a long the wind shield so the whole thing doesn't need to be uninstalled.

As far and wind noise I would say is will add to the noise level because the back part will flap in the wind.
Do you have the sail cloth or the mesh one? I'm curious how much water the sail cloth one keeps water out of the front seats with the windows rolled up. I'm second guessing getting the leather seats and hard top so thinking about running this in the summer months. I plan on putting a water proof dog cover on the rear seats once I find one that's vehicle specific and fits well.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what is some rain protection? either it is waterproof or isn't, correct?
:headbang: its a piece of leather that goes between the roll bars from the windshield to the back of the cage (to the downturn, not all the way to the bed). it's waterproof in the sense that it won't be damaged if it gets wet....but it is NOT going to keep you from getting wet.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the sail cloth or the mesh one? I'm curious how much water the sail cloth one keeps water out of the front seats with the windows rolled up. I'm second guessing getting the leather seats and hard top so thinking about running this in the summer months. I plan on putting a water proof dog cover on the rear seats once I find one that's vehicle specific and fits well.
the windows up won't matter, because there is a gap between the door and the roll bar that will be rained right in. also, if it did sit outside in rain, i would imagine as soon as you drove it, all the water on top of it would run right off the back, to behind your rear seat.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
the windows up won't matter, because there is a gap between the door and the roll bar that will be rained right in. also, if it did sit outside in rain, i would imagine as soon as you drove it, all the water on top of it would run right off the back, to behind your rear seat.
Ok. Thank you. I guess I'll explore other options until I have a bigger garage. I'm less concerned about the rear seat, as I'll have that protected, as I am with the gap between the door and the roll bar you mentioned.
Sponsored