Sunrider questions

Bobbyfanman17

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Gladiator
Considering a sunrider from Bestop and have a few questions and looking for opinions from those with them.

Does this make it a pain to go fully topless? I assume you'd have to take it off first then the rear roof, which sounds like a pain.

Can you still go without doors (I assume yes)?

I just got a cab cover off amazon planning for spring summer. I had planned on going topless/doorless for longer periods and covering it at night. Am I better served this route?
Other than my new tires and wheels, the Bestop Sunrider top is without a doubt the best item I have ever purchased for my Gladiator. It is a wonderful product. I open and close my top dozens of times a week. It stays on year round, even the winter. It takes about 3 seconds to either open or close it. Also, I have never had a leak, not one drop.
Sponsored

Bobbyfanman17

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep Gladiator
It's simple. You take the Sunrider bolts out and slide it forward to gain access to the hard tops front bolts. Remove the hard top and shift it back into place, reinstall the bolts. Done.
Ten minutes.
When you undo the bolts and pull back the Sunrider top, does it mess with those little Z clips that were kind of a pain in the rear to hook up? Thanks.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
1. I love mine, cannot begin to discuss how much better than screwing around with the freedom panels.
2. I installed it by myself on the vehicle as shown in many UTube videos.
3. Cannot, despite multiple tries, to get the stupid z-clips to stay in. Manufacturer installation instructions have you put together the top off the vehicle and then get someone to help you put it on---which I'm going to do this spring.
4. There is a huge negative in the noise department. It doesn't flap around like my half door tops do when I have them on in the summer---but at speed above 60mph they're really noisy.

Sponsored

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Love my Sunrider. Had one on my last JKU as well. The new JT/JL version is so much easier to install/uninstall. I wouldn't worry about the time at all.

Get a small impact drill or cordless ratchet and it's super fast.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
If you're worried about messing with "z clips" buy the Jeep part. Same top, no assembly.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
1. I love mine, cannot begin to discuss how much better than screwing around with the freedom panels.
2. I installed it by myself on the vehicle as shown in many UTube videos.
3. Cannot, despite multiple tries, to get the stupid z-clips to stay in. Manufacturer installation instructions have you put together the top off the vehicle and then get someone to help you put it on---which I'm going to do this spring.
4. There is a huge negative in the noise department. It doesn't flap around like my half door tops do when I have them on in the summer---but at speed above 60mph they're really noisy.
FWIW I have put ours on & off by myself fully assembled a few times now.

One trick I do is use velcro straps near the front to hold the top to the door rails in the closed position.
That way I can push or hold the top from the middle to get it in place and align everything.
Once aligned, remove the straps and finish putting the front of the rails in place.

I have never tried the old way of installing the z-clips after the install, but it is really easy off the vehicle during assembly of the door rails.

Honestly don't know how they could come out if you actually got them fully installed.
Sponsored