First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
My front ParkSense is defective, I keep hitting things and only warnings I get are CRUNCH and BANG, the rear works good.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 10.41.59 AM.png
Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I have an LE so metal bumper. I'm not aware of any parking sensors in that bumper and haven't had any signals from the front. Maybe just the non-metal bumpers have them? On the other side, I just use my trail cam when I'm inching up on something.

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I have an LE so metal bumper. I'm not aware of any parking sensors in that bumper and haven't had any signals from the front. Maybe just the non-metal bumpers have them? On the other side, I just use my trail cam when I'm inching up on something.
I have a Rubicon that has the optional metal bumper. I was just kidding around, it's a misprint, no matter the trim level no JT or JL as of now have the front ParkSense.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Note- "IF EQUIPPED".
Not a misprint. It's a disclaimer as a lot of the text covers other models, copy and paste, etc.
The Grand Cherokees and certain other Jeeps do have 'em and will park themselves nicely.
Apparently the JT WAS going to have the parking feature - my dealer even showed me a VIDEO of how it worked, but it's not actually there......... sort of like the bed lights that were supposed to turn on by pressing the light lens.

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Note- "IF EQUIPPED".
Not a misprint. It's a disclaimer as a lot of the text covers other models, copy and paste, etc.
The Grand Cherokees and certain other Jeeps do have 'em and will park themselves nicely.
Apparently the JT WAS going to have the parking feature - my dealer even showed me a VIDEO of how it worked, but it's not actually there......... sort of like the bed lights that were supposed to turn on by pressing the light lens.
True, these two items and more are probably for future model year releases so Jeep will have something new to offer in the JT & JL. I also read the bed light thread and I'm sure there are more misprints from copy and past from other models manuals.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
My money is on these and the bed lights were features on the JT while the manual was being written then they were pulled out to save $0.32 per vehicle.
Sponsored