Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all.

I looked around, but wasn't able to find much about it. Does anyone have any experience with this "snorkel" from Rugged Ridge? I'm not a big fan of traditional snorkels, considering my Jeep pulls double-duty as my daily, but this looks like a decent, low-profile option to lift the intake a bit more and get some cooler, cleaner air in to the engine for when I'm on the trails.

Any firsthand reviews or impressions would be appreciated. I'm a bit new to this stuff.

17756.35.jpg
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all.

I looked around, but wasn't able to find much about it. Does anyone have any experience with this "snorkel" from Rugged Ridge? I'm not a big fan of traditional snorkels, considering my Jeep pulls double-duty as my daily, but this looks like a decent, low-profile option to lift the intake a bit more and get some cooler, cleaner air in to the engine for when I'm on the trails.

Any firsthand reviews or impressions would be appreciated. I'm a bit new to this stuff.

17756.35.jpg

Interesting - I haven't seen that one before. I assume it's plastic - is it? And I wonder what it would take to paint it body color? THAT to me would be very cool

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting - I haven't seen that one before. I assume it's plastic - is it? And I wonder what it would take to paint it body color? THAT to me would be very cool
From the install video, it does appear to be some type of durable plastic. That was actually my first thought as well: color matching it. I think it'd make for a pretty inconspicuous, and potentially effective, alternative to traditional snorkels.

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of color matching, I came across this picture. It looks to be from a SEMA Rugged Ridge Jeep. Looks pretty awesome, I think! Even though it is at *roughly* the same height as the stock airbox, at the very least, it looks like it would grab significantly cooler air out there, than it would from under the hood. Also, there's an attachable extension to lift the intake to full snorkel height, so that's an option for the nasty stuff.

rugged_ridge_jeep_wrangler_rubicon_sema_2019_016.jpg

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
There are w couple threads on this floating around. I think it's a cool idea and would look sweet color matched, what's holding me back are a few reports of fitment quality.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Since it is going on a Jeep, they should have scavenged the grille out of a toy Jeep instead of from a toy Tacoma.

I'm reserving final opinion until I can see one first hand, but the whole thing looks cobbled together out of scavenged toy Toyotas and a leaf blower.

At this point I'm inclined to say that I won't be responsible for contributing to a short supply of them.

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
We'll have a full review video coming soon! I'm very impressed with the install. The parts all seem to be very high quality and the under hood components match the look of the factory plastic intake pieces well. Once installed, the switch from low intake to the full height intake is only a matter of 4 screws.

Painting any portion or all of the snorkel pieces shouldn't be a problem at all, in fact I will be painting some of the components in the next few weeks.

IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_9391 2.JPG

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I really like how subtle this snorkle is. If I was ever in water that deep, I'd be SMP for sure. Can't wait to see the video Rob. I look forward to every one you post.

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
I like this design. I consider getting one, but I need to get a windshield light mount that will work along with this.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. I’m wondering how this does in hard rain and car washes? I like that’s subtle and moves the air intake back and up some. Definitely want to see this painted.

Sponsored

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host