Sponsored

How are you holding up during the quarantine?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I just wanted to figure out what all of you were doing during the quarantine. Are you teleworking like me? Its interesting that I'm home, but nothing is getting done because i have a 2 year old and with us alternating between working and taking care of him, our days are ridiculously long. It could be worse though; my sister is an ER doc and she is working like crazy. I even have a few friends that unfortunately have the virus. Its rough times. Hope you all are doing well. Let me know what you are up to. Seriously this is my social outlet and i'm honestly going stir crazy.

I also just realized i haven't hardly drove in over 2 weeks. That 4 fill ups and about $160 dollars!
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I don't get to telework off yesterday and tonight. Working Friday - Sunday unluckily I have to "roll the dice" over all that's probably what all of us will end up doing. Then having it "burn though" to have population to fight though it. It's been about a 100 years since the world population has had this happen..... Spanish Flu. Around
1916-1919

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revitalizeautospa.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '04 CLK 55 AMG, '21 Kia Telluride
Vehicle Showcase
I'm responsible for all Army recruiting across the western half of Oklahoma and portions of northern Texas. So I'm usually INSANELY busy.

Now? Well, I'm getting good and caught up on admin tasks and home renovations. We're moving to Hawaii in October and we've only owned our home for two years (expected to be here for at least three). I'm trying to get as much value out of it as I can so I'm not underwater. Putting in plenty of sweat equity...

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I don't get to telework off yesterday and tonight. Working Friday - Sunday unluckily I have to "roll the dice" over all that's probably what all of us will end up doing. Then having it "burn though" to have population to fight though it. It's been about a 100 years since the world population has had this happen..... Spanish Flu. Around
1916-1919
Yeah so my grandpa was orphaned by that flu. Killed his parents when he was 6 and he still remembered it. Insane right?

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm responsible for all Army recruiting across the western half of Oklahoma and portions of northern Texas. So I'm usually INSANELY busy.

Now? Well, I'm getting good and caught up on admin tasks and home renovations. We're moving to Hawaii in October and we've only owned our home for two years (expected to be here for at least three). I'm trying to get as much value out of it as I can so I'm not underwater. Putting in plenty of sweat equity...
Oh wow yeah I bet you were busy! Well hopefully you get all your home stuff done. I heard Hawaii is crazy expensive with regards to housing. Is that true?

Sponsored

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wow yeah I bet you were busy! Well hopefully you get all your home stuff done. I heard Hawaii is crazy expensive with regards to housing. Is that true?
Yes, it absolutely is. Median single family home is around $780,000. For like a three bedroom with a painted cinder block exterior.

We'll be living on post at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam though.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it absolutely is. Median single family home is around $780,000. For like a three bedroom with a painted cinder block exterior.

We'll be living on post at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam though.
WHAT?! that's insane. How is that pricing sustainable?! Good thing you're living on post. I'd do the same because otherwise how could you live paying that much?

PapaChop83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WHAT?! that's insane. How is that pricing sustainable?! Good thing you're living on post. I'd do the same because otherwise how could you live paying that much?

Our housing allowance would be about $3,500, which would come close to swinging that kind of mortgage. We will also receive a Cost of Living Adjustment of around $430 that would help. DoD allowances like those are tax free, so that helps too.

That being said, I'll skip the 3/4 of a million mortgage. :CWL:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
PapaChap83.
Great good luck with that, I avoided HI as a duty station. Not quite as a choice but I knew I didn't want to be there really to much $$$$. My uncle did 4 years there and he and family was ready to go back to AK for 4 more years after there. I got stuck in the States then Germany and back 6 years in Germany about. Was supposed to go back in 00/01 but Div CSM screwed me over. Watch your 6.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah so my grandpa was orphaned by that flu. Killed his parents when he was 6 and he still remembered it. Insane right?
It was a bad one, we might be seeing another round of it like that.

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I have been working from home all week and feel like a caged animal. Headed to our camp today to enjoy the woods and move some dirt with the tractor.
Need some serene time

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been working from home all week and feel like a caged animal. Headed to our camp today to enjoy the woods and move some dirt with the tractor.
Need some serene time
I'm so envious! My camper was supposed to be here 3 weeks ago. It was delayed and is expected here in 3 to 4 weeks. I feel crazy and can't wait to get out of the house. The little walks around the neighborhood just aren't cutting it anymore.

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PapaChap83.
Great good luck with that, I avoided HI as a duty station. Not quite as a choice but I knew I didn't want to be there really to much $$$$. My uncle did 4 years there and he and family was ready to go back to AK for 4 more years after there. I got stuck in the States then Germany and back 6 years in Germany about. Was supposed to go back in 00/01 but Div CSM screwed me over. Watch your 6.
They screwed you over? What happened?

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I just wanted to figure out what all of you were doing during the quarantine. Are you teleworking like me? Its interesting that I'm home, but nothing is getting done because i have a 2 year old and with us alternating between working and taking care of him, our days are ridiculously long. It could be worse though; my sister is an ER doc and she is working like crazy. I even have a few friends that unfortunately have the virus. Its rough times. Hope you all are doing well. Let me know what you are up to. Seriously this is my social outlet and i'm honestly going stir crazy.

I also just realized i haven't hardly drove in over 2 weeks. That 4 fill ups and about $160 dollars!
I am really starting to think you are living my life. lol. I have a 2 year old that is constantly asking for my attention since I am home and it's new to him. Teleworking on a half assed VPN is really a pain and having to document what I do in a work log is ridiculous since I would never have to do it at home. All in all though...this has been a really good thing. I am back to getting out and taking walks with family, going to start running again when my new shoes show up, been eating better, so I may have come out of this losing some weight and feeling better lol.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Teleworking as much as possible, taking walks around the neighborhood, and did a little yard work yesterday. Will add that the Gladiator is cleaner than it's been in a while cause every time I go into the garage, I find myself wiping on it. Made the mistake of trying to venture out to support a local carry-out yesterday, they were doing everything right, gloves, sanitizer, separation, limiting customers inside, etc. So I'm in line and make it to the check-out and the lady rings me up, looks across the counter at me, and COUGHS!! Right at me, she coughs! Left my stuff on the counter and hauled a$$ back to the safety of my Gladiator. Carry clorox wipes so I wiped my hands and face and everything else, and retreated to the safety of my house. Maybe a little paranoid, but I don't want this crap. Guess I'm staying put for a while now. Stay healthy fellow Jeepers!!!
Sponsored