Sponsored

Were you fortunate enough to grow up in the 80's?

TBuck

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I don't remember having a doll(and wouldn't admit it online) but I sure as hell collected those cards! That was about the same time I was going a narly rat tail.
That was Garbage pale kids
Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
@ATLalien oh wow! Thats BA! I wish I would have kept my Atari 2600, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, etc. I was able to still have a Playstation 2 with the Arcade games like Dig Dug, Missle Command, Pacman, Galaga, Pole Position and others.
I think we had that same disc for PS2. Wish I could find a similar one for PS3. The only drawback to the C64 mini I've noticed so far is that the games look a bit more pixelated that the originals once they're blown up on a 46", modern Hi Def TV. Still fun though. Summer and Winter games are awesome. Remember "Epyx" games?

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@ATalien - I remember the name but not the actual game. I had a friend who had a C64, I never had one personally. I did have the Atari 2600 and my brother thats 15 years older than I ended up with it and it was stolen....so he says; Hmmmmmm

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
My first game system was an atari 2600 I believe. Then I scored one Christmas, 87 I think when my parents bought me a Nintendo NES with gyromite robot. What a crazy package game system that was. Games like metroid, excitebike, Mike Tysons punch out, contra, super Mario, kept us up all night. Playing metroid for 4 hours straight, getting to the end and then the game freezes!

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Tube socks, short shorts, cut off t-shirts,
Jeep Gladiator Were you fortunate enough to grow up in the 80's? images-3

and mullets

Jeep Gladiator Were you fortunate enough to grow up in the 80's? images-3

Bro those shorts are late 70's. Iam with you on the mullets but we weren't wearing shorts like that. We were so cool, we had z-calvericci jeans and then we tight rolled them at the bottom, IOU sweaters and sweatshirts etc.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
O my God. My dad drove an S10 and when Seger sang "Like A Rock" for the Chevy commercial, he got the vanity plate "PET ROCK." Had it till the day he died. Thanks for the memory...

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Bro those shorts are late 70's. Iam with you on the mullets but we weren't wearing shorts like that. We were so cool, we had z-calvericci jeans and then we tight rolled them at the bottom, IOU sweaters and sweatshirts etc.
Yup, those were late 70's, but I remember people dressing like that into the early 80s in our area. I was in SC though, so we might have been a bit behind!

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Apparently off air for the eighties, but a favorite in reruns
Jeep Gladiator Were you fortunate enough to grow up in the 80's? Rc0b80a090db0a0f75dc8cfb1f49e64f0

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Many memories of the 80s being my teen years, enlisted then off and gone to Army, missing the last 3 years of the 80s traveling the world but not the good places. Got alot of experiences that I won't forget.

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
I got the complete series of Air Wolf recently. I have been escaping to the 80s to relax watching it.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I got the complete series of Air Wolf recently. I have been escaping to the 80s to relax watching it.
Ah airwolf was a favorite back then. Earnest Borgnine wasn't a pretty man was he :)? Probably the best actor on the show though.

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
Ah airwolf was a favorite back then. Earnest Borgnine wasn't a pretty man was he :)? Probably the best actor on the show though.
Ernest was awesome, and definitely the most talented on the show. There were several people on it that pop up even on Bellisario tv shows today. Its rather cool looking for people before they made it big, or the people who were on the way out.

Incidentally, does any one know if Jeep was a sponsor for the show? Nearly every vehicle on wheels is a jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited: