AmFib Low Mount Snorkel?

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
So, how much higher is that than the stock intake? The stock intake is pretty high up, it can’t be that much higher. I need to pop the hood on mine, but I thought the stock intake came in through the fender, which is essentially a cold air design. I could be confusing that with last vehicles...

Anyway, I do think it’s cooland way more aesthetically pleasing than a traditional snorkel, but for $500 I’d personally be halfway to new tires or a Sunrider. My two cents and I could be totally wrong about the factory intake design, but I do know it can’t be that much lower.
Sponsored

kdfhuey

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, how much higher is that than the stock intake? The stock intake is pretty high up, it can’t be that much higher. I need to pop the hood on mine, but I thought the stock intake came in through the fender, which is essentially a cold air design. I could be confusing that with last vehicles...

Anyway, I do think it’s cooland way more aesthetically pleasing than a traditional snorkel, but for $500 I’d personally be halfway to new tires or a Sunrider. My two cents and I could be totally wrong about the factory intake design, but I do know it can’t be that much lower.
So I think you’re right and wrong in terms of the low profile snorkel version of this. Without connecting the full snorkel it’s not buying you much height for water ingestion. However, it is grabbing cooler ambient air than the factory version which pulls from underneath the hood.

Also, let’s face it how many people are putting this on for aesthetics vs. functionality? Very few people are going to need a snorkel that goes to the top of the windshield.

To me this is a great kit because it gives you the option of putting on a full snorkel or leaving it as a low profile. I still think there are advantages of the low profile over the stock intake. Just my two cents.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
So I think you’re right and wrong in terms of the low profile snorkel version of this. Without connecting the full snorkel it’s not buying you much height for water ingestion. However, it is grabbing cooler ambient air than the factory version which pulls from underneath the hood.

Also, let’s face it how many people are putting this on for aesthetics vs. functionality? Very few people are going to need a snorkel that goes to the top of the windshield.

To me this is a great kit because it gives you the option of putting on a full snorkel or leaving it as a low profile. I still think there are advantages of the low profile over the stock intake. Just my two cents.
Don’t get me wrong. I definitely think it’s cool.

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Speaking of color matching, I came across this picture. It looks to be from a SEMA Rugged Ridge Jeep. Looks pretty awesome, I think! Even though it is at *roughly* the same height as the stock airbox, at the very least, it looks like it would grab significantly cooler air out there, than it would from under the hood. Also, there's an attachable extension to lift the intake to full snorkel height, so that's an option for the nasty stuff.

rugged_ridge_jeep_wrangler_rubicon_sema_2019_016.jpg
do you got more pics of your JT?. i loved the decal design

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
I got my snorkel back from paint, finally getting around to installing it now!

I also painted the cowl like Daniel, but then kind of went with the opposite idea and left the inlet grille and surrounds black, and painted the body of the high mount snorkel and ram.

IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon

I also painted the cowl like Daniel, but then kind of went with the opposite idea and left the inlet grille and surrounds black, and painted the body of the high mount snorkel and ram.

IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
Looking forward to seeing it installed. Now that I went with the supercharger, I'll have to modify the intake since the mopar box had to be taken out.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep

IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
That looks great! I considered the same but I was impatient and just installed it as is. Your pics make me regret my decision :headbang:
20200327_140417~3.jpg

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
Can't wait to see it installed. I too have a Sting Grey JT with a black wrapped grille. Been wondering what would look better, paint matched or leave black. :like:

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
Got everything installed, video update coming soon!

For now here's a few shots of everything installed!

IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4053.jpg
IMG_4055.jpg
IMG_4058.jpg

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
That looks great! I considered the same but I was impatient and just installed it as is. Your pics make me regret my decision :headbang:
20200327_140417~3.jpg
Honestly they both are great options. When you have a lot of black trim on the truck, it tends to work. It's really preference.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Got everything installed, video update coming soon!

For now here's a few shots of everything installed!

IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4055.jpg
Looks great! Now if Rugged Ridge would make a mirror image for the driver side that would hinge open so you could add exterior controls for a winch or air compressor.

A95EB045-D362-40E7-816E-8E63939C9325.jpeg

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. Can’t wait to see the video and how this deals with rain and carwashes. Following.
Sponsored