Sponsored

I didnt know this was a thing (ok not a mod, apparently we all already have it)

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Too bad the seat It self does not Lock. That is where my valuables are.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Locking Seats... Holy hell I am now really glad I dont have the factory alpine or bluetooth speaker as the storage behind the seat just became way more valuable.

Jeep Gladiator I didnt know this was a thing (ok not a mod, apparently we all already have it) IMG_0546
I didn't even know we had that. I'll have to take a look a tomorrow. That's awesome!

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't even know we had that. I'll have to take a look a tomorrow. That's awesome!
Neither did I, but the dude from exodus keeps pointed it out in a video and I had to go check myself. I’ve dropped the seats forward several times and never noticed that.

Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Agreed, wish when you locked that the seat wouldn't flip forward OR up. If it did that they'd sell a lot less of the locking bins I suppose.

Rwalk31

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU/ 13 Ram 3500
Have you seen the alpine speaker? It’s in the middle of the 2 seats and low. Doesn’t really take up any storage space at all.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I am simply shocked at how few people read the damn manual. I see posts here all the time from people "discovering" obvious features like this. Or even stuff that's common on most cars, like a post the other day about finding out you can select which doors to open with the remote and whether the horn honks on one press or only on two. This stuff is normal, people. You spend $40k-60k, invest two hours into reading the manual TWICE. If you have a high-end, well equipped Gladiator, there is SO much great "hidden" stuff.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
And then there's the important stuff, like how to start the vehicle if your remote is dead. It's not obvious, but it's right there in the manual. It's the same as my wife's 2011 BMW actually.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Have you seen the alpine speaker? It’s in the middle of the 2 seats and low. Doesn’t really take up any storage space at all.
I havent seen it except in pictures. Without the extra stuff back there I could hold a lot of longer items (ie a few hunting rifles in soft cases) With anything low taking up space especially in the middle it would eat up a lot of capacity for longer items.

I am simply shocked at how few people read the damn manual. I see posts here all the time from people "discovering" obvious features like this. Or even stuff that's common on most cars, like a post the other day about finding out you can select which doors to open with the remote and whether the horn honks on one press or only on two. This stuff is normal, people. You spend $40k-60k, invest two hours into reading the manual TWICE. If you have a high-end, well equipped Gladiator, there is SO much great "hidden" stuff.
Yeah we probably all should read the manual... But we don't so there ya have it..

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Yeah we probably all should read the manual... But we don't so there ya have it..
Not trying to be a dick, really, but don't you wonder what other cools stuff you may be missing? I remember long ago getting in a friend's car and moving something, I don't even remember what. An air vent or something, and she was shocked. Had never seen it. Solved a problem she had. I think it was like an under-dash hidden air nozzle.

I put the manual on my iPad and read through it in bed across three nights. Then read it again while camping, popping into the Jeep and trying things it was talking about. My friends thought I was crazy, then realized they should do it too. One didn't know that his Rubicon had storage underneath the back deck! Another was about to buy a rubber mat for the back, not knowing the stocker flips over...to a rubber mat. Crazy.
Sponsored