First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bar Owner
I swapped out my 7” for a new 8.4” screen (68417866AG) with NAV and I’m having problems after the install. Radio was in metric for temp, radio station cut in and out, satellite had some German text, no backup camera, and screen and icons were a blue theme. After a few hours, the camera works, radio works, temp is back to F°, and icons and colors match the old gladiator radio.

Remaining Issues:
Satellite radio doesn’t work still (nothing happens when I click on the icon). When I click on NAV, my location is showing up but there’s no maps/roads, etc. Also, USB2 in the counsel will charge my phone, but won’t connect to Apple CarPlay. No off-road pages.

First photo is the new 8.4” head unit. I plugged the turquoise Wire into the blue plug. On the old 7.0” the turquoise wire went into the yellow plug.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to go to dealer to have it flashed? Should I wait for an OTA update?

264FFFE7-04DC-4BC1-A788-852529BC60DD.jpeg

B7B1E720-E729-4F56-AF98-1641A1D2F999.jpeg
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
You can't get off-road pages unless you have Sirius guardian if I remember correctly. This can't be added.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
watching this thread. Ive been wanting to do the swap but cant find enough info about it all.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
@cuyunamike Where did the radio come from. That might have some clues into it. For most this has been plug & play.

I have seen people who bought from infotainment say that there is a 10+ hour long update after they install it.

OP
OP
cuyunamike

cuyunamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bar Owner
@cuyunamike Where did the radio come from. That might have some clues into it. For most this has been plug & play.

I have seen people who bought from infotainment say that there is a 10+ hour long update after they install it.
It came straight from Mopar sealed and unopened. I bought it from www.yourmoparparts.com who sourced it.

I’m hoping that letting it sit overnight will do some magic and sync everything up. I’ll go out and check in a few hours.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
It came straight from Mopar sealed and unopened. I bought it from www.yourmoparparts.com who sourced it.

I’m hoping that letting it sit overnight will do some magic and sync everything up. I’ll go out and check in a few hours.
how much did it run you?

OP
OP
cuyunamike

cuyunamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bar Owner
I’m curious to know what the turquoise connector on the Sport S factory wiring harness is for. Do I have it in the right spot? It was connected to a yellow plug on the 7” screen. The new 8.4” NAV unit only has red, white, gray, blue, and 2 mini USB Plugins.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
My swap took over night for Sync updates And everythino worked properly. Infotainment has a doogle of adding the off road pages. Also Taser can activate the function. Did the radio come with your VIN loaded? If not it will have to be flashed by the dealership. Regarding the NAV, do you have a nav antenna installed? If not infotainment has what you need.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that actually not bad
Most places were out of the 68417866AG model & the 68417866AK was backorderd.. Honestly you go our & its working report back please so I can order one.

OP
OP
cuyunamike

cuyunamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bar Owner
My swap took over night for Sync updates And everythino worked properly. Infotainment has a doogle of adding the off road pages. Also Taser can activate the function. Did the radio come with your VIN loaded? If not it will have to be flashed by the dealership. Regarding the NAV, do you have a nav antenna installed? If not infotainment has what you need.
I have a Taser, but I unmarried it to see if it helped. It had no affect on the off-road pages.
The radio did not come programmed with my VIN.
I must have a NAV antenna if the blue arrow is showing up and moves when I drive. No map structure is showing up though.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the Nav stuff is already there since you had the 7"

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I have a Taser, but I unmarried it to see if it helped. It had no affect on the off-road pages.
The radio did not come programmed with my VIN.
I must have a NAV antenna if the blue arrow is showing up and moves when I drive. No map structure is showing up though.
Any updates now that it sat a little longer?