Hauling dogs? What’s your setup?

NektoInPhx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99Taco4x2, 04Taco4x4, 13JKSport
First I cut/zip tied an old moving blanket to the rear seat, complete with slits for the catch loops behind the seat. Then shoved all my camping equipment into the foot wells to give him something to stand on when the Jeep's a rockin.

This worked well until Covid19 hit, then I got bored and did a DIY plywood rear seat delete for $18. I zip tied pool noodles around the seat catch loops, so he wouldn't hurt himself when Dad puts the hammer down.
Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I will probably have a back seat delete, new in the box for sale next week. I have a New Gladiator that will probably be bought back by Jeep with Lemon Law. There is a whole thread of us with my Jeep's problem. I ordered my back seat delete for my dog the first week I bought my Gladiator and it was a 60 day wait for the Back seat delete build. Message me if anyone wants to buy it from me. Still waiting on JEEP to get back to me.
I would be interested in it if its like the Goose platform. I am not sure by the post what exactly you are selling. But I am looking for a platform to remove my back seat.

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
We have the JK version without hammock- it’s really high quality. I’d get one for mine if I had a good solution to cover the doors- my old boy likes to bark at people, I don’t trust him in my JT. He can scratch the wife’s JK lol.
The new JL product comes with door protectors on them, not available on the JK though, but the JL stuff works on the JT.

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
I would be interested in it if its like the Goose platform. I am not sure by the post what exactly you are selling. But I am looking for a platform to remove my back seat.
YES, It is the Goose Platform. I should know no longer than one week if they are going to lemon law my new Gladiator. :(

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
First I cut/zip tied an old moving blanket to the rear seat, complete with slits for the catch loops behind the seat. Then shoved all my camping equipment into the foot wells to give him something to stand on when the Jeep's a rockin.

This worked well until Covid19 hit, then I got bored and did a DIY plywood rear seat delete for $18. I zip tied pool noodles around the seat catch loops, so he wouldn't hurt himself when Dad puts the hammer down.
Wow! My dog looks like your dogs twin but much older.. its crazy.

FB_IMG_1596521169690.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my setup and it has worked quite well so far. I have cargo nets looped thru my rack at the top and the bottom is secured to the trail rail with grommets & bolts/cams. The back cargo net has quick release buckles attached to the tail gate to hold it in place.
I also installed lap belts to the trail rails and the dogs harness has the other end of the seat belt buckles in case I slam on the brakes or an accident the belts will lock up and stop the dogs from slamming into the front of the bed.

20200730_155538.jpg

20200626_133305.jpg

OP
OP

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Here is my setup and it has worked quite well so far. I have cargo nets looped thru my rack at the top and the bottom is secured to the trail rail with grommets & bolts/cams. The back cargo net has quick release buckles attached to the tail gate to hold it in place.
I also installed lap belts to the trail rails and the dogs harness has the other end of the seat belt buckles in case I slam on the brakes or an accident the belts will lock up and stop the dogs from slamming into the front of the bed.

20200730_155538.jpg

20200626_133305.jpg

Looks great! Love it

REDDAWG

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 hd flhtcse ,20 gladiator When it gets here
Been searching for something through this forum and online. There’s NOTHING! Thinking of rigging up a bed rack system with a cargo net and installing some d-rings in the center of the bed as well. Would love to see everyone’s setups or products available, as I have a new gladiator, 4 adventurous pups and lots of travel to do!!

REDDAWG

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been searching for something through this forum and online. There’s NOTHING! Thinking of rigging up a bed rack system with a cargo net and installing some d-rings in the center of the bed as well. Would love to see everyone’s setups or products available, as I have a new gladiator, 4 adventurous pups and lots of travel to do!!
got softtopper for my dogs no hair in cab 100 + lb german shepherd no hair

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I'll post a picture of mine, I believe I purchased it off Amazon. I got a cover that goes over the backseats, with buckles you put behind the headrests. I also have two German shepherds too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

20200730_155538.jpg

20200626_133305.jpg
You got a closeup pic of the setup?

REDDAWG

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it get stuffy as the softtopper I saw only had one window and I’m not sure if it comes down?
have screen for front and rear when hot or solid when cool

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Pardon the mess. I'm transitioning out of my unit while also going to the field. It also has clips which buckle around the driver and passenger seats. I don't use them. It is easier for my pups to get in with them hanging down from the backseats. It usually doesn't hang that far down from the headrests, just needs to be adjusted.
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20200805_073539

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
This is one of the main reasons I got an ARE topper and bedrug. Most trips our pooch just hangs out in the back and has plenty of space. If I need to, I can throw in a crate and strap it down. This pic is from a recent trip where she rode in the back and did great.
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20200805_073539
Love that top, looks just right.... almost regretting not ordering a color-matched top. Do you have the specifics (options you chose) for that topper? Which one was it and what did it set you back?
Sponsored