Hauling dogs? What’s your setup?

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
20200625_155758.jpg

Realized the pic above is them ontop of the seats lol this setup works better (although sloppy) for us.

This seems like a good option. I'd have to find a home for my stuff that's in the tray though. Winch controller, tie down straps, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I saw on one of the dog threads where someone had an overland rack and covered the sides with safari strap type netting.

I've got four dogs. Although one is older and won't go with us much. The other two are Doberman pups and a standard poodle. With two kids, the bed area seems to be
the best option when the Dobies are full grown.

The Softtopper isn't ideal to me as I'd doubt it'd be sturdy enough to contain them.

For now, dog transport is relegated to the wife's JKU.. that's probably the only thing I miss over the gladiator.
I would love to see that, as it’s pretty much what I intend on doing once my rack comes in. I’ll upload a pic when it’s done. Curious to see tho since it won’t be here for a whole stinkin month!

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
Watching this thread also. I have a wife, two kids and two Boxer’s. I’m the cab isn’t an option. They are both around 80 lbs.

now trying to figure out what to do if we go camping with the dogs... we have a large travel trailer, any suggestions? Was looking at a sift cab cover and crate, I know it’s a touchy subject but they might be safe in the trailer...

Where did you get this cover from ?
Amazon. It was 30ish dollars.

MSGEngineering

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
Watching this thread also. I have a wife, two kids and two Boxer’s. I’m the cab isn’t an option. They are both around 80 lbs.
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 4572DF5F-D2AD-429F-8D7A-50AF93FFC61D

now trying to figure out what to do if we go camping with the dogs... we have a large travel trailer, any suggestions? Was looking at a sift cab cover and crate, I know it’s a touchy subject but they might be safe in the trailer...

Where did you get this cover from ?

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
This is one of the main reasons I got an ARE topper and bedrug. Most trips our pooch just hangs out in the back and has plenty of space. If I need to, I can throw in a crate and strap it down. This pic is from a recent trip where she rode in the back and did great.
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? IMG_20200702_164608

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
This is one of the main reasons I got an ARE topper and bedrug. Most trips our pooch just hangs out in the back and has plenty of space. If I need to, I can throw in a crate and strap it down. This pic is from a recent trip where she rode in the back and did great.
IMG_20200702_164608.jpg
looks great! What type of camper are you pulling? Length/weight?

how do you think the ARE would do with a soft top?

only issue I think you couldn’t remove the soft top back window... ? Is there a window that faces the cab on the ARE? Does it open?

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks great! What type of camper are you pulling? Length/weight?

how do you think the ARE would do with a soft top?

only issue I think you couldn’t remove the soft top back window... ? Is there a window that faces the cab on the ARE? Does it open?
It's a Winnie Drop WD1780, about 25' and 3200 lbs including gear.

I don't have a soft top but from what I know about it I think the ARE would work fine, just may be tricky removing/adding that back panel. If you're considering it, reach out to ARE or a local dealer. For the window in the topper, you can get it with just glass, a sliding window, or a fold down window that also has a slider. I went with the fold down to help with cleaning.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I don't have a picture handy but this is similar to the one I use and about the same size dog.

I won't let her jump into the backseat in fear of her scratching everything on the way up and in, so I pick her up and put her in, she jumps out on her on though.

Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? IMG_20200702_164608
I also pick up my doberman becuase the sound of the townails hitting the side of the jeep is the most painful sound in the world lol
Damn 3/4 doors in the rear!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Man, hauling cats is soooo much easier.........

Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20110715144357

"Hey, pop, watch out, I think that's the cops back there!"

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also pick up my doberman becuase the sound of the townails hitting the side of the jeep is the most painful sound in the world lol
Damn 3/4 doors in the rear!!!
That is why I keep a doggie blanket in the back, just pull one corner through the latch hook an drape over the side for the pup to jump in. She is old but likes to ride so I just give a little push from the butt as she jumps, works well

Sponsored

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20110715144357
I was also going the bedrug/ARE route. Does heat seem to be an issue? I’m in FL now and wouldn’t put them in the back during summer. Luckily we should be moving in the next two years

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was also going the bedrug/ARE route. Does heat seem to be an issue? I’m in FL now and wouldn’t put them in the back during summer. Luckily we should be moving in the next two years
It's something to keep top of mind for sure. On that trip it got up to the 90s and the back was warm but I wouldn't say hot. That's the main reason I got the sliding windows on both sides so they could be opened up for some ventilation.

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner

Vickie Sae

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired photographer
I will probably have a back seat delete, new in the box for sale next week. I have a New Gladiator that will probably be bought back by Jeep with Lemon Law. There is a whole thread of us with my Jeep's problem. I ordered my back seat delete for my dog the first week I bought my Gladiator and it was a 60 day wait for the Back seat delete build. Message me if anyone wants to buy it from me. Still waiting on JEEP to get back to me.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
We have the JK version without hammock- it’s really high quality. I’d get one for mine if I had a good solution to cover the doors- my old boy likes to bark at people, I don’t trust him in my JT. He can scratch the wife’s JK lol.
Sponsored