Sponsored

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Don’t recall reading stronger wheels, but they have more outboard off set to gain clearance for the big Fox shocks on the Mojave.
Any word on a steel front bumper for the Mojave yet?
Sponsored

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
Looks like there’s an 80th anniversary edition that’s on the sport line but no green color and it’s not clear to me that it’s available with manual transmission, or I might not be reading it correctly. Cool to see they did do an 80th Edition though.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Looks like the "High Altitude" is pretty awesome... and expensive. It has the wide Rubicon axles and all the safety options.

Also, there is nothing in the Willys Sport/Willys descriptions saying it comes with rock rails... unless that's what "PROTECTION SILL RAILS" are.

I'm getting Gladiator Model fatigue... too many different platforms now.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Looks like the "High Altitude" is pretty awesome... and expensive. It has the wide Rubicon axles and all the safety options.

Also, there is nothing in the Willys Sport/Willys descriptions saying it comes with rock rails... unless that's what "PROTECTION SILL RAILS" are.

I'm getting Gladiator Model fatigue... too many different platforms now.
No kidding - the sport section is getting difficult to keep straight

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
No kidding - the sport section is getting difficult to keep straight
Yah, my spreadsheet is kind of disgusting with tabs and I still haven’t added the 80th anniversary yet.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
That is how the rails on the Rubicon are described. They bolt directly to the body bottom pinch seam. I would assume they are the same mild protection.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That is how the rails on the Rubicon are described. They bolt directly to the body bottom pinch seam. I would assume they are the same mild protection.
See, that's just odd... because there are also Door Sills that are the scratch guards. That being said, here's the "Sill Rail" situation in the order form:

PROTECTION SILL RAILS (XGS) - Standard Feature in Willys Sport and Willys. Those are then listed as a Standard feature on the Mojave as well.

ROCK PROTECTION SILL RAILS (MEF) - Standard Feature on the Rubicon.

So... What is provided on the Mojave (this existed for the 2020 Mojave as well), this is what will be provided with the Willys models.

snoshoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
What happened to code XHC, the Trailer Brake Control, for $395 (!) that was listed in the July order guide????

Sponsored

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
See, that's just odd... because there are also Door Sills that are the scratch guards. That being said, here's the "Sill Rail" situation in the order form:

PROTECTION SILL RAILS (XGS) - Standard Feature in Willys Sport and Willys. Those are then listed as a Standard feature on the Mojave as well.

ROCK PROTECTION SILL RAILS (MEF) - Standard Feature on the Rubicon.

So... What is provided on the Mojave (this existed for the 2020 Mojave as well), this is what will be provided with the Willys models.
I crawled under the 2020 mojave last weekend and honestly didn't look at the rails, I was looking at the shocks and looking for any frame reinforcements. The rubicon has 2 (I think) mounting bolts behind the pinch weld. Maybe the Willy's and Sport only mount to the pinch weld? Either way if you are going to slide on rocks they are minimal protection. I switched to frame mounted rock rails on my JLUR. I can take pictures of the JLUR factory pinch weld hiders as they are in the corner of my garage.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Updated the spreadsheet with the High Altitude and 80th Anniversary trims.

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
Question: If High Altitude is going to have the stronger wider Rubicon axles, do we know what the tow rating will be? I'm wondering if it will stay at 6,000 like the Sport / Overland with the tow package, or if it may be 7,000 like the Rubicon. I am thinking the gearing and especially the brakes might be bigger factors in the $7k tow rating. It is hard to keep all this separate.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Question: If High Altitude is going to have the stronger wider Rubicon axles, do we know what the tow rating will be? I'm wondering if it will stay at 6,000 like the Sport / Overland with the tow package, or if it may be 7,000 like the Rubicon. I am thinking the gearing and especially the brakes might be bigger factors in the $7k tow rating. It is hard to keep all this separate.
Based on the data currently available... no idea. There is nothing in the order sheet specifying the GVW for the High Altitude. /c: There is no indication that it has improved gearing, so I don't expect it to be Max Tow for Overland... but it could just be that they haven't called out the 4.10 in this sheet.