First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
First post updated with latest Gladiator order guide (September 29)
Ugh! Still no Mojave with a diesel option... I really don't want a JTR

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
That’s not gonna happen. It’s too heavy according to FCA

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
That’s not gonna happen. It’s too heavy according to FCA
I was guessing it was weight related.

They also raised the JTR's price by $20. I didn't go through the options to see if they went up too.

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I've updated my spreadsheet. Pricingwise, the only change seems to be the $20 increase across all models. Feature-wise there isn't much announce. Nothing new that I can tell.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
What about a V8 Gladiator
Never going to happen. Jeep will continue to fuel the fires with hemi JLs and JTs for the show circuit but they've said more than once the size of the hemi takes away from the needed space for crumple zones and as such would not pass crash test requirements. Also look at where Jeep is going with hybrid technology, the Wrangler 4Xe (coming to the JT in the next year or so too) with its 360hp and 480lbft of torque, why bother redesigning the Wrangler line to hold a V8 with the liberals all planning to raise the CAFE requirements and phase out fossil fuel vehicles. The writing is on the wall, 2.0L turbo engines with hybrid technology is in your future, not a 392 hemi.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I was thinking the same thing (after being a 2x Rubicon owner) as I have never used my front locker nor have I used the electronic disconnect knowing too many owners that have had issues with it. However after doing some of the western parts of the AZ Peace Trail over the last week putting 500 off road miles on my Rubicon, I've decided I do need a front locker and perhaps the sway bar disco is sometimes necessary. All of the Jeeps with me on this trip were Rubicons, a non-Rubicon would not have made it thru some of the tough spots on this trail. While I was thinking I could better spend my money on a Mojave with it's "upgrades", I'm now sold on the Rubicon and I can get my diesel too.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Never going to happen. Jeep will continue to fuel the fires with hemi JLs and JTs for the show circuit but they've said more than once the size of the hemi takes away from the needed space for crumple zones and as such would not pass crash test requirements. Also look at where Jeep is going with hybrid technology, the Wrangler 4Xe (coming to the JT in the next year or so too) with its 360hp and 480lbft of torque, why bother redesigning the Wrangler line to hold a V8 with the liberals all planning to raise the CAFE requirements and phase out fossil fuel vehicles. The writing is on the wall, 2.0L turbo engines with hybrid technology is in your future, not a 392 hemi.
The great thing about putting things in writing is look back. I’ll take the opposite position. Predict jeep will make a V-8 Wrangler JL. Possibly also a V-8 Gladiator. Here’s my counter points. The electric wrangler gives CAFE offsets. V8 will be a limited run like Hellcat Durango one, two year production just to say they did it and dampen new Bronco. V8 will be replaced by a new turbo six.
There’s no point in arguing. Time will tell this story.

Surffisher2a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave and 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
I know this is a little off topic, but does anyone have access to this type of information for the Jeep Renegades? In addition to the gladiator I will be ordering soon, my wife decided she may want to also get a new renegade at the same time. I would like to configure one before i go to the dealership so I know what kind of pricing to look for. I check the "renegade" forums but they aren't as active as here and they don't have any of the data, they just tell you to go to Edmonds or a site like that.

Thanks!

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3
So I'm working with a dealer currently to order a 2021 Sport S Max Tow and all the literature says you can now get the factory LED headlights and fogs on the Sport S. I looked at the latest pricing sheet and I'm just not clear what package includes this option. The sales person at the dealer said it is included in the Safety Package for $995. However, when you use the online Jeep configurator, the safety package only lists LED tail lights and the blind spot / cross traffic monitor for the $995. I find it hard to believe that Jeep is now just throwing in the LED headlights and fogs without a significant markup on that package. Does anyone know the details?
Sponsored