Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
$800 processing fee!!!!!!!!!
That is a VA standard rate and cannot be negotiated down by VA law...it is unfortunate, but I paid the same fee at a different VA dealership when I bought my Gladiator and unfortunately did not know what Koons was offering (5% below invoice at the time on factory orders) until I was already 3 months into my order from a different dealership. Final experience was awful and I ended up almost walking out on it completely when I took delivery...Actually did walk out to take me trade to Carmax who wrote me a check in 20 minutes for almost $3,000 more than the dealers was offering me. I have not actually dealt with Koons directly, but did email them during my ordering process to get their offer in writing to use as leverage with my dealer. I wish I had actually given Koons a chance, but I had Gladiator fever and just didn't want to wait for a new order (mine took 4 1/2 months to begin with).
Sponsored

BlackSportIA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
That is a VA standard rate and cannot be negotiated down by VA law...it is unfortunate, but I paid the same fee at a different VA dealership when I bought my Gladiator and unfortunately did not know what Koons was offering (5% below invoice at the time on factory orders) until I was already 3 months into my order from a different dealership. Final experience was awful and I ended up almost walking out on it completely when I took delivery...Actually did walk out to take me trade to Carmax who wrote me a check in 20 minutes for almost $3,000 more than the dealers was offering me. I have not actually dealt with Koons directly, but did email them during my ordering process to get their offer in writing to use as leverage with my dealer. I wish I had actually given Koons a chance, but I had Gladiator fever and just didn't want to wait for a new order (mine took 4 1/2 months to begin with).
While all dealers who charge the processing fee tell people it’s mandatory or whatever (In my state if they charge it, they do have to charge it to everyone across the board equally) it is most certainly still a point of negotiation. The only number that matters in negotiation is how much the dealer is charging. If they want to (or claim they have to) charge 800 bucks for a bogus processing fee, let them do it, but the bottom line better somehow get adjusted so that charge is negated. They can wash it out by adding 800 to the trade or taking 800 off the price of the new one.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
When I worked at a dealership, mandatory training and certification through Xxxda was an eye opener. The trainer's words-"Having a dealership is a license to print money". In SC, fees are described as time and trouble for the office personnel to complete paperwork and process the title and tag/dmv items. 10 minutes, tops. 800 clams? And never, ever buy new without gap insurance. Dealers are required by law to inform the buyer of gap.

Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
If you would like to use the card for a deposit or down payment you are more then welcome to use it. The max I can use on a credit card is 3k.
cool thanks, but that wasn't technically my question. My question is your dealership a participant in the jeep drive plus program, specifically can I redeem my jeep drive plus card rewards at your dealership? https://www.drivepluscard.com/#faq

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Flying in on Friday (From NW FL) to pick up my silver JT Sport. Craig's been super patient and helpful so far. Looking forward to finally joining the Jeep family.
I'll be doing the same from Detroit in late March. Once you're back home, and need a break from joy riding, post up how everything goes. Thanks!

watarski

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
A little late posting this, but I couldn't be happier! Craig made this the best vehicle purchase I've ever experienced. Made the drive back with no issues, installed Mopar side steps, wheels, and tires the next day. Have absolutely no regrets with the Jeep, and definitely none with doing business with Craig and Koon's!

Now just waiting on the FCA manual recall to come through...

eQBZzjp.jpg

Sponsored

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I ordered a 2015 JKU Hard Rock five years ago from Koons and did their group buy at 7% below invoice. When I found out they were doing 8% below invoice on Gladiators, I knew I would be making another nine-hour round trip to buy one. It was well worth the drive. If anyone is on the fence about taking advantage of this group buy, I very highly recommend going for it. You won't find an easier buying process or a better deal anywhere else, and you won't regret it.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
I am still working on my order with Craig but he has been extremely helpful and very straight forward with everything. Most importantly he has been very patient with all of my questions and emails!

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I just wanted to throw up a recommendation for Koons from someone who has personal experience with them. I did not buy my Gladiator from them (long story that has nothing to do with them) but I did recently buy my wife a Pacifica from Koons of Tyson's and they were a pleasure to deal with. It was one of the smoothest and quickest dealer interactions I have had. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
With that...I DID buy from Craig at Koons and it was a great experience. I did have to drive from Phila area but it was not a big deal and there is an Enterprise rental at the dealership....couldnt have been easier.

Nakatalee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX-5
I am shopping for new Gladiator Rubicon and have been trying hard to find 2020 model with the color and options that my wife and I would like to have. We are considering ordering 2021 model and be a part of this group buy offer.

Craig,
Reached out to you via email.
Sponsored