Koons Gladiator Group Buy

1. cgflyer

cgflyer Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
    Liked:
    That is a VA standard rate and cannot be negotiated down by VA law...it is unfortunate, but I paid the same fee at a different VA dealership when I bought my Gladiator and unfortunately did not know what Koons was offering (5% below invoice at the time on factory orders) until I was already 3 months into my order from a different dealership. Final experience was awful and I ended up almost walking out on it completely when I took delivery...Actually did walk out to take me trade to Carmax who wrote me a check in 20 minutes for almost $3,000 more than the dealers was offering me. I have not actually dealt with Koons directly, but did email them during my ordering process to get their offer in writing to use as leverage with my dealer. I wish I had actually given Koons a chance, but I had Gladiator fever and just didn't want to wait for a new order (mine took 4 1/2 months to begin with).

2. BlackSportIA

BlackSportIA Member

First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
    Liked:
    While all dealers who charge the processing fee tell people it’s mandatory or whatever (In my state if they charge it, they do have to charge it to everyone across the board equally) it is most certainly still a point of negotiation. The only number that matters in negotiation is how much the dealer is charging. If they want to (or claim they have to) charge 800 bucks for a bogus processing fee, let them do it, but the bottom line better somehow get adjusted so that charge is negated. They can wash it out by adding 800 to the trade or taking 800 off the price of the new one.

cgflyer likes this.
  3. redrider

redrider Member

First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle(s):
    F150, Cherokee Laredo(4.0) Norton Commando, 3 Guzzi bikes and a Benelli 1130 cr
    Liked:
    When I worked at a dealership, mandatory training and certification through Xxxda was an eye opener. The trainer's words-"Having a dealership is a license to print money". In SC, fees are described as time and trouble for the office personnel to complete paperwork and process the title and tag/dmv items. 10 minutes, tops. 800 clams? And never, ever buy new without gap insurance. Dealers are required by law to inform the buyer of gap.

4. phranican

phranican Member

First Name:
    Guy
    Vehicle(s):
    08XK, 93YJ
    Liked:
    Craig Do you accept Jeep drive plus reward points?

5. OP
    OP
    Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    If you would like to use the card for a deposit or down payment you are more then welcome to use it. The max I can use on a credit card is 3k.

6. phranican

phranican Member

First Name:
    Guy
    Vehicle(s):
    08XK, 93YJ
    Liked:
    cool thanks, but that wasn't technically my question. My question is your dealership a participant in the jeep drive plus program, specifically can I redeem my jeep drive plus card rewards at your dealership? https://www.drivepluscard.com/#faq

7. OP
    OP
    Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Jeep Wrangler
    Liked:
    My mistake. Yes we do

phranican likes this.
  8. watarski

watarski Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicle(s):
    Expedition
    Liked:
    Flying in on Friday (From NW FL) to pick up my silver JT Sport. Craig's been super patient and helpful so far. Looking forward to finally joining the Jeep family.

9. msujedi

msujedi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jed
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JT Sport S, 2018 JLU Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2004 Pivot Mach 4
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I'll be doing the same from Detroit in late March. Once you're back home, and need a break from joy riding, post up how everything goes. Thanks!

10. watarski

watarski Member

First Name:
    Craig
    Vehicle(s):
    Expedition
    Liked:
    A little late posting this, but I couldn't be happier! Craig made this the best vehicle purchase I've ever experienced. Made the drive back with no issues, installed Mopar side steps, wheels, and tires the next day. Have absolutely no regrets with the Jeep, and definitely none with doing business with Craig and Koon's!

Now just waiting on the FCA manual recall to come through...

eQBZzjp.jpg

11. DreamedofaJeepSomeday

DreamedofaJeepSomeday Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Martin
    Vehicle(s):
    2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4
    Liked:
    Selling 8% under invoice, the $800 may be all they are getting out of the sale.