Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Hi Guys, Im Carlos from xLaRuta.
In this thread you will find all the modifications i will be doing to my New JT Rubicon 2021 and i will describe or report experiences.
Since the beginning of last year when I found out about the new jeep pickup I couldn't stop thinking and imagining one of them, I was always a fan of the Wranglers for all their off-road capabilities but I always leaned more to pickups, now that They decided to release this new model, I decided and proposed to buy one as soon as I had the possibility.
Around this time last year (September 2019I entered the United States of America as the husband of a magnificent woman (although I know that she is not going to read this, I would like you to know that she has been supporting me in all the decisions of this acquisition) and in order to seek a better life by his side.
Since I found this forum I have not stopped learning (or at least that is what I try) and compile all the information that could be useful for my Jeep or adventures. It is a great community and I thank everyone for sharing their experiences and guidance.
Special thanks to @eternus for his spreadsheet and to the moderators of the site for the vast information.
Some information that helped me to know more about how to choose and how much to spend on the desired jeep:
  1. Order Guide there is usually a new guide every month of what is added or removed from jeep models (colors, prices, packages). This guide also includes all the data that you must bring including each factory model
  2. Pricing Worksheet If you have already entered Jeep.com and playing with the model configurator you will understand what this spreadsheet is about. Here you will find more in depth the prices in Invoice and MSRP as well as the different prices with different discounts that your sales agent can possibly offer you. Make sure you follow all the steps from the author... and you can invite him an e-coffe if you want
  3. Do not be afraid and visit all the car agencies around you to see and test the different jeep models. Always try to reach out to the sales agent with a defined plan and expense for your future car, so they won't try to sell you what they already have on the lot. In general, agencies have models with packages predefined by them "based" on what people who live in the area "like". Check the previous links that I mention and get your accounts and what you really need. If what they offer is not what you calculated or expected, go and say no without fear, do not be afraid to "waste" time trying the different models. As for me, I chose to choose a sales agent here in southern California who offered me a 4% discount on invoice, some others offer 6 or 7% depending on whether you meet all the requirements.
  4. If you are not interested in looking for sales agents outside of your city or you have mistrust, you can join and get a membership with the group Treadligthly, this memberships will give you an additional 1% with your local dealership.
  5. Once the order has been placed, it only remains to wait 6 to 8 weeks if everything goes well.
  6. Here you will found more tips and the process of your order

Feel Free to ask me anything on the posts or by PM.

Disclaimer: Im Spanish speaker as 1st language and i will be using google translate to help me on my documentation, i apologize in advance for my bad english.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Order Details

Order Placed: 08-01-2020
Jeep at the Dealership: 09-14-2020

Jeep 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 1600968866031

Ordered with @RobTrachtman at Tuttle-Click in Irvine.
As I mentioned in the last post, I prepared and analyzed my next purchase and decided to choose Rob as the most suitable person (based on my needs). I found out about Rob through this forum as he was the best deal in southern california. From my point of view it was not worth looking for 1% or 2 & extra but having to travel more than 5,000 miles (round trip) to "save" a few dollars.
My first contact with Rob was through a call, he was very kind and gentleman, after the call our contact was by text messages until he sent me an email with the quote and simulated order in his system (which was only a photo of the screen), a little informal but had the information that I was looking for or expected. To be honest at first I did not feel completely confident since the whole process seemed very strange, I do not know if because I had never made a purchase like this (and of such magnitude), what made me feel like this ?: 1- The emails he sent me were from his personal email and not a business one, 2 - I never charge a deposit to place the order. The process was simple and it was only to send him messages occasionally to have a status of the order. always solved my doubts.
Finally the truck arrived, Rob informed me and a day later I went to pick it up. Time flew by and then without more or less I present them to you ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Build Plan
Currently I am just an amateur who is learning more and more. I have always loved adventures and going out to remote places. This Build may be slow compared to many others here with more experience or more capacity. here I leave my plans.
  • My short term plan:
    • 1st phase (comfort)
      • Window tint
      • Rubber Floor Mat
      • Seat Cover for Kissa (my boxer dog who is going to invade my pictures)
      • Modification to the Sound System
      • Seat Covers PRP (maybe?)
    • 2nd Phase (better experience)
      • Trail Rail System
      • 35in Wheels
      • Sunshade
      • Led Lights System
      • Tazer
      • Navigation/Communication System (Partial)
      • Mounts for gadgets
      • Crossbars for mtb/tent
  • My long term plan:
    • 3rd Phase (into the overlanding)
      • RTT (over the bed, low profile)
      • Kitchen equipment
      • Recovery equipment
      • Snorkel
      • Bed Side Rack/Panel
    • 4th Phase (unknown)
This plan can and should be change. Also im not sure about the order i will follow hahaha.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Seat Covers for Kissa
Link on amazon
It is wide enough (large size) for the rear of the JT. the company has an extra long size but this model is sufficient for a medium size dog. Contains a seat belt.
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) DSC_0092.JPG

Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) DSC_0094.JPG
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) DSC_0095.JPG

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
CONFORT
  1. Rubber Floor Mats
    From
    BAM, cheaper than similar pages and same as product on Mopar/Dealership.
    Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) IMG_20201012_144450_149
  2. Antenna replacement
    from amazon a small detail but looks nice and combine with de red details. Better than stock, biga$$ antenna moving all around

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Trail Rail Cargo Systema + Sofr Roll up cover

1 - The Mopar Trail Rail Cargo System i got it from BAM, and i will be getting every morpar part from them, cheap af (compared to others sites or dealer)

2- MaxMate Soft Roll up Cover a good deal on amazon, get the job done and fits almost perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Ram Mounts

Decided to go with RAM for the mounting solution since they have a lot of acceries you can find them on amazon as well (with even faster delivery than the webpage).
I made my own mount for the gopro (low profile), the ready solution they have is to tall for the dashboad.
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201024_111128.JPG

X-GRIP UNIVERSAL 10" TAB HOLDER W/ BALL
STD AND LONG DOUBLE SOCKET ARM
DASH MOUNT WITH 12" TRACK FOR JEEP JL 18-19 1"
TRACK BALL WITH T-BOLT ATTACHMENT
DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL A LENGTH
SMALL ROUND BASE 1/4"-20 THR
X-GRIP UNIVERSAL HOLDER TRACK BASE
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201024_112728.JPG

Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201024_113401.JPG
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201024_113433.JPG
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201024_114039.JPG

Pretty easy to install and ideal for yout JT Gladiator.
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201025_131737.JPG

Then only thing i noticed, or the ipad+grip is to heavy or the B size ball is too small, it hard to keep ir in place, i havent tried yet on the trail but i hope it do not loose his place.
Jeep Gladiator La Calentura Build (JT Rubicon 2021) 20201025_131852.JPG

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Seat Covers for Kissa
Link on amazon
It is wide enough (large size) for the rear of the JT. the company has an extra long size but this model is sufficient for a medium size dog. Contains a seat belt.

Do leave the rear seats down with that installed, or flip them up?

OP
OP
narcoteca

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Do leave the rear seats down with that installed, or flip them up?
yes, the seats down as normal, maybe with the XL size you can flip the seats up but maybe you will need like a flat surface or the storage door under the seats.
i believe there is another (expensive) but with headrest covers, this one do not have it.

zach471

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
yes, the seats down as normal, maybe with the XL size you can flip the seats up but maybe you will need like a flat surface or the storage door under the seats.
i believe there is another (expensive) but with headrest covers, this one do not have it.
Thanks!
Sponsored