392, its coming
Sponsored

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Well, we know thus far FCA won't be putting the V8 into the Gladiator. For the same reason the diesel Gladiator has such lackluster towing, FCA is afraid a V8 Gladiator would eat into RAM truck sales.
While that could be true, my resources at FCA have said it won’t happen because they can’t get the truck to pass crash testing as the reason.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
While that could be true, my resources at FCA have said it won’t happen because they can’t get the truck to pass crash testing as the reason.
Sure they can, they got it through with the JL, it’ll be fine with the JT, it’s coming.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Option -On board welder.
Stock- Factory Onboard Air compressor, ARB sourced but branded Jeep.
Option- Base, Stock Hemi 360 option, $3200. upspend.
Option- True 2.5 or 3 inch factory bed roll cage with frame tie ins No longer called "Sport Bar". Rated for 2 roll overs and/or 20 foot drop. Legal dept approved.
Option -E-Lockers for anyone who wants them
Stock - quick rear seat removal to flat base with flush mount d-ring tie downs.
Stock - Skid plates for Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) and front and rear lower shock mounts and lower control arms.

No matter what new they give us, we still own one of the greatest Wranglers aver made.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
You are one of the lucky ones. It does not work very well. Send and go it a cool feature but it's a crap shoot if it will actually show up. The vehicle health reports are stupid and yes 2 or more weeks old. My biggest complaint is that my 15 JKU with the Alpine system kicked ass, this one sounds good but I really wish I would have got the basic system and just upgraded myself. It's not horrible but there is huge room for improvement.
Exactly. I think I'm confusing people with my "U Connect" complaints because the people who just use the truck by itself think the system works great. But Jeep tried to get cute and come up with a fancy name and logo for their system, but it has strong implications to all the smart phone and smart home features.
Holy hell...I know it’s 2020 when someone is pissed because Google can’t tell them how much fuel is in their car.

Go flipping look! You will find out when you get in it.
It's about jeep selling the feature to customers and it doesn't work and has major design flaws.
If the feature didn't exist, than I wouldn't be pissed about how awful Jeep is handling tech issues.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I actually find UConnect with Android Auto WAY more effective than any of my Acura navigation interfaces. DLAW, I see you have several Hondas; I'd imagine you've experienced frustration with the Honda navigation/infotainment units as well
Diving off the deep end here topic-wise but the Honda and Acura have the same exact system. Honda owns Acura and they do not do anything special to the Acura version. Up until my gladiator I’ve own several TSX/TLX and Accord Touring models, exact same system. You’d think they’d spruce the Acura version but nope!

I do hate I have to pay for a subscription to get any cellular connectivity. My wife’s Ford has that feature set free for life. Of course nothing in life is free and I’m sure Ford is selling your data to 3rd parties. Where you go and when, and driving habits etc. but I’m ok with that, it’s not my home network. Considering there is an entirely new Uconnect system out there I don’t think it’s a far stretch to say you won’t see any enhancements or improvements to the existing system. FCA is all in on the new Uconnect and I’d bet the only chance is that system will trickle down during the 5yr mid-life refresh. If not then you won’t see it until the 10yr refresh.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I get nag notifications about being under a 1/8 tank of gas. I park on a slope nose down and got nagged before I started dinner last night, so not much of a lag. Not accurate, due to position, but timely.

It took me a couple days to get all the sirius/Uconnect/mopar/jeep accounts all synced correctly online. Had to actually call their customer support team, as they had created some new accounts and others were merged with my father's (different first names too) and still others were merged with my old jeep or my old chevy. Once they got all that squared away, it has worked well.

As to the 2-week old gas meter reading, mine updates any time i open the app too.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The skidplate I removed from the FAD was at least adequate, if half the strength of the Rock Hard I replaced it with. I don't see that being upgraded, that's job done by OEM standards.

Option -On board welder.
Stock- Factory Onboard Air compressor, ARB sourced but branded Jeep.
Option- Base, Stock Hemi 360 option, $3200. upspend.
Option- True 2.5 or 3 inch factory bed roll cage with frame tie ins No longer called "Sport Bar". Rated for 2 roll overs and/or 20 foot drop. Legal dept approved.
Option -E-Lockers for anyone who wants them
Stock - quick rear seat removal to flat base with flush mount d-ring tie downs.
Stock - Skid plates for Front Axle Disconnect (FAD) and front and rear lower shock mounts and lower control arms.

No matter what new they give us, we still own one of the greatest Wranglers aver made.

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
Think the long rumored FCA turbo inline 6 will replace the pentastar? That would absolutely complete the truck. I will just be pretty upset after buying mine and then it comes out. But part of me thinks there is no way they will sell it with a manual when the Bronco doesn’t offer the ecoboost V6 with a manual.

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. I think I'm confusing people with my "U Connect" complaints because the people who just use the truck by itself think the system works great. But Jeep tried to get cute and come up with a fancy name and logo for their system, but it has strong implications to all the smart phone and smart home features.

It's about jeep selling the feature to customers and it doesn't work and has major design flaws.
If the feature didn't exist, than I wouldn't be pissed about how awful Jeep is handling tech issues.
I did not get annoyed that my Tundra didn't tell me how much gas I have. Toyota never told me it would. I agree with you completely

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Think the long rumored FCA turbo inline 6 will replace the pentastar? That would absolutely complete the truck. I will just be pretty upset after buying mine and then it comes out. But part of me thinks there is no way they will sell it with a manual when the Bronco doesn’t offer the ecoboost V6 with a manual.
Is there any hard evidence of such a beast? I ask because although I really like me some inline-6, I get the impression those engines are pretty much dead due to MPG constraints.

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Oh cool just what we need a 75k midsize pickup.
Absolutely we do, you don’t have to buy it, but I’ll be one of the first in the list on our area....already have the wife’s 392 JL on order....while I’m completely happy with the current 6 in my applications I do think they should tune it to the ram 6 power offering considering it’s the same damn engine.

Last edited:

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
...while I’m completely happy with the current 6 in my applications I do think they should tune it to the ram 6 power offering considering it’s the same damn engine.
AMEN!
Sponsored