Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well...I did it. Pulled the trigger on the top and the tonneau cover!

after military discount it was $970ish shipped. Fingers crossed its worth it!

ill update with pictures and all once it comes in

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Well...I did it. Pulled the trigger on the top and the tonneau cover!

after military discount it was $970ish shipped. Fingers crossed its worth it!

ill update with pictures and all once it comes in

Thought you were holding out for black twill??

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thought you were holding out for black twill??
I got the twill in the tonneau. Im less concerned with it for the cover since its primary function is to keep my dogs contained while we pull the travel trailer

Sponsored

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I got the twill in the tonneau. Im less concerned with it for the cover since its primary function is to keep my dogs contained while we pull the travel trailer
No concern about ventilation? I want to get one for my dogs - but - until there is at least a screened back window- no go for me.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
No concern about ventilation? I want to get one for my dogs - but - until there is at least a screened back window- no go for me.
none really, I planned on coming up with something to allow a little more ventilation for the pups.Shouldn’t be too hard to rig something up

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
[/QUOTE]
none really, I planned on coming up with something to allow a little more ventilation for the pups.Shouldn’t be too hard to rig something up
Another member here has a softopper and told me the front panel opens. You can also get a mesh rear window for it.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J

Sponsored

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Also owned by BesTop. The problem with the Softopper is the upright bars occupy some bed space. If you wanted to say run a DECKED system you would have to notch the decks in 2 places to accommodate the bars from the topper.
Good points. I just want something to keep the pooches contained. I still may go rack and custom cover. I haven’t even got my Gladiator yet haha

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Also owned by BesTop. The problem with the Softopper is the upright bars occupy some bed space. If you wanted to say run a DECKED system you would have to notch the decks in 2 places to accommodate the bars from the topper.
i also wasn’t a fan of having to attach velcro to the tailgate and screw snaps into the bed. Not what I wanted for a none permanent addition

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
The sides roll up and are secured with zippers, so as long as there isn't a sideways rain, they should be covered with that setup (especially if they're crated back there). I'd assume they'll also fare well if you just have the front of the panels unzipped and the back window off.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
The sides roll up and are secured with zippers, so as long as there isn't a sideways rain, they should be covered with that setup (especially if they're crated back there). I'd assume they'll also fare well if you just have the front of the panels unzipped and the back window off.
For now I don’t intend to crate them. I have a lead that connects to the two tie downs nearest the back of the bed/cab. It has a ring in the middle that I connect two short leashes to so the dogs are secured in the bed and don’t have enough reach to jump over the sides. Its been fantastic for carting the 4 leggers around to parks.

I was thinking I may use that but with slightly longer leads to give them some space to roam for the trips.

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
I'm thinking the easiest way is to buy the top then head over to a marine cover place and have them make it removable with a zipper. I would prefer if it came that way though.

Because of this, I am thinking of going with a bed rack and having a whole cover made.
If you do that please let us know how it goes. Costs, function and so on. Maybe pics as well. It seems the Bestop lacks lots of what I thought it would be. The softopper is good, but also lacks. What your thinking could be another option.
Sponsored