Sponsored

Catch Anyone Pretending Your Gladiator is Theirs?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Went out for a drink and had the top and doors off. Sat where I could keep an eye on my Jeep.
Millenial kid came along and started hanging around my Jeep, then leaning on it and sitting on it like it was his as he engaged passers by in conversation.
So I set off my car alarm. :clap:
Millennial or Gen Z? Most millennials are well into the 30s now. Some are 40. The youngest are 24-25. Too old to be leaning on someone's vehicle, for sure, but hardly a kid.
Sponsored

IAGLADI8R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I watched an older lady looking at mine about a month ago, and it got pretty weird. She cupped her hands and veered into the windows and rubbed the hood for a lack of a better word. I had the fob in my hand and what OP did crossed my mind but I wasn't sure if she wasn't in dementia or something. If it had been a teen I woulda blared 'em!

Speaking of teens, my wife and I were out to dinner a while back and I'd parked on a busy street. Seeing where we were seated, I realized there were parking spaces off the street and right beside us so while waiting for our order moved the truck. My better half overheard a table of young people sitting beside us saying they hated Gladiators, they aren't real Jeeps and so forth when they saw it. She said they got awfully quiet when I got out and sat at the table right beside them.

We're your top and doors off when they were say they weren't real Jeeps?

slowstang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Not yet, and hopefully never. I would be VERY angry if someone leaned on mine. People should respect others property!

Sponsored

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Leaning... I just had a guy park next to me in a high school parking lot for the local fireworks show. I had just gotten out and walked around to the passenger side where my wife was about to get out, he opens his door and lets it TOUCH my door while I'm standing right there.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
As a FIB....you cheese heads always need to catch up.

I did not realize this was a thing, but you guys have some interesting stories. I guess this means mine needs bigger tires to draw some more attention. ;)

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Probably Gen Z. Did not see vaping or man bun. As a Gen Xer I am a Jaded Nihilist.

Millennial or Gen Z? Most millennials are well into the 30s now. Some are 40. The youngest are 24-25. Too old to be leaning on someone's vehicle, for sure, but hardly a kid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
sigh... We had Nirvana... saw them twice....you had Skrillex.

I want to like what you said, but as a millennial, I'm apathetic. :LOL:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Leaning... I just had a guy park next to me in a high school parking lot for the local fireworks show. I had just gotten out and walked around to the passenger side where my wife was about to get out, he opens his door and lets it TOUCH my door while I'm standing right there.
Finish him:CWL:

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Haven't had the happen to me but when I owned a 1990 Ford Ranger I guess there was one parked a few spots from mine in the same color and similar lift height. After walking out of a restaurant I used my key to get into the wrong Ranger and the door unlocked...I sat in it and noticed there were things on the dash that weren't mine and the bench seat didn't have a cover on it like mine! "Who's stuff is this and why did they leave it but take my seat cover?" I then happened to look to my left and saw my truck a few spots down! I got out, locked the door on this strangers Ranger and slinked over to mine. :CWL: I still wonder if I tried the ignition if it would have worked.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Haven't had the happen to me but when I owned a 1990 Ford Ranger I guess there was one parked a few spots from mine in the same color and similar lift height. After walking out of a restaurant I used my key to get into the wrong Ranger and the door unlocked...I sat in it and noticed there were things on the dash that weren't mine and the bench seat didn't have a cover on it like mine! "Who's stuff is this and why did they leave it but take my seat cover?" I then happened to look to my left and saw my truck a few spots down! I got out, locked the door on this strangers Ranger and slinked over to mine. :CWL: I still wonder if I tried the ignition if it would have worked.
That's before transponder keys, so if it opened the door, I bet it would have (assuming ignition was keyed alike).
Sponsored