Sponsored

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Overland, 2011 e93M3
Got the Supertop delivered last weekend just in time for this weekend's trip. Installed pretty easily with the factory rails. It would have been even easier if I would have waited until it warmed up in the morning.

There are only 2 small downsides. One is that the packaging could be a little better. It busted out of the box in 2 spots from fedex and two of the cross tubes were slightly bent. Luckily I was able to bend the insert hole back out and make it work because I really didn't want to have to go through a return process. Really wanted twill to match the sunrider, but the black diamond isn't bad at all. The second is that with the rear window tint and then the two plexi windows it's pretty dark when looking in the rearview. Even in daylight with sunglasses on it looks like it's almost night time when I look in the rearview. Not a huge deal really.

glad1.jpg

glad2.jpg

glad3.jpg
Sponsored

sfurash

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
Looks good, hope Bestop gave you a discount for their poor packaging.
I've noticed generally in my Amazon deliveries FedEx drivers are the most careless with packages.
I don't know how many times I've watched the FedEx driver through the package up the stairs to our porch.

OP
OP
busstees

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, hope Bestop gave you a discount for their poor packaging.
I've noticed generally in my Amazon deliveries FedEx drivers are the most careless with packages.
I don't know how many times I've watched the FedEx driver through the package up the stairs to our porch.
I didn't even attempt to ask for one since I really need the top for this weekend and was just happy it arrived and was able to be installed.

FedEx is the WORST. I bought a limited edition (72 worldwide) collectible statue that was almost $3k and it looked like a forklift went through the outer box, the inner box, and some of the protective foam. I was shocked the piece was intact. Then a month later I had a $7k laser engraver being delivered for work and the driver just put it in the middle of my driveway with no signature.

centra28

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue Pearl Coat
So is this top something that you will only use on occasion, to use as a camper to sleep in the bed for example? Or is this a daily use item that you intend to keep on your bed? I am trying to gage different ideas for when camping.

OP
OP
busstees

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is this top something that you will only use on occasion, to use as a camper to sleep in the bed for example? Or is this a daily use item that you intend to keep on your bed? I am trying to gage different ideas for when camping.
Originally bought it simply because I can't fit all of my families luggage in the bed without it. We have a 10 month old and her stroller, pack and play bed, etc take up half of the bed. Now I can stand them vertically and stack things higher than the bed and not worry about them on an 8hr drive.

This is also my work vehicle. I'm a screen printer who regularly has more boxes of shirts that fit in the bed. I'll use this for delivering larger orders.

Basically, I just needed more space for supplies/luggage when traveling and I don't really want to spend the money on a full aluminum cover. This one is much easier to just fold down when not in use.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Got the Supertop delivered last weekend just in time for this weekend's trip. Installed pretty easily with the factory rails. It would have been even easier if I would have waited until it warmed up in the morning.

There are only 2 small downsides. One is that the packaging could be a little better. It busted out of the box in 2 spots from fedex and two of the cross tubes were slightly bent. Luckily I was able to bend the insert hole back out and make it work because I really didn't want to have to go through a return process. Really wanted twill to match the sunrider, but the black diamond isn't bad at all. The second is that with the rear window tint and then the two plexi windows it's pretty dark when looking in the rearview. Even in daylight with sunglasses on it looks like it's almost night time when I look in the rearview. Not a huge deal really.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Supertop 2 bed topper installed - pics & feedback glad3

Wow, I really like that! It gives LOTS of versatility!

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One of the advantages of this top is that you can fold it up forward when not using it and have the unlimited headroom of a pickup truck.

Also, Bestop makes a companion toneau to go with it.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If you want the conpanion tonneau ill sell mine. I was not particularly pleased with it.

OP
OP
busstees

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want the conpanion tonneau ill sell mine. I was not particularly pleased with it.
I have the twill tonneau. Took it off to put the Supertop on.

OP
OP
busstees

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait...are we talking about a tonneu that stays on even with the supertop on?

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
What's the difference between this and the softopper?
Good question that I was also wondering. From the looks of it in the pics, this one seems to have side panels and back that fit in similar to the top on our TJ. Side panels are attached by Velcro and zippers, while with the Softopper the sides and back roll up. It also appears from the pictures that the Softopper sits closer to the cab while this one angles slightly away from it. It also appears that this one doesn’t require any Velcro tape attached to the tailgate to hold the back flap down. I’m just guessing at all of the above.

BTW, will the new one work in “safari mode” with no sides or back like the Softopper?

I currently have the twill tonneau cover by Bestop and I love it, but I’ve been wondering if I would like this type of thing better. Still on the fence for my purposes, but I sure do like the idea of it.

OP
OP
busstees

busstees

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question that I was also wondering. From the looks of it in the pics, this one seems to have side panels and back that fit in similar to the top on our TJ. Side panels are attached by Velcro and zippers, while with the Softopper the sides and back roll up. It also appears from the pictures that the Softopper sits closer to the cab while this one angles slightly away from it. It also appears that this one doesn’t require any Velcro tape attached to the tailgate to hold the back flap down. I’m just guessing at all of the above.

BTW, will the new one work in “safari mode” with no sides or back like the Softopper?

I currently have the twill tonneau cover by Bestop and I love it, but I’ve been wondering if I would like this type of thing better. Still on the fence for my purposes, but I sure do like the idea of it.
You are correct about the back. The Softopper only has rails on the sides and then velcro for the back and front flaps. This one doesn't need a flap over the end of the bed. It has a cross rail on the front and back that the material slides in to. With the Supertop You can open the bed without opening the topper at all. The rail at the end of the bed (in the picture below I detached the window so you can see the rail) can simply be slid out if you need full access. The sides can roll up on the Supertop. They have snaps that will hold them in place when rolled up....or you can take them off completely.

I really didn't want to put the velco on the bed which is why I didn't really want the Softopper option.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Supertop 2 bed topper installed - pics & feedback back

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
Anyone try painting the frame of the softopper to black? If so, what kind of paint did you use and is it staying on or falling off?

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Probably know the answer is no but do they make clear windows for the sides?
Sponsored