Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Happy Late Birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday, and today was the soonest that Katzkin could install my custom upgrade.

My JTS came from the factory with the "Heritage Tan" cloth. I wanted to keep the same, light interior, and Katzkin said the Cream color is the one that matches the Tan cloth.

I am happy with my experience with Katzkin EXCEPT for the fact they DID NOT provide me anything in writing as to what I had ordered until AFTER it was paid for & it was too late for them to correct their mistake. I wanted to have the custom logo on BOTH rows, and they placed my order for first row only. They never asked me which one I wanted, and I didn't receive anything in writing from Katzkin until the DAY AFTER I placed my order. When I pointed out their mistake, they said "sorry too late to change without a $500 cancellation fee..."

Considering I received an email AFTER ordering that said, "It's not too late to change your order and add heated and cooled seats..." I call bull$|-|iT on the policy that the logo couldn't have been added to the 2nd row...Especially when I ordered on 6/21 & install wasn't until 7/13!!!!!

Therefore, my advice to anyone dealing with Katzkin is "Insist on a written, DETAILED, invoice BEFORE paying it. Period."

Other than that, I am extremely pleased with the results & hightly recommend Katzkins...

When I dropped off the truck, they had me verify, "Is this what you ordered?"
Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_080824

Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_080828

When I dropped off the truck, I left the installation place at 8:15am. At 12:40pm, I received a call, "Your Gladiator is ready for pick-up." Here's how it looked:

Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_182826

Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_143631

Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_182809

Jeep Gladiator Katzkin Experience Thread 20210713_182857
Sponsored

Last edited:

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Great advice. I just designed the leather seats I want and had talked to a rep from Katzkin last week. If I decide to move forward with my order I will take your advice.

OP
OP
drBassman

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great advice. I just designed the leather seats I want and had talked to a rep from Katzkin last week. If I decide to move forward with my order I will take your advice.
I told them they need to change their procedure...I hope they do, so this doesn't happen to someone else. I am still pleased with my results.

If you want to save $50, follow these instructions: DM me & I'll give you my name.

Get $50 and Give $50 Referral Bonus Program:
Get a $50 Visa gift card for every purchase referral you send our way and whoever you referred also gets $50 off of their purchase price! Simply ask your referral to mention your name and vehicle details (Make/Model) at the time of purchase and they will get $50 off and you will get a $50 Visa gift card mailed out. There is no limit to how many people you can refer!

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Cost? with Logo? Looks great!! I wanted the tan color and did the black instead.. still want the tan.. so maybe this will work.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cost? with Logo? Looks great!! I wanted the tan color and did the black instead.. still want the tan.. so maybe this will work.
I personally was quoted $1595 over the phone for one solid color leather, no other accents with the install. They would not include this quote on the email they sent out to me but sent me another email a few days later stating the price would be increasing by $100 if I didn't act on the purchase within a few days, that really turned me off on my decision. I contacted a local shop who told me they prefer using Alea leather over Katzkin because there is far more leather with their product but of course its just under $2k. I am on the fence right now with my decision.

Sponsored

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Happy Late Birthday to me! Yesterday was my birthday, and today was the soonest that Katzkin could install my custom upgrade.

My JTS came from the factory with the "Heritage Tan" cloth. I wanted to keep the same, light interior, and Katzkin said the Cream color is the one that matches the Tan cloth.

I am happy with my experience with Katzkin EXCEPT for the fact they DID NOT provide me anything in writing as to what I had ordered until AFTER it was paid for & it was too late for them to correct their mistake. I wanted to have the custom logo on BOTH rows, and they placed my order for first row only. They never asked me which one I wanted, and I didn't receive anything in writing from Katzkin until the DAY AFTER I placed my order. When I pointed out their mistake, they said "sorry too late to change without a $500 cancellation fee..."

Considering I received an email AFTER ordering that said, "It's not too late to change your order and add heated and cooled seats..." I call bull$|-|iT on the policy that the logo couldn't have been added to the 2nd row...Especially when I ordered on 6/21 & install wasn't until 7/13!!!!!

Therefore, my advice to anyone dealing with Katzkin is "Insist on a written, DETAILED, invoice BEFORE paying it. Period."

Other than that, I am extremely pleased with the results & hightly recommend Katzkins...

When I dropped off the truck, they had me verify, "Is this what you ordered?"

When I dropped off the truck, I left the installation place at 8:15am. At 12:40pm, I received a call, "Your Gladiator is ready for pick-up." Here's how it looked:

That looks really nice. I have 0 complaints about my cloth seats but now you make me wanna spend more money.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks for sharing your experience! Wish they would have made it right for you. This would irk me a little too much. I was going to see if I could have Katzkin swapped immediately after build and before delivery but things like this push me away a little. This is their fault in my opinion.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering this as well. Didn't know you customize it like that, that's pretty cool.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks for sharing your experience! Wish they would have made it right for you. This would irk me a little too much. I was going to see if I could have Katzkin swapped immediately after build and before delivery but things like this push me away a little. This is their fault in my opinion.
Actually, I didn't even realize most leather interiors with stitching don't have stitching on the second row. Just looked at my Ridgeline Black Edition and it's only front seats. Looked at some photos of leather interior Jeeps and it's also only the front seats. I'm less irked by this because it's pretty common to only be the front seats and I didn't even recognize that BUT if you wanted it on both rows and asked for it both rows, it's on them.

Sponsored

JDMRN81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
I personally was quoted $1595 over the phone for one solid color leather, no other accents with the install. They would not include this quote on the email they sent out to me but sent me another email a few days later stating the price would be increasing by $100 if I didn't act on the purchase within a few days, that really turned me off on my decision. I contacted a local shop who told me they prefer using Alea leather over Katzkin because there is far more leather with their product but of course its just under $2k. I am on the fence right now with my decision.
I had the exact same experience with Katzkin. Was going back and forth with the shop who would do it and they said it was a 2 day process. They’re 45 minutes from me. I really don’t have the ability to be vehicle free for 2 days so I decided against it.

Anybody in the western PA area who wants to sell me their Mojave leather seats hit me up!

OP
OP
drBassman

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am considering this as well. Didn't know you customize it like that, that's pretty cool.
Katzkins are also available at your dealership -- there are some custom embroidery that are ONLY available through the dealership, and you can customize what you want there, too.

I went to my dealership (a small dealership in a small town), and they took my name / email address, and said the parts guy would get back to me in a day or 2 ... and I'm still waiting to hear back. Thus, I went to Katzkin direct.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted a local shop who told me they prefer using Alea leather over Katzkin because there is far more leather with their product but of course its just under $2k. I am on the fence right now with my decision.
Are you saying Katzkin isn't all leather?

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying Katzkin isn't all leather?
[/Q
"Deluxe" Leather-Trimmed Interior which utilizes a combination of genuine leather and vinyl. The front seats have leather faces and rear outboard seats have leather inserts -- all other parts are vinyl. This leather content is consistent with most vehicle manufacturers.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I understand that this is consistent with most manufacturers. I incorrectly thought the they were all leather.
Sponsored