Sponsored

Freedom Edition

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
I came across a Freedom Edition Gladiator model on Jeep.com this morning. Has anyone looked at one of these models yet?

It has Max Tow as an option as well as rock rails, steel bumpers, etc. Here is a link to the window sticker for one on a lot near me:

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6JJTAG8ML566479

I have been considering going to a Sport S with Max Tow and this came up when I searched for that package. I thought it was a mistake at first.

I also noticed that Gorilla Glass is a $95 option on some models now too.
Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition Freedom Edition
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Pretty sure it's no longer available to order now, despite still being on the website.
Thank you for the response. I thought this was something new, but it isn't. Just something I haven't noticed before.

1981HJ47

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom Edition
I actually just got a Freedom Edition last week. I was torn between this one and a Rubicon but in the end the Freedom with a max tow clicked more boxes for our needs. I'm pretty happy with it all in all!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Wish Gorilla Glass was an option when I got mine

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
I actually just got a Freedom Edition last week. I was torn between this one and a Rubicon but in the end the Freedom with a max tow clicked more boxes for our needs. I'm pretty happy with it all in all!
Would you mind sharing your payload and towing numbers?

I have an High Altitude now and the only reason I am looking is I am already pushing the limit of my 970 lb payload. I was considering a Sport S Max Tow when I stumbled upon the Freedom Edition.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming

I have an High Altitude now and the only reason I am looking is I am already pushing the limit of my 970 lb payload. I was considering a Sport S Max Tow when I stumbled upon the Freedom Edition.
HA diesel has a bettter payload I believe, could be wrong, thought its like 1200ish/6000lb..

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
I also have a Freedom edition, Bought off the lots, with the Max Tow package. Basically a slightly more road worthy Rubicon with better towing capacity and less rock crawling chops. And the cloth/Leather seats are the best of both worlds IMHO . I'm liking it better than my former Overland model. Now to get rid of that giant star sticker on the hood.................

Bownhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , Crossfire , Pilot
also I believe towing numbers are same as sport s with Max tow package , 7650 and 1700 payload. Only real possible towing difference being weight of steel bumpers which is minimal . Of course that's if the freedom edition has the max tow package .

1981HJ47

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

So my towing is the 7650 number and my payload is 1539 as per the door. I have the bigger "step" rock rails which I sure odds some weight and then the Freedom obviously comes with the steel front and rears.

I honestly think this is the most under appreciated of the current "special" packages.

Last edited:

Sponsored

1981HJ47

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have a Freedom edition, Bought off the lots, with the Max Tow package. Basically a slightly more road worthy Rubicon with better towing capacity and less rock crawling chops. And the cloth/Leather seats are the best of both worlds IMHO . I'm liking it better than my former Overland model. Now to get rid of that giant star sticker on the hood.................
My 6 year old likes the star so it appears to be staying for us.

TNJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
On the Build and Price for the Freedom Edition, it will only let you select Max tow OR Trailer Tow package but not both. When I build out a Sport S with Max tow, the trailer tow options is automatically selected for $0 add on, which makes sense. The Max tow should include everything in the Trailer Tow plus max tow. Is this an error in the Build and Price? When I select Max Tow on a freedom edition, I should get the heavy duty cooling and the hitch zoom and everything that comes with the trailer tow, correct? Anyone with a Freedom Edition confirm? On the window sticker post by OP, I dont see Trailer Tow or anything about heavy duty cooling or trailer hitch.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Max Tow package provides the greatest payload and towing capacity, along with everything that is included in the standard tow package. You can only choose one of the packages, but selecting Max Tow will select both since it is an upgrade to the standard towing package. It shows the Max Tow package on the window sticker. Maybe they don't list the cooling and alternator upgrades on the window sheet with that package.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Correct, my Max Tow Freedom with the 8.4 has the trailer zoom etc.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
On the Build and Price for the Freedom Edition, it will only let you select Max tow OR Trailer Tow package but not both. When I build out a Sport S with Max tow, the trailer tow options is automatically selected for $0 add on, which makes sense. The Max tow should include everything in the Trailer Tow plus max tow. Is this an error in the Build and Price? When I select Max Tow on a freedom edition, I should get the heavy duty cooling and the hitch zoom and everything that comes with the trailer tow, correct? Anyone with a Freedom Edition confirm? On the window sticker post by OP, I dont see Trailer Tow or anything about heavy duty cooling or trailer hitch.
You looking to tow twice as much?
Sponsored