Smartcap sport​
RSI Commercial rack​
OVS awning​
Bedrug (floor and tailgate only).​
20210922_125854.jpg
20210918_190904.jpg
20210922_104703.jpg

20210922_104606.jpg
Any tips or tricks on the install? Any leaking? Ordered mine today and hope to get it this coming week.
Sponsored

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Any tips or tricks on the install? Any leaking? Ordered mine today and hope to get it this coming week.
So far no leaking no dust, you will need 4 people to lift it up. Follow the instructions and torque specs specially on the roof mounting nunts, or you will end up with a spining stud.

mattylmbr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So far no leaking no dust, you will need 4 people to lift it up. Follow the instructions and torque specs specially on the roof mounting nunts, or you will end up with a spining stud.
Thanks! And did you use the supplied spacers they sent - assuming you got the 12mm since it is a new install?
Thanks again.

J_0ne

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thanks! And did you use the supplied spacers they sent - assuming you got the 12mm since it is a new install?
Thanks again.
I received the old spacer and have yet to contact them to send me the taller ones but for now as it is, I can open and close the the top door on its own but if I open the tailgate I have to open the top door and close the tailgate first.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
We're down to our last dozen or so Evo Sport caps. If you wanted one, now is the time to grab them. This is the last availability of the Evo Sports for the calendar year. Near Brockton, MA? Stop in and grab one. Not local? Not a problem! We ship pretty much anywhere and everywhere.

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Interwebs ---->>>>
OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap {filename}

Sponsored

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
We're down to our last dozen or so Evo Sport caps. If you wanted one, now is the time to grab them. This is the last availability of the Evo Sports for the calendar year. Near Brockton, MA? Stop in and grab one. Not local? Not a problem! We ship pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
Your website says free shipping over $399 but I'm quoted $132 for shipping?

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@Shoebox

Per our shipping policy, freight items do not qualify for free shipping. And it costs much more than $132 to ship a cap freight, the remaining cost we cover.

Alaskantinbender

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch edition
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I really don't want the side windows. Do you have any of the AVOa or AVOc models in the pipeline?

Phone ---->>>> 888-466-8991

Interwebs ---->>>>
OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I really don't want the side windows. Do you have any of the AVOa or AVOc models in the pipeline?
There's a handful of the Evo A caps due in late November. The Evo C's aren't due in until January. If you're wanting the Evo A, recommend ordering soon. High probability they'll be completely sold out before they arrive.

Evo A Caps ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
I'll probably make a dedicated thread for this modification but the RSI SmartCap is an integral part of it so I'll start here. I built a 4 Tire Air Up/Down System into the bed of the Gladiator using the hydraulic front brackets as mounting locations for the air quick connections. Take a look.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I got mine on Friday. I ordered it through the local dealer the day after I placed my factory order with Gupton at the end of August. They had it in within a week.

Overall I like it a lot. Fit and finish are good. Looks great with a black hard top. The rear seal is a little tight against the tailgate, but I think it's going to work.

The shop I got it through didn't realize until Friday it shipped with 12 keys. All the same. Just not the right one for my top. 🤨😆 If anyone is needing G81 keys, I know where to find some. Just hook me up with a couple G80 keys. 😉
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20211008_170048
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20211008_160839
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20211008_154140

G-3PO

First Name
G threep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Small Biz
First trip with everything setup and it was a success. Really happy with how the cap did overall. Super happy to finally have it installed and working.

Couple small things to sort out. The replacement rear lift gate door didn’t have the bottom rubber seal trimmed to the proper width. So I had cut that down a bit to get it to close properly, not that big of a deal. My seal does crap on the tailgate pretty bad still despite putting the extra blocks under the back. I’ve got some additional height units on the way to try and space it up a tad bit more.

I went with some @Front Runner load bars for the top. They were rock solid, no issues. But I now wish I’d just gone for one of their racks since I could use the QD RTT mounts. My poor knuckles still aren’t happy after the install/removal ;)

The Roofnest Condor was also great. We had an evening on the trip while camping in Rabbit Valley, overlooking the Colorado River, with winds gusting well over 40mph... despite a rough night sleeping, nothing bent or fabric torn. 👍 (Our 7 year old slept straight through the entire thing, go figure!)

Again, this cap is really so well thought out. I’m very glad to have gotten through the issues with damaged panels tonfinally have it installed and in use. Hopefully RSI can keep up with demand and get through the QC/Shipping damage hiccups, as I think we all want to see them be successful in the long term.

Couple of shots:

I have the RSI smart Cap as well, and found a used condor XL. which is slighty longer that the condor you have here. (74") I'm wondering if iI will have any issues with it hanging over the cab. Any issues that you can think of? Also wondering if you would have gone with the xl vs the regular condor. Thanks!

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I got mine on Friday. I ordered it through the local dealer the day after I placed my factory order with Gupton at the end of August. They had it in within a week.

Overall I like it a lot. Fit and finish are good. Looks great with a black hard top. The rear seal is a little tight against the tailgate, but I think it's going to work.

The shop I got it through didn't realize until Friday it shipped with 12 keys. All the same. Just not the right one for my top. 🤨😆 If anyone is needing G81 keys, I know where to find some. Just hook me up with a couple G80 keys. 😉
Key issue resolved a week ago.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
I have the RSI smart Cap as well, and found a used condor XL. which is slighty longer that the condor you have here. (74") I'm wondering if iI will have any issues with it hanging over the cab. Any issues that you can think of? Also wondering if you would have gone with the xl vs the regular condor. Thanks!
Hey, sorry for the delay I just noticed this.

I don't think an overhang would be a big issue at all. I like that mine doesn't overhang... but that's just personal preference.

I wouldn't have purchased a bigger one myself, but though you'd be fine.

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks very much for pointing out this info. In our haste to get this information out, our team calculated the metric info incorrectly. The actual weight of the Gladiator SmartCap is approximately 165 lbs. We have taken down the specification information temporarily, as we work to be certain all info is correct. Thanks again for your help.
@RSI North America Inc --
I was back at the RSI website and now see that the approximate assembled weights for these caps (20-21 Gladiator EV0600-MB) have jumped to a listed 198.5-lbs! Have there been significant changes made to the caps that increased the weight or simply more conversion issues?

Not trying to be a big, ol' weight weenie, but given the generally low cargo capacity of Gladiators every bit of weight matters. I am still impatiently waiting for my EVO Sport ordered through a local dealer. :)
Sponsored