First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Reach out to them, but the number is between 168 to 198 pounds on the chart I looked at comparing all the models, I think that weight number covers the small truck caps and fullsize also perhaps. I don't have the documentation around but my shipping weight was a lot more then the cap. My daughter son in law and I lifted it up and onto gladiator, it was a struggle, because of not being under it but standing with out reached arms, two of us at front of cap and daughter at rear walked it on, uh it felt like 500 lbs., but 170lbs. seems about right......jack
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Reach out to them, but the number is between 168 to 198 ponds on the chart I looked at comparing all the models, I think that weight number covers the small truck caps and fullsize also perhaps. I don't hav ethe docomentation around but my shipping weight wa sa lot more then the cap. My daughter son in law and I lifte dit up and onto gladiator, it wa sa struggle, becus eof not being under it but standing with out reached arms, two of us at front of cap an ddaughter at rear walke dit on, uh it felt lik e500 lbs., but 170lbs. seems about right......jack
Thanks, Jack. I posted here and send email to the US regional sales manager shortly thereafter as I found his email address from previous contact. He replied, "211 pounds" but in reviewing the website, I think he must have been looking at the EVOa Adventure rather than the EVO Sport as it lists an approximate assembled weight of 211.7-lbs. If I infer from this that the current website specs are indeed correct, then these things have indeed gained some weight or have always been heavier than RSI has claimed.

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
Has anyone added chase lights to their RSI smarcap? Was thinking somehting like the Baja designs S2.

Would love to see pics of mounting/wiring. Bonus for flush mount

WKYRIDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Just bought my cap and RSI load bars. I plan to mount my RTT on top, but trying to figure out how to mount my bike. Anyone mounting a bike and a RTT? What’s the solution? I’m assuming I can mount inside the cap but what about on top or side?

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
Any one know leadtimes? Thoughts on ordering from off road Alliance?

Lastly, has anyone painted there’s to color match? Did you paint it in separate pieces or after it was fully built?

Sponsored

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
@RSI North America Inc --
I was back at the RSI website and now see that the approximate assembled weights for these caps (20-21 Gladiator EV0600-MB) have jumped to a listed 198.5-lbs! Have there been significant changes made to the caps that increased the weight or simply more conversion issues?

Not trying to be a big, ol' weight weenie, but given the generally low cargo capacity of Gladiators every bit of weight matters. I am still impatiently waiting for my EVO Sport ordered through a local dealer. :)
Thanks very much for that question. With regards to the weight of the various SmartCap models, the original weight information came straight from our CAD system’s computation for projected weights. As we have been building out our manufacturing plant to increase production capacity, we have implemented a process to physically weigh our products. This is taking time as we have so many different applications and can only weigh them as they come off the manufacturing line. Thanks for your understanding and patience as we work through this process.

Diggs9

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the market for a Smartcap , anyone have one for sale ?

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
@RSI North America Inc ... any known issues with the window/gate hinge pins? Went to toss some items in the bed this morning and the rear gate window hinge sheared off. Had a heck of a time getting window closed with the pressure from the other piston. Been on the truck a little over a year (installed Nov last year). See Pics for reference (don't mind the grime, that's just Alaskan Winter...although, the rusted "stainless" bolts have bugged me for quite some time just haven't gotten around to seeing what was suggested for replacements).

tempImageIJc0LM.png

tempImageEVLRT8.png

tempImageEeLlsp.png

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I guess taking off a side window one until they care of you would be an option, my nuts rusted in Pa. , we have the salt and I surf fish the beach’s also. …Jack

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess taking off a side window one until they care of you would be an option, my nuts rusted in Pa. , we have the salt and I surf fish the beach’s also. …Jack
good idea about stealing the side windows in the meantime....haven't had a chance to look at options yet. This work thing really gets in the way..... ;)

Sponsored

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
good idea about stealing the side windows in the meantime....haven't had a chance to look at options yet. This work thing really gets in the way..... ;)
So sorry to see that this has happened. If you would please go to our website and complete a Warranty Service Request (https://www.na.rsismartcap.com/warranty). This will begin the process to get your issue resolved.
Thanks.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well @Jaxmax, loved your idea on swapping the side hinge for a rear hinge while waiting on replacement parts from RSI (they are in the mail, thanks @RSI), but just for anyone else this may happen to, let me save you 15 minutes. The side and rear hinges are surprisingly NOT interchangeable...at glance I thought they were so started taking apart and didn't notice until the screw holes didn't line up (in the photo below, rear window hinge on left, side window on right). I should have measured first, I know, but when not side by side (and on other sides of the vehicle) they look WAY more similar. Just FYI.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_1514

Deleted member 28696

I purchased the RSI SmartCap EVO-A Adventure with the Flat Platform Rack. I'm looking to see what type of T-Bolts this uses I saw a reference to the M-8 nut but nothing for the T-bolts I want to Add a Tire Mount for my 37x20 full size spare so I need the T-Bolt that's fairly stout and then the nut to clamp down on top of the tire mount bracket. I'm looking at the Warrior products 809 roof rack tire mount. It's 8" on center apparently.

Gladiator KC LITES_L9A6979-KW_2000 Size.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys. I've got a quick question.

Can you open the tailgate without opening the rear window of the Smartcap?

Thanks

Deleted member 28696

Hi guys. I've got a quick question.

Can you open the tailgate without opening the rear window of the Smartcap?

Thanks
You can but it kind of folds the seal back when you close it, I’m not sure if it would keep water out properly.
Sponsored