Sponsored

JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Have not seen any threads on this topic, but mentioned in my rack/rtt thread.

This bed rack allows you to have a softtopper under it. Way cool. Price is a bit steep when compared to their full-size regular bed rack, which is the only reservation I have. $1500....

Bolts into the factory Trail Rail System or clamps onto the bedsides (no drilling required).
Will not work with factory bed cover. - with a softopper under, who cares

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JTXBR.html

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available JTXBR_5

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available JTXBR_2

Lines up perfectly with their roof rack it seems

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available JTXBR_6_2

Lighting!

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available JTXBR_10
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I love this rack, but I agree, it's a little pricey. Definitely going to see what others think of it before I consider shelling out that much.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Thanks for the post! Yeah, we decided to include all the doors and hardware for both raising and lowering in the product for one package price. We find ourselves changing them up depending on what we are looking for, folded down makes a great table or work surface, folded up gets them out of the way, plus you can hide gear under them that way. All in all, it's quite a bit more steel and certainly more hardware than our basic rack, that's why you see the price difference.

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 182A3530
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 182A4019
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 182A4331
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 182A4476 copy
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available R6__2248
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available R6__2342

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
it's quite a bit more steel and certainly more hardware than our basic rack, that's why you see the price difference.
Oh I get that it is worth the price. Nice features and comparable price to competitors' racks that accommodate the soft-topper type products under them. But speaking of more steel and hardware, what's this thing weigh?

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
M
Oh I get that it is worth the price. Nice features and comparable price to competitors' racks that accommodate the soft-topper type products under them. But speaking of more steel and hardware, what's this thing weigh?
I have one on order, hoping it'll get here in the next week or two, I'll try to post some pictures once I get it and the half roof rack all mounted up.

Sponsored

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
I have one on order, hoping it'll get here in the next week or two, I'll try to post some pictures once I get it and the half roof rack all mounted up.
As of last night it looks like I've gotten all the pieces so the bed rack and half roof rack will be going on this weekend. Any particular configurations wanted for viewing? Top off, doors off, etc.?

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
I wonder if people like me with the basic jcr rack can buy the folding panel separately and install it on ours. Looks like it’s the same length on the sides

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Any views, really. Curious how tightly it hugs the Softopper, and how it mounts to the bed. This would be a great option for those of us who carry dogs in the bed, yet want to bring some kayaks along to the lake/river...

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Any views, really. Curious how tightly it hugs the Softopper, and how it mounts to the bed. This would be a great option for those of us who carry dogs in the bed, yet want to bring some kayaks along to the lake/river...
No softopper so I can't help with those views...but here it is freshly installed.

Really only ran into two issues during installation:

First was that the mounts are not long enough to fit into the trail rail system. Sent info and pictures to jcr but still waiting to hear of there's a fix. Took the trail rail off and mounted it under the lip of the bed in the meantime.

Second, some of the holes for the cables that hold the side panels level while open were too small. Called jcr again, they had me drill them out and are fixing that for future customers.

Otherwise it seems very sturdy and looks great! Can't wait to get a rtt on it and put it to use!
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 6984694F-11F5-44BE-BB88-AF6D2C5BE004
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 8E34D1A7-5B84-4C77-94E1-2DD7B4D82E8B
Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 83D10FBA-452A-4937-81C5-0739E2662F50

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
No softopper so I can't help with those views...but here it is freshly installed.

First was that the mounts are not long enough to fit into the trail rail system. Sent info and pictures to jcr but still waiting to hear of there's a fix. Took the trail rail off and mounted it under the lip of the bed in the meantime.

Second, some of the holes for the cables that hold the side panels level while open were too small. Called jcr again, they had me drill them out and are fixing that for future customers.

Otherwise it seems very sturdy and looks great! Can't wait to get a rtt on it and put it to use!
Looks awesome! Sorry about the couple issues, will shoot a message over to tech support and see what's up with the brackets for you :like:

Sponsored

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 83D10FBA-452A-4937-81C5-0739E2662F50
Thanks for the feedback man. Really hoping that they fix the issues before mine is shipped to me. I ordered a couple weeks ago. I'm mainly concerned with how it's going to mount to my bedrail system.

I did mount my half rack yesterday. I love the design of it. They really make nice quality stuff.

20211210_161241.jpg

20211210_161232.jpg

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Looks awesome! Sorry about the couple issues, will shoot a message over to tech support and see what's up with the brackets for you :like:
No worries at all...tech support already got back to me, they are going to make new legs and send them out. It'll suck to have to take the rack apart and reassemble, but worth it in the end.

Miami

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Thanks for the feedback man. Really hoping that they fix the issues before mine is shipped to me. I ordered a couple weeks ago. I'm mainly concerned with how it's going to mount to my bedrail system.

I did mount my half rack yesterday. I love the design of it. They really make nice quality stuff.

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 20211210_161232

Jeep Gladiator JCR Offroad JT Overland Bed Rack Now Available 20211210_161232
Looks great! Agreed on the quality, very solid racks!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Really hoping that they fix the issues before mine is shipped to me. I ordered a couple weeks ago.
All of the engineering has been fixed for that issues, so any rack shipping now will be good. If anyone has this issue on a previous rack install, please just let us know and we will get it handled.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I love the versatility, but I’d feel like such a poser since I rarely get the opportunity to actually utilize it.
Sponsored