Sponsored

Thoughts from a new Gladiator (and Jeep) owner after a 1100 mile drive home.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Still totally different products thankfully. Google hasn't butchered it.......yet. (FTC started looking into it again, but haven't heard anything of the new investigation in a year now.)

Google maps sucks. Waze is about the only "google product" that doesn't suck. (android has it's problems but isn't their worst product.

In order to have anything decent, they had little choice but to buy a superior product. It's how fakebook and google both survive - buy the competition.
So yeah, they must have agreed Google maps sucked, so they had to find something better.
After the original developer and owner of waze sold it to google I don't remember when but was asked about the sale, etc. He said that it was the worst mistake to sell to google and let them get ahold of Waze. But I guess money talked at that time. Would imagine google paid a handsome amount to buy up the top competitor.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine have been checked and checked, and frankly if I had to have them any lower - I'd go back to halogens. They don't shine out very far at all on low beam.
It seems that people don't get modern lights around here and those that do - have illegal lighting. The ones most likely to flash or not dim their own are those with gigawatt blue/white lights shining as if trying to light a football field.
Yep same I probably need to raise my lights up a bit as I think they are set to low. The people who flash me and its not often but its usually someone in a big truck or other vehicle with as you say lights that can light up a football field (LOL).

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is great. I'm at 1600 miles and I'm getting 13 mpg max. I have 35s but still thought I'd see 16 on the road. I'm in East Texas which is a little hilly and windy this time of year. Hoping it is break in and winter blend. Maybe this summer I'll hit 15.
That is what I am kind of afraid of. I want to go to 35's eventually but don't want to take another hit in Mpg. I have 33's currently and am getting around 15-16 city and 19-20 on highway. Its a DD so going down to 13 would be to much.

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
This is the way I do it as well. I assumed it was designed for a phone to be there as not much else seems to fit that slot.
Actually that spot is the perfect fit to store your key fob and was intended to hold your key fob when driving :)

Aero_JT

First Name
Bosco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2011 Acadia SLT AWD, 1997 Saab 9000 Aero
Actually that spot is the perfect fit to store your key fob and was intended to hold your key fob when driving :)
Reading this again I "think" I finally figured out why the keyfob is so big... They supersized it just so it could fit the full width of the cupholder! How brilliant! :LOL:

With that, aren't I glad that they didn't design the fob to work in both orientations in the shape of a square? :whew:

Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the same situation with #9.

I swear my 2004 TJ on 35" tires tracks straighter and with less corrections.
My tires are currently at 38psi

What are most people setting the 33" Falken Wildpeak ATs to?

My 35s I tend to run at 30psi and it seems to be be perfect

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Congrats on the new Rig. Mojave is the best riding of all the Gladiators, I love mine.

#1 Apple Car play used to be great, and was like a slimmed down version of your phone on the dash. However recent changes made (by apple) to the music app and other things have made it difficult to not pick up the phone while driving. Mostly when you are searching for an artist or song. It tries to force you to use Siri, but siri sucks shit through a tube and if i want to hear something i want a specific song or album, so being able to search on the screen would help. Another issue that is Jeep Gladiator specific is the cable management. If you are like me and don't like the open flap protruding and cable vomit all over your dash, you would prefer to use the USB port in the center console as opposed to the port on the dash, you will be very disappointed. Because every 5-10 minutes your phone and apple car play will randomly disconnect and you will have to reseat the connection at the phone for it to reconnect. This is really fun when on important phone calls and everything just goes silent. In other threads on this forum the theory is a voltage thing or interference that jeep refuses to acknowledge, but who knows??, its just annoying...

#7 you are correct that the LED Low beams are great! However I have had a couple of times where I have ben flashed, and maybe its the New England temperament, but I did have a guy in a smaller car pull over to wave me by. He then yelled "Your f*cking headlights suck!!!" out his window as I passed by him.
yeah, I love and appreciate LED headlights but I also drive a Supra so it's a bit aggravating when I get super bright lights behind me. Plus I may be getting a bit older and getting more sensitive to bright lights.

I like how many new cars are being designed with the headlights much lower down in or near the bumper and having the turn signals/daylight markers up high where the headlights used to be. I think this solution makes a lot of sense for everyone on the road.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I usually run mine at 36. When I pulled out of the dealership with it they had it at 42 as soon as I got home I dropped them

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I usually run mine at 36. When I pulled out of the dealership with it they had it at 42 as soon as I got home I dropped them
Same here.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had the same situation with #9.

I swear my 2004 TJ on 35" tires tracks straighter and with less corrections.
My tires are currently at 38psi

What are most people setting the 33" Falken Wildpeak ATs to?

My 35s I tend to run at 30psi and it seems to be be perfect
I don't know the ideal pressure for the Falken Wildpeak 285/75s.

Based on input from this site, I aired them down to 37 PSI yesterday afternoon. I will be doing a 100 mile trip this afternoon so I'll get some feedback then.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came from the dealer at 38 Front 37 Rear
So I may drop to 36 Front 35 Rear to see what that does

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine came from the dealer at 38 Front 37 Rear
So I may drop to 36 Front 35 Rear to see what that does
Do you know if this was by accident or they specified more air in the front. Generally in RWD vehicles, you put more air in the rear.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here.
Sorry I meant that my original tires on the Sport S came at 42 out the dealership. I bought the Rubi take offs but I also run those at 36
Sponsored