Sponsored

Anyone have thoughts on going from a truck and wrangler to a Gladiator?

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR, 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
There is simply no other vehicle that can pull a 33’ 7,500 lbs travel trailer to a campsite, strip off the roof and doors and then hit the trails or beach with the family on board. Jeep just completely hit it out of the park with this truck. Do it!
Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
I traded an '18 Camaro vert and a '19 RAM 1500 for my Gladiator. I love this thing!

OP
OP
norville

norville

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
Well , I took one for a ride. I hate you all, JK. I do love my gladiator! We got a great price on my 07 wrangler and picked it up on the way to the fingerlakes for an anniversary weekend..
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have thoughts on going from a truck and wrangler to a Gladiator? 20200910_141405

First thing my wife said is it needs bigger tires...

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I own a Ram 3500 Cummins for the real truck work, and will keep it for that use. But, ... for the last 40+ years I have also owned a vehicle for off road use. I kept switching back and forth between a small 4x4 truck and a Jeep (CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, and most recently a JL). I would use a small truck for a few years (my last one was a Chevy ZR2), then I would decide the truck wasn't capable enough off road, and I couldn't go where I wanted to go. So I would switch to a Jeep for a few years before deciding the Jeep was too small, and I couldn't take anything with me if I wanted to. So back and forth it went, for decades. Jeep, Truck, Jeep, Truck, and so on. Finally I can buy a Jeep truck. I really like this vehicle platform. So far it is working great, with 35" tires on stock suspension. I can go where I want to go, and I can take what I want with me.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I got rid of a Grand Cherokee Hemi that was my tow vehicle and daily driver and a Wrangler TJ for my Gladiator. I love being able to drive the Gladiator everyday and the pickup bed is super convenient. I do miss the Hemi in the GC at times though.

Sponsored

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
Sold my 2012 Ram Longhorn to my neighbor and traded my 16 Rubicon 2dr for my Rubicon gladiator. I love not having to pay insurance, maintenance, registration and fuel for two vehicles.
Its just me and my mutt and I'm not wheeling hard stuff anymore so my Gladiator is perfect in my case. It won't wheel where my two door would and won't haul like my hemi 1500 Ram would but It hauls everything I need to haul and wheels the places I need to go.
I love it but understand it may not be for those that need a bigger truck or more capable wheeler.
It is everything I thought it would be and more, I love it.
Dave

Demetrius

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I took delivery of my ordered JT at the beginning of August. It's a Hydro Blue Sport S six speed with the hardtop and popular equipment group (tow package etc.) with a/t tires and limited slip rear end. I didn't trade in my 2013 Black Diamond Edition Pearl White Avalanche because the wife loves that truck. The JT is much more fun to drive and offers that option of removing panels, doors and roof. Highway mileage is 5 to 6 MPG better with the JT. The Jeep's ride is not as plush as the Avalanche but the JT has a nice "sporty" feel to it. The JT's wheelbase is 7" longer than the Avalanche which helps the Jeep's ride quality but hurts the turning radius. I enjoy the connection to the truck through manual shifting. The shifter isn't sports car slick but the throws are fairly short and gear selection is positive. It really doesn't "shift like a truck" at all. Overall, I'm very pleased with my Gladiator and usually don't miss the extra interior width of the Avalanche provides. By the way, my interest in Jeeps really took off when I bought a Mahindra Roxor Classic (Jeep CJ-pattern vehicle assembled in Auburn Hills Michigan with 50% local content). The JT's fit, finish and quality is excellent. The Roxor has a fun hand-made DIY chunky feel to it. I smile when I think it only cost me $11,250 new. I've added mods to both JT and Roxor but only floor mats to the Avalanche. That tells me something!

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
While not the Canyon or Colorado I just traded in my 2018 GMC Sierra SLT for the Gladiator but I have to say I was very content with that truck. It was hard going to a little bit smaller vehicle but in my opinion I think the Gladiator is much more versatile than my GMC. Don’t get me wrong, the GMC would certainly out truck the Gladiator but so will every other full size truck. As for comparing the Gladiator to the Canyon, Colorado, Tacoma, Frontier or Ranger. Well the Gladiator wins hands down.
I Also just went from a 2018 GMC SLT 4wd. Im not sorry at all I made the switch. The Gladiator does damn near everything the GMC did and makes more Smiles per Miles.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I Also just went from a 2018 GMC SLT 4wd. Im not sorry at all I made the switch. The Gladiator does damn near everything the GMC did and makes more Smiles per Miles.
I agree completely. 4 months of ownership now and zero regrets. Smile like a kid with a piece of candy every time I see it or drive it.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
We had a F250 and a 06 TJ. My hang up was the bed size, 6 months later I use the 250 one or twice a month to hall something that I need the bed for. and the Gladiator is so much easer to park and fit in parking decks.

Sponsored

IPB13

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Silverado 2500HD durmax Crew Cab. 2020 Volvo V60 R design (wifes daily), 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 1993 VW Cabrio (wifes tow), 2000 Honda S2000, 1950 Chevy Fleetline
Occupation
Sales/Ops/Engineering/Project Management
We just came back from a trip to Montana where we rented a camper van for 10 days. While there my wife fell in love with the campervan, and saw several JT's that swayed her over to the potential of getting one, and narrowing down our fleet a bit....so as of yesterday I traded in my 06 2500hd CC LTZ diesel, which covered all but $4k of my new Gladiator Rubicon, and now I'm putting my 05 LJ up for sale as well as the 25ft travel trailer.

The Gladiator will be able to do everything that I need, I have a landscape trailer for anything that won't fit in the bed, and it will see duty in the trails, hunting, and towing the ATV's. All things that the 2500HD was overkill for. Mopar lift is going in Monday and then the fun begins!

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Sold my 2004 built TJ, 2001 F250 7.3 Powerstroke, and traded the 2016 JK in on my Gladiator with a huge down payment.

I do not regret getting rid of the F250 because I just didn't need a truck that big. The Gladiator tows the boat just fine. I do not regret trading the JK in because well, it was a JK!

I kind of miss the TJ just because of all the tight trails it could fit on that this Gladiator can't without some serious body damage. Good thing there are plenty of other trails to choose from.

Best thing is I only have one vehicle to license, insure, and perform maintenance on instead of 3.
Sponsored