Sponsored

“Dealing with Rokbloks when you pay and their product never shows up.”

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I’m always building some vehicle or Jeep, ordering parts frequently. There can be weather delays of course for FedEx, UPS etc. It happens.

Despite reading posts on various online sites that Rokblok’s kits sometimes contain wrong screws etc, which I can correct with supplies at my shop, I order them. Basically since they come in black with orange, no other reason.

I’m sent only one tracking number for the order.

A couple days later a damaged, partially opened box shows up. Some brackets but no mud flaps.

You can only email Rokblokz,. Irritating in itself when you have an issue. I email. A day later I’m told by email they are in a second box that will arrive. Ok. Fair enough,

I ask for a tracking number for that box.

Two weeks since the order, no second box. Again, you can only email Rokblokz.

At this point FedEx has told me maybe the box was labeled wrong. Based on the poor packaging of the first box that arrived I’m thinking that could be, especially if sent like the first box, poorly taped so it fell apart and that’s why box 2 is now no where to be found,

Rokbloks blames FedEx and sights bad weather that could cause some delays that FedEx posts about on the FedEx site. Rokblokz then tells me box 1 was just delivered.

Box one was not just delivered, it was delivered a week ago. And, bad weather is delaying delivery of box 2? A tracking number for box 2 shows it was last checked in, in sunny California an hour from me. Perhaps, this is where it imploded, box fell apart, whatever.

Again, this is two weeks of wasted days and time with this Rokblokz email only system and you get a response a day after that, unless it’s the weekend,

At this point, a decent company would agree to and send out another set, with the understanding to send the first set back if they ever show up.

Nope, that’s not how Rokblokz works. Too much time and emailing wasted with this company.

Now, at my expense, I’m suppose to send back the damage box with the brackets and go through a cancel order request.

What a bunch of horse 💩.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
There has been so much whining about rockblokz mud flaps it is getting nauseating. “I cant install it” “i had to drill something” “i cant figure out how to orient the flap” “waa waa waa”

But what you’re dealing with is some hot bullshit and no way to run a business. Good luck, op.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
There has been so much whining about rockblokz mud flaps it is getting nauseating. “I cant install it” “i had to drill something” “i cant figure out how to orient the flap” “waa waa waa”

But what you’re dealing with is some hot bullshit and no way to run a business. Good luck, op.
Oh, I know, I read so many bad reviews about Rokblokz, their install kits and the procedure. But, I’m so hands on, been building cars since I was 14, that some short screws or figuring out an instal is not a big deal to me.

reading all those posts here, on FB etc wasn’t a deterrent, I still went with Rokblokz for the black and orange flaps.

but, where it’s at now in the way they handle things per above, nope! especially since I’ve been specifically wanting to but waiting to take the JT on some touchy roads until I got flaps on.

I will say other companies I’ve tried for the first time in the last few weeks like Hot Heads and Northridge 4x4 have been beyond awesome and. I’m happy to spend more and more of my money with them!

nbvillager

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
I’m always building some vehicle or Jeep, ordering parts frequently. There can be weather delays of course for FedEx, UPS etc. It happens.

Despite reading posts on various online sites that Rokblok’s kits sometimes contain wrong screws etc, which I can correct with supplies at my shop, I order them. Basically since they come in black with orange, no other reason.

I’m sent only one tracking number for the order.

A couple days later a damaged, partially opened box shows up. Some brackets but no mud flaps.

You can only email Rokblokz,. Irritating in itself when you have an issue. I email. A day later I’m told by email they are in a second box that will arrive. Ok. Fair enough,

I ask for a tracking number for that box.

Two weeks since the order, no second box. Again, you can only email Rokblokz.

At this point FedEx has told me maybe the box was labeled wrong. Based on the poor packaging of the first box that arrived I’m thinking that could be, especially if sent like the first box, poorly taped so it fell apart and that’s why box 2 is now no where to be found,

Rokbloks blames FedEx and sights bad weather that could cause some delays that FedEx posts about on the FedEx site. Rokblokz then tells me box 1 was just delivered.

Box one was not just delivered, it was delivered a week ago. And, bad weather is delaying delivery of box 2? A tracking number for box 2 shows it was last checked in, in sunny California an hour from me. Perhaps, this is where it imploded, box fell apart, whatever.

Again, this is two weeks of wasted days and time with this Rokblokz email only system and you get a response a day after that, unless it’s the weekend,

At this point, a decent company would agree to and send out another set, with the understanding to send the first set back if they ever show up.

Nope, that’s not how Rokblokz works. Too much time and emailing wasted with this company.

Now, at my expense, I’m suppose to send back the damage box with the brackets and go through a cancel order request.

What a bunch of horse 💩.

nbvillager

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
My order was several months ago. I had UPS, not FEDEX. BOX #1 (Brackets) arrived several days before Box #2 (Mud flaps). There was only 1 tracking number and I was concerned and subsequently relieved when Box #2 arrived. The box with brackets did have some damage, but not the brackets. The only issue that I had was that all of the screws were the same size. The instruction sheet clearly identified the size of screws; and, I went to the hardware store and got what I needed. Several months later, I am pleased with my purchase and I can not think of a better alternative. I had Mopar mud flaps previously and I would not purchase them again. If it were not for RokBloks, I don't know what I would do. I don't dispute your experience, I am telling you mine. Best of luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
My order was several months ago. I had UPS, not FEDEX. BOX #1 (Brackets) arrived several days before Box #2 (Mud flaps). There was only 1 tracking number and I was concerned and subsequently relieved when Box #2 arrived. The box with brackets did have some damage, but not the brackets. The only issue that I had was that all of the screws were the same size. The instruction sheet clearly identified the size of screws; and, I went to the hardware store and got what I needed. Several months later, I am pleased with my purchase and I can not think of a better alternative. I had Mopar mud flaps previously and I would not purchase them again. If it were not for RokBloks, I don't know what I would do. I don't dispute your experience, I am telling you mine. Best of luck.
If they actually showed up, or when clearly lost for two weeks,, if Rokblokz sent out another set instead of giving the customer the run around, telling them to return the brackets at the customer’s cost,, I’d have made the flaps work no matter what screws I had to go to Ace and get myself.

sounds like they do have some boxing up issues that you saw as well.

agsin, only reason I did Rokblokz over weather tech I’ve done so much business with over the years was because I could get Rokblokz in black and orange.

Glad you got your order sorted, were able to go buy correct screws to get them all on.

mdhaman

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
business owner
Rokbloks and other vendors should pay more attention to these forums.
I would not have heard of them without this forum. I had a good experience with them, but if they would read what people are saying maybe they would be better at handling these issues.

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I’ll just add my quick .02c

They are a bit of a pain to install. The real frustration is putting the darn things together (for the rears). If you watch the YouTube videos instead of using their instructions it helps A TON. At this price point they should be pre assembled, nothing will change my mind about that.

All said they are the best mud flaps I’ve ever owned. I would purchase again, they are worth the money, however they could improve on delivery/service.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Contact your credit card company, tell them you didn't get the product, and refuse the purchase. Works every time. This type of thing is precisely why I make almost all purchases on a CC (plus working those points...)

My issue with them is I want the red flaps and they've been OOS since I started tracking them. I wish they'd let me just put an order in and wait.

Sponsored

ZeroBeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have a new Gladiator. I am spending money on it and love it. Mudflaps are on my list an d I was considering RokBloks...but here is the deal, I absolutely refuse to support companies that don't have a history of good service. And when I read about things like this from people passionate about their Jeeps like me; yeah, they won't get any of my money. I will find a substitute and go that route. So RoKBloks, if you care about your business - and customers - you should be on here reading these forums from a huge chunk of your marketshare. But if you don't care - so be it, I am sure you can blame it on COVID or some other rediculous reason that your business failed.

I worked retail - a lot of it - and getting to the customer is job 1, every, single, time. This is an easy issue to fix. Fix it.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Amongst the numerous emails and a lot of time wasted, again as there is no phone number to call to Rokblokz and each email to them takes a day or two for them to get back to you, I’ve mentioned to Rokblokz to just send another set, offer to the customer, “Let’s give it another couple days and we will give a 10 percent off for hanging in there with us...something! Nope.

I get an email back to send back the broken box of brackets, of which they don’t even offer to pay for shipping, and start an online return process. All the while, I don’t have the mudflaps to return. So, you know that’s going to create a problem, I will contact PayPal and my Amex linked to it.

I kind of joke, but it seems like someone is running Rokblokz out of their mom’s basement and using her computer to return emails when she’s not home.

meanwhile, though I buy many Jeep parts going back many years, I just discovered Northridge 4x4. I bought a few small things from them initially.

They were so helpful, all products showed up nicely boxed up. As a result, I’ve now spent a couple grand with them recently! And, guess what, there was a delay in one of the items. They went above and beyond without me even bringing it up.

that’s how you do business, get repeat business and empty a Jeepers wallet!

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I just discovered Northridge 4x4. I bought a few small things from them initially.

They were so helpful, all products showed up nicely boxed up. As a result, I’ve now spent a couple grand with them recently! And, guess what, there was a delay in one of the items. They went above and beyond without me even bringing it up.
I agree, nobody is expected to get everything right. @Northridge4x4 has always gone above and beyond with my orders. When an item on the website was still showing an old promo (unknown to me at the time), they honored it without issue. They ship super fast, and are so easy to do business with. That’s how you keep customers.

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392
I received mine in a timely manner and installed all 4 in just under an hour.
They work very well, and I couldn't be happier.
Sucks you had a bad experience. Hopefully they'll make it right.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks. Probably just a side hustle business, but still sucks. It will remain a side hustle with that kind of customer service.

Customer service in the Jeep parts biz is generally outstanding these days. I have had excellent service from Northridge 4x4, Quadratec (other than delayed parts ship dates), Metalcloak (freaking amazing!), Truck Brigade, East Coast Gear and Supply, and others. Tried ordering some parts from Amazon and was disappointed several times.

With a small business that probably gets a high percentage of it's biz from social media/forums you really need to perform well and keep that reputation good.
Sponsored