Sponsored

whats up with quadratec

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
well said and I agree this is how to handle things. glad they took care of you, my experience has been the same. Just a point of correction, there is no JT Dana 30. All JTs have D44 at both ends. There are different versions but they are all D44.
Right. Maybe I didn't explain the skid mess up well. Quadratec sells two different skid options for the JT, 1 for the Rubicon JT and 1 for non Rubicon JTs. The Rancho skid Quadratec sells for a non Rubicon JT (if you search for parts by model) only fits a D30 axle. I didn't see that part so I had to call Quadratec and tell them the part they had labeled for a non Rubicon JT is incorrect because JTs don't have a D30. Northridge and Rancho have this mislabeled as well for anyone reading this and considering ordering one.

As you said all JTs have D44s front and back. My JTSport has a M210 front and M220 rear
Sponsored

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
I placed an order at the beginning of July and received an e-mail confirmation when I placed the order. Went back online last week to see that my card was declined. I chatted with someone and they said they would resubmit the order. I pulled it up today and it show my order was cancelled.

This is the first time I have had any issues with them. I'll call next week to get it sorted out hopefully.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
The item wasn't on back order, Rock Hard has a standard 6-8 week build time, right on the header on their main page.
Item wasn't back ordered, item was NEVER ordered. From 03 May when he originally ordered it, it wasn't ordered. On 09 July when he contacted QT and RH again it stll wasn't ordered and QT said they would that day. On 15 July he contacted RH again and it STILL wasn't ordered by QT. Hard for an item to be back ordered when it's never been ordered.

The whole idea behind these forums is to share information, both good and bad. Trying to stifle someone who has a bad review of the place you like defeats the purpose of the forum.
Other forums hold their sponsors to a higher degree of scrutiny, this place seems to collect the sponsor money and turn a blind eye to any issues brought up, or remove the threads altogether.
So again to share some info and advice, cancel the order and go through the vendor DIRECTLY. It's easy to cancel through Quadratec. I just cancelled an order just the other day through them because they originally said it was in stock but then emailed me it wasn't. People giving good positive interaction isn't meant to stifle it's meant to encourage. I get the OP's gripe but honestly it's the chance one takes going through a middle man instead of the actual company just to save a little cabbage. But lot less things to go wrong between just point A to B than from A to B to C. And things inevitably always go wrong. Shit we see threads on this forum constantly about warranty issues. And boo on Quadratec for not fixing it the first time. After the 2nd time contacting Quadratec and nothing happening I would've canceled, OP didn't and now it happened a 3rd time. If it was me and I spent $800 and still didn't get a product after getting jerked around 3 times I'd call and ask for the highest person on the food chain and cancel the order. I might share on this forum what happened but I wouldn't start a thread with the title the OP did. How's this for an exchange if ideas?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
So again to share some info and advice, cancel the order and go through the vendor DIRECTLY. It's easy to cancel through Quadratec. I just cancelled an order just the other day through them because they originally said it was in stock but then emailed me it wasn't. People giving good positive interaction isn't meant to stifle it's meant to encourage. I get the OP's gripe but honestly it's the chance one takes going through a middle man instead of the actual company just to save a little cabbage. But lot less things to go wrong between just point A to B than from A to B to C. And things inevitably always go wrong. Shit we see threads on this forum constantly about warranty issues. And boo on Quadratec for not fixing it the first time. After the 2nd time contacting Quadratec and nothing happening I would've canceled, OP didn't and now it happened a 3rd time. If it was me and I spent $800 and still didn't get a product after getting jerked around 3 times I'd call and ask for the highest person on the food chain and cancel the order. I might share on this forum what happened but I wouldn't start a thread with the title the OP did. How's this for an exchange if ideas?
The title isn't derogatory, matter of fact it's a good question.

It is NOT easy to cancel through QT. After a 3 month delay last year on an order that was supposed to take a week, I went through proper channels to cancel an order AFTER sitting on hold for an hour and thirty minutes to be told they didn't know when it would be available. I got a response to my cancellation request telling me they couldn't because it already shipped. So, either the computer lied or CS rep lied. Either way I sent them another email telling them to cancel and if my card wasn't reimbursed within 48 hours I'd proceed with a fraud claim through my CC holder.

Oh, and don't believe the "don't charge card until shipment" horseshit either.

There have been several of these threads pop up about QT & 4WP and people always jump in to defend the vendor, some of them have info only the customer or vendor would know, and then the thread disappears from the Board after so much time.
You guys can let them use the Covid excuse all you want, their computers can't catch it and keep logging sales every day. QT loves to put things up for sale without telling the customer the item is either drop shipped from manufacturer, or a 30, 60, 90 day delay.
Funny how other sites can tell you if it's in stock, drop ship, or a shipping delay right on the product page. QT has to wait to send you an email a day or so later.

Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
QT loves to put things up for sale without telling the customer the item is either drop shipped from manufacturer, or a 30, 60, 90 day delay.
Funny how other sites can tell you if it's in stock, drop ship, or a shipping delay right on the product page. QT has to wait to send you an email a day or so later.
Well that right there is a fair gripe. The point is the longer your order is in limbo the more of a chance you have happening what you experienced. I don't order anything from them anymore unless I see the little timer that says, "order in x hours y minutes and it will ship today." I've learned that if they come back with an emaiÄş saying it's out of stock or there's some type of delay I cancel it, which is very easy to do. I recently ordered an InsaneAudio JL3001 through them and got it in 2 days and I'm on the other side of the country from them. They are very reliable for items they have in stock.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
First of all, this had/has nothing to do with supply chain issues.
This was QuadraTec not doing their job. The OP placed an order, QT gave him an order number and approximate delivery time. Then QT NEVER placed the order with the manufacturer.
Second of all, the OP DID contact QT along with Rock Hard(which he shouldn't have to do) and QT goes "OOPS, we forgot to order that, we'll do so now".
Which of course QT still didn't order the item until they were contacted a THIRD time.

For you people defending a company that you say has treated you great, SO WHAT, has nothing to do with the people QT screws over. Because it does happen, it happens too often, and they need to be held accountable since they ARE sponsors of this Board.

The OP did everything in his power and beyond what is reasonably expected to make this purchase. QT dropped the ball plain and simple.

Quit coming to their defense when they keep screwing up. I don't care who QT contacts to fight their fight and what they offer them, it's time for this shit to stop.
So we have to stop sharing our own experiences for perspective now? Darn, I thought I was free to do that on the forum. Sorry. I’ll go back and delete the customer service guy’s direct email I shared too (no, I won’t actually, because I think it’s valuable). Why are people getting upset over different perspectives being shared?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have had a few games played with me and Quadratec. Main culprit is ordering from them saying something is in stock and then after a few days, I check status and see it is on back order with never an email from Quadratec telling me it changed.

Been giving more of my business to Northridge 4X4 as they seem to have a better handle on their inventory status when placing an order.

Not given up on Quadratec but they are no longer my go to default.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
So we have to stop sharing our own experiences for perspective now? Darn, I thought I was free to do that on the forum. Sorry. I’ll go back and delete the customer service guy’s direct email I shared too (no, I won’t actually, because I think it’s valuable). Why are people getting upset over different perspectives being shared?
You're welcome to share, it's the people discounting the OP's and others complaints about QT just because they have supposedly had exemplary service for the past 7 decades from them with nary a problem.
Or the people who get notices from said vendor to go fight the people that are besmirching their name.

When you repeatedly see forum "members" mentioning details of a disputed order, then you know the vendor is supplying "members" with info they shouldn't have.

I can personally attest to the shared info.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
If you complain or expect any better these days, you are labeled entitled. lol Some managers today argue that these purchases do no warrant good customer care. I have not purchased anything from them, but others who pull this I just cut right off the list. Its becoming way too common unfortunately.

Sponsored

Goheels0917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I stopped ordering from them. Their customer service team is terrible and very arrogant.

GreatGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Security Technician
My last few orders from them I have had similar issues. My biggest complaint is the lack of communication and letting their customers sit in the dark with no information

I am currently in the same boat with an order I placed back in April for an item that was marked as in stock and ready to ship. Over 3 months later and still nothing. I have sent several emails and made several phone calls with the same excuses.

TBH I will not be ordering from them in the future.

2021 Willys

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sahara, 2021 Willy Gladiator
Occupation
Retired US Government
on 5/3 ordered a set of rockhard patroit sliders. was given a 6-8 week lead time. in the 6 th week contacted via email and was told by monica 6-8 weeks from 5/3 i already knew this. just wanted an update. at week 9 called rockhard spoke with jason said order was never place/confirmed. he call them too. afew days later i call customer service and they confirmed that my order was being processed and sent to rockhard on7/9. called rockhard today 7/15 to check on possible ship date, jason at rock looked for the order and there was none.
WTF QUADRATEC? JUST CANCEL MY ORDER U1754634.
dont think i will buy from you again
Oredered a set of Quadratec velcro grab handles nearly 7 weeks ago, still on back order status.
Sponsored