Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
i just give you my opinion, a forum is the right place for that.

BUT you are the boss, this forum is your property and it is your rules. I have to accept them to stay here with you
On a forum post, sure. But in the marketplace, no.

The marketplace is not a forum so much as it's a classifieds section. You wouldn't go calling up people selling on eBay, Etsy, Facebook, or the newspaper just to say that you don't like their price. Why do it here?
Sponsored

wrangler 17io

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR TJ J10 SJ and MJ
we tell together the right answer: because it is a forum

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Stage 2 will be "no more laugh-reacts on for sale posts if you disagree with the price".

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
another good rule we had in the Cummins forums was members couldn't post anything for sale unless they had certain amount of posts and was a member for a certain amount of time. It stopped the fly by night posters.

SCJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500
another good rule we had in the Cummins forums was members couldn't post anything for sale unless they had certain amount of posts and was a member for a certain amount of time. It stopped the fly by night posters.
I get and understand that...but....

I just sold my Gladiator and have some stuff I no longer need that I'm pretty sure someone who has a Gladiator may want. I used to read the forum pretty regularly when I had a question, but never felt the need to register to add any of my dumb opinions. Me hanging out now agreeing to someone's post, or shidposting (like this one?) just to get a post count doesn't seem to add any value, at least not to me.

Sponsored

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
These are decent rules. I just got taken on my new forum. It sucks. Reminds me I must be way above market on my bumper. No one wants it. :-(

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I am not agree with the 5th rule, it is sometime truth to write that a price is too high... or too less. Just my opinion, overseas ;-)
If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's not up to you since too high is opinion.
If it's too high, the market will let the seller know as he'll be sitting on it for months.
The right price of anything, house, car, boat, dog, is what the seller and buyer say it is, it's not up to anyone else.
No one came here to sell something only to have it crapped on and sales smashed by opinions on their price.
We have this junk all the time on fakebook and the AMC forum and because of crappers on price, I will never sell anything I own on fakebook pages.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - minimum 30 posts on the forum I run. You get to know people that way and trust can be built.
Craigslist is for scammers and free ads.......

wrangler 17io

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR TJ J10 SJ and MJ
We have the same rule in our french forum, but we can discuss the price :blush:
www.jeepmania.com

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
We have the same rule in our french forum, but we can discuss the price :blush:
www.jeepmania.com
If a price bothers you that much, just leave the thread and move on. I don't know why you're so hung up on this point.

Nobody said you can't "discuss" the price. You can make an offer or don't. But no need to go in just to tell someone it's too high or something and interject your opinion on their price. That doesn't do anyone any good.

This is exactly why the rule is there. To stop the unneeded negativity from uninterested buyers.

corey21rubicon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
core-design.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing Manager / Branding Developer
The rules are fine and all.... But can you tell me what my post was removed for? What am I missing?

I have to change my profile image every time I want to sell something?

***EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023***

ATTENTION SELLERS:
All users who wish to sell in the marketplace section are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

We understand that these rules add more steps to the selling and buying process, but these rules have been implemented to protect both buyers and sellers, so thank you for your understanding and compliance. 🙏🏻

Rules #1 and #2 are EFFECTIVE TODAY, JANUARY 11, 2023. Please take note of the date when viewing or reporting a sales thread.

If you have an existing sales thread posted before January 11, 2023, you do not need to edit it. This rule will be enforced for all NEW sales threads created starting today, January 11, 2023.
Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 1.32.39 PM.png

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The rules are fine and all.... But can you tell me what my post was removed for? What am I missing?

I have to change my profile image every time I want to sell something?

Jeep Gladiator ⚠️ Announcing New Member’s Marketplace / Classifieds Section Rules Screen Shot 2023-01-14 at 1.32.39 PM
Maybe I'm missing your joke - and taking you too seriously??

Sorry, but seems rather clear - a photo of the item you are selling. That photo must have IN the photo, a note with your NAME on it. Not your profile pic or profile name.

So write a note that is clear and easy to read, place that note next to the item you are selling, take a picture of that item with the note and post that picture in your sale ad/post.

If you are selling a radio, put a piece of paper next to the radio - that paper must show your name. Take a pic of the radio WITH the hand-written note with your name.

corey21rubicon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
core-design.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Marketing Manager / Branding Developer
Maybe I'm missing your joke - and taking you too seriously??

Sorry, but seems rather clear - a photo of the item you are selling. That photo must have IN the photo, a note with your NAME on it. Not your profile pic or profile name.

So write a note that is clear and easy to read, place that note next to the item you are selling, take a picture of that item with the note and post that picture in your sale ad/post.

If you are selling a radio, put a piece of paper next to the radio - that paper must show your name. Take a pic of the radio WITH the hand-written note with your name.
Nope not a joke I'm just a moron apparently.

Got it, thanks!
Sponsored