First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I was planning on installing the oem power outlet in the bed. The only parts that I have been able to find are the plastic nut plates and the screws that mount the outlet. Anyone else having luck ordering the parts needed?
Sponsored

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
From what I can gather, the bed outlet kinda sucks anyway and getting a higher wattage solution is better, or getting a jackery or something equivalent. I've been contemplating heavily on what route to go myself. I know this isn't the info you asked for. Just some extra ideas from one person to another.

OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
From what I can gather, the bed outlet kinda sucks anyway and getting a higher wattage solution is better, or getting a jackery or something equivalent. I've been contemplating heavily on what route to go myself. I know this isn't the info you asked for. Just some extra ideas from one person to another.
I am not dead set on the factory 115v oulet . I do have one in the cab. I thought of just a 12v plug in connected to the battery. I may just do that. The factory 115v outlet just gives a bit more convenience.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I agree with above.....The bed outlet is overrated. I have a Jackery 1500 for the bigger loads and just charge it in the back seat during the day in between camp spots. I definitely want a 12v outlet that can handle 20A loads in the future though.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Bought this instead of messing around with a bed socket. I figured that I would smash the socket in the bed. Have started a few vehicles with it already. I like the idea of backup starting when off road or camping.
Jeep Gladiator 115v bed outlet 1635957891654

JohnQ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MOJAVE, 2018 GC Trailhawk, 1989 Jeep Comanche
I was planning on installing the oem power outlet in the bed. The only parts that I have been able to find are the plastic nut plates and the screws that mount the outlet. Anyone else having luck ordering the parts needed?
I've been searching as well. I found everything except for the dash bezel and jumper harness.

Deleted member 28696

Jeep Gladiator 115v bed outlet 1646204935517

Someone had this parts list in the forum. I ordered all the parts from moparoneonline.com it was a little more expensive than this list. You have to replace the cable harness at the back of the truck with a Y-harness that goes up to the plug. This will work if you have an existing inverter with a plug in the back seat area. You also have to activate the plug with a Tazer JL mini I don't think any other brand can activate it. The plug works but I doubt I'll use it anyway since it will power a table lamp or a radio but won't power a vacuum or anything real useful. It will power a Traeger grill. I suppose possibly a griddle or crockpot those types of things but nothing with a motor load.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
My list is still on back order from Nov 10th. Like you said, it will have a limited use. I planned on powering an ARB freezer. But since every thing is on backorder, I have installed a 12v socket and picked up a portable battery for the freezer. Still I will have a 115ac option if I need it. My original plan was to install the factory outlet in the bed and wire it to a more robust inverter and separate battery. That idea came from this forum, and is still not out of the equation yet.

Djkemeneur

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Do you tink it’s safe to charge an Ecoflow power station (like Jackery) with built-in 400w inverter in the bed? I have no info about pure sine and if it’s important for this equipement.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Lost1wing

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired AMT
Do you tink it’s safe to charge an Ecoflow power station (like Jackery) with built-in 400w inverter in the bed? I have no info about pure sine and if it’s important for this equipement.

Thanks!
I did see that it has a dc charging option as well as solar. The mini should be okay to plug into the bed outlet. I see what you are saying about the pure sine wave, nothing is mentioned about it except for the unit will protect itself. It will not charge as fast as if it was plugged into a wall outlet. I would ask the question on the manufacturer's website. Sorry not to be much help.
Sponsored