12” Ram screen in a JT

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I stumbled across this today and found it interesting. I may be late to this party, but it’d be kind of cool if they could integrate it well into the dash. Sounds like they’ll call it the jluax. Thoughts?
Jeep Gladiator 12” Ram screen in a JT 1597028116868

Sponsored

conrfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Curious to see how well they’ll be able to integrate it into the dash with the window controls, media inputs, etc. Not my cup of tea but i’m sure people would be willing to shell out some money for a Tesla screen in their Jeep lol.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
here's my take... I traded off my 2019 ram 1500 limited that had this screen in it... For my JT... To control the HVAC you had to tap the screen over and over and over... and the big screen is a waste of space IMO. I hated the dual screen capability and wished that I could turn it off completely (the JT 8.4' doesn't do that either...ugh!!!) honestly it's a thing that isn't needed in our vehicles unless you are the tech person that want's it... IMO its a nightmare unit and not user friendly.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
here's my take... I traded off my 2019 ram 1500 limited that had this screen in it... For my JT... To control the HVAC you had to tap the screen over and over and over... and the big screen is a waste of space IMO. I hated the dual screen capability and wished that I could turn it off completely (the JT 8.4' doesn't do that either...ugh!!!) honestly it's a thing that isn't needed in our vehicles unless you are the tech person that want's it... IMO its a nightmare unit and not user friendly.
the worst car i ever had was a menu cluster f*** of nonsense to control basic things. Give me knobs and buttons for those normal issues and if you wanna create an app or page for the other random stuff have at it.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
7" screen works great. I had the 8.4 in the Ram didn't work half the time

OP
OP
khockey02

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Interesting. I had assumed the OEM units were pretty robust considering all the awards they’ve won for them, but that would complete ruin the appeal for me. Thanks for the input

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
That's too much screen for a vehicle imo. The 8.4 is plenty and probably should be the ideal size for most vehicles. I hardly use the screen anyway. Only to glance at radio stations and my temperature. Set it and forget it.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Interesting. I had assumed the OEM units were pretty robust considering all the awards they’ve won for them, but that would complete ruin the appeal for me. Thanks for the input
If you get a chance, go to the dealership and go play with the big screen. The coolness wears off within a week... also look at it this way... yes the Uconnect system is a good oem unit that gets praise just like a stock form Jeep does... but we all modify our jeeps to make them better... and the same applies for the stereo system... there’s better out there you just have to pay to play. IMO

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I don't know. I've had the 8.4 in both my '13 and '17 Ram's. No issues with either. And got to use the 12" display in a loaner '19 Ram and loved it. Very easy to use, worked perfectly. Going to trade my '17 Ram for a '20 or '21 here soon and the 12" display is on the list of wants.

I'd imagine it's not very "weather friendly" though. The 8.4 isn't either. FCA is requiring a hard top on JT's that have the 8.4.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
That is not true
I literally just went through ordering a JT. Even on Jeep's site when you select the 8.4 the 3 piece hard top is automatically selected. If you unselect the hard top the 8.4 is removed. The same happened at the dealer. So, I had two options. Dual top to get the soft top with the 8.4, or not have the 8.4.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I literally just went through ordering a JT. Even on Jeep's site when you select the 8.4 the 3 piece hard top is automatically selected. If you unselect the hard top the 8.4 is removed. The same happened at the dealer. So, I had two options. Dual top to get the soft top with the 8.4, or not have the 8.4.
Has zero to do with weather. It has to do with money.
” you want that cool 8.4 inch screen, well your going to have to also get the hard top”

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
If you are optioning a Sport S it will do that to you, a Rubicon it will not. There are some oddities in the order system but it is about $ as GoVR46 mentioned.
Sponsored