Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
With the bed full of water and food to feed 40 kids, I cruised in 8th and usually only dropped to 7th on the hills/mountains.

some, like Raton Pass, I think I did drop to 6th.
8th is an over drive gear, it should be expected to drop a gear when towing/hauling weight.

I always ran 5 over the speed limit. (Perhaos even a bit
Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
On the highways I can pass in 8th. You just roll on the throttle and the jeep goes
Totally agree, if you roll on the throttle in almost any gear the trans does not want to down shift and you can accelerate quiet a bit.

Scrambler84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel, 2012 JKUR, 1984 Scrambler
Occupation
Network Engineer
JTRD with 3k miles. Just did a round trip from Richmond/VA to Youngstown/OH last weekend. ~27.3 mpg for the way up to OH, and 24.6mpg on the way back. I got a M416 trailer in OH and towed it back home with obeying the 65mph speed limit for the trailer. At no point in time did I felt the trailer, had to check a few times if it even was still there.
didnt know that the M416 has a speed limit, i have run mine for years at 70-75 no issues.

TheGerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
IT
didnt know that the M416 has a speed limit, i have run mine for years at 70-75 no issues.
I just bought it and as I didn’t know the tire and trailer history I was more on the cautious side.
I just bought it and as I didn't know the trailer and tire history I was more cautious anyway, but here's a little known list for trailer speed limits:

https://www.doityourselfrv.com/state-towing-speeds/

xerootg

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Cherokee TDI, 2015 VW Golf Wagon TDI
Occupation
Software Engineer
As another person with some good miles on my ecodiesel (14k since late December), I would buy this truck again in a heartbeat. It's the single best large purchase I've made outside of my house. It's better at what I need from a Jeep than one that I built by hand over the last 10 years with cherry-picked parts and I am considering replacing my hand-built Jeep with this Gladiator since its so all-around good. Seems extreme, but sometimes you gotta be pragmatic. I think all my gripes with the JT are pretty typical of a current generation Jeep, and all seem to be resolved with a Tazer JL (start-stop, license plate lights blinding me in the dark when the camera turns on, lockers/trackbar in 4 low only, traction control turns itself back on...). Shoot, my wife even likes the Gladiator as our date night vehicle anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Hey, I'm pretty new the wheeling world and I have 3K on my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel (no lift year). I share your joy. Can you clarify what you mean by "Now on that note...I do hit bumpstops up front quite often...so I'm going to change that up in the future. I'm thinking some of those fancy Mojave ones. Or aftermarket. Not too sure, yet." Also I am looking for 2-2.5 inch lift. Sounds like you are pretty happy with the Mopar kit. Thanks for any feedback!
Hey sorry to take so long getting back to you. I hit bumpstops on my front axle occasionally on some rutted roads going at higher speeds. I'm on the 2" Mopar lift, but my put a spacer in there to keep it less.close to hitting at ride height. It'd a temporary solution until I figure out a larger lift to go with. The Mojave has a fluid controlled bumpstop that would smooth it out and be less harsh on contact

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Just read through your build thread, and I am 99% positive I saw you at the grocery store in Moab in March. I had the Glady with two mtbs over the bed.
20210319_150255.jpg

Hey that probably was me!! Glad you were out having fun. :)

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
So quick update! I'm currently on a trip that I'm 2,886 miles in on and the dash is showing an average of 20.9mpg.

Thus is pretty great considering my setup, but also that it's from San Antonio TX to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the surrounding areas, and now I'm headed up to Pennsylvania. So...varying terrains, temperatures as low as 62 and high as 117, offroading, idling, construction stop and go, and all of that so far. I'm pretty stoked with this Jeep! Currently at 20,709 miles, and I still gotta get up to PA and back to TX. I'll check in again when I get home!

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Here is how she sits now. Still on the stock 33's for now, as well. I'm sure things will change a little with the 37's.

_MG_0077.jpg

_MG_2669.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Please bring a Mojave diesel to market!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepasaurus_Rex

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Hey everyone!! I'm at just over 24k miles now! Just got back from my trip where I put on over 6k in two weeks. The Jeep did absolutely amazing. I become more and more impressed as time goes on.

I go this weekend to get some 37" BFG KM3's put on (because the Grabber X3's still haven't shown up since November), with some Black Rhino Rukble wheels. I'll update my build thread after I get them.

Overall?

Love.

20210627_171320.jpg

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I have a little over 11K miles on the EcoDiesel so far. Absolutely love it! I only have a small enclosed trailer but we have a pop-up camper that we use when Overlanding. The mileage does take a hit for sure. Around 5mpg with the camper on. But I can still pull mountain passes here in Utah easily. I waited a few years for the Jeep Diesel Truck. Once it came out I ordered it and have been in love ever since.

Here is a fuel usage sheet that I have been keeping up.
Great information, accurate data too!
Sponsored