JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
two quick questions.

1) can a JKU bumper be installed on a JT?

2) can six switches be installed after the fact? Local dealer he just the config I want except the six switches.

Thanks
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
two quick questions.

1) can a JKU bumper be installed on a JT?

2) can six switches be installed after the fact? Local dealer he just the config I want except the six switches.

Thanks
Number 1 I'm not the person to say.....

Number 2 absolutely.
I've already asked and I have seen others have the AUX switches installed after the buy. The only real difference is that with a factory install you also get two wires under the dash that supply power - I believe one hot, the other on with IGN or RUN position.
If all you want is the AUX switches to power accessories, and won't miss a couple of wires under the dash, which by the way, don't run through those AUX switches anyway, then a dealer can install them, mod the uconnect (because the switches are controlled via the uconnect screen where you can tell it how you want those switches to be configured, batter or ignition feed - on only when the JT is running or on all the time if you press the AUX switch)

So the short answer is yes - the difference being a couple extra wires under the dash that don't run through those switches anyway.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A JK front bumper can be installed on a JT/JL by simply enlarging 2 of the 8 mounting holes. I did it- It’s easy.

3BE18A53-70A6-4FCE-8C9C-2B16F959CEF6.jpeg
Awesome - I mean not just the answer - but the pic, too. Damn, too much fun!
We just don't have anything like that around here. All clay, mud, rivers, farm ground, no places to play. If you go off road here you will be greeted by a shotgun blast as the farmer or owner chases you off.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've read most bumpers will fit but some won't. So I'd make a phone call and make sure when you choose a bumper.
Sponsored