Sponsored

2020 Gladiator color availability dates (start of production)

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
By on-time I just meant, that other colors typically were released to order around 2 weeks before the start of production. Since start of production for Punk'n is 7-15 I had hoped around the 1st of July we would see orders open for that color. Since that is not the case I am just assuming that it will be delayed, but as to how long I don't know. I pretty much just check this forum everyday hoping someone posts that they placed an order. I have a dealer who said they will call me when they can order the color, but I don't put much hope in them knowing before this forum knows. I am ordering one with a manual and based on the manual transmission thread I am preparing myself to wait a very long time to get this thing.
2 Comments to add:

1. I had 4 separate local dealerships that said they would call me day 1 when (any) manual Gladiator was available to order. I was "Number 1" on their lists for custom orders. We are now 3 months after order banks have opened and I had not gotten a call form any of them. I always knew i was going to order from Travis but wanted to see what price I could get in my backyard and wanted them to fight to get my business.

2. I am also a manual order and as you can see form my process flow in my signature my order is moving right along. Hope to see you Punkin on the road soon! I love that color but it was a little too bright for my wife. For the longest time i was torn between Sting and Punkin. I ended up landing on white because it was available first. Canceled that and now my sting is moving along nicely.

Stay Zen!
Sponsored

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
I am getting a manual transmission as well. I am ordering one from @spenchey, who I am sure is getting annoyed with me by now. The Hydro Blue is set to start on 8/5 so I was hoping they may open it here within the next couple weeks? Hopefully it won't take terribly long to get it. I'd like to be in it before snow flies in Iowa! I'm ordering one without many options so hopefully it won't take too long. Either way, all we can do is wait and see.

-Mike

Are you trading us the station wagon in your profile pic?

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Let's hope they open it up on Monday. But it seems like they'd want some Punk'n orders ready on the day they first day it is available to build. I have a car coming off lease on July 31, so the sooner the better.
I did see somewhere that someone has seen two Punk'n s being built. One with matching fenders and top. :rock:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Looks like Punk'n is not going to happen on time. bummer, but hopefully by the time the color is released they will be up to speed with their part's suppliers and the builds will happen a little quicker.
I am right there with you on the Punk'n color. That is the color I want and will wait to get it. I'm just really hoping it won't be that long of a wait since they were pumping them out in the JLs. I really hope we can at least order them this Monday. My dealer is constantly checking for me since she knows I'll be getting in contact with her every day if not. So fingers crossed that Monday is a go for Punk'n!
Good news Punk'n folks. They started build today, a few days ahead of schedule (per this guy who works in the plant). Sounds like order banks are still closed, so these must be pre-specs.
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.53.57 AM.png

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Good news Punk'n folks. They started build today, a few days ahead of schedule (per this guy who works in the plant). Sounds like order banks are still closed, so these must be pre-specs.
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.53.57 AM.png
Exactly where I got my info from. Can't wait!

Sponsored

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Are you trading us the station wagon in your profile pic?
Nope. I'm sure I'd have to sell it outright. I flew down to Phoenix last year and drove it back. Not a speck of rust on that thing! It's a blast to drive, 5 speed and rear wheel drive! I'm not trading my other car either...

-Mike

IMG_0009.JPG

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
Nope. I'm sure I'd have to sell it outright. I flew down to Phoenix last year and drove it back. Not a speck of rust on that thing! It's a blast to drive, 5 speed and rear wheel drive! I'm not trading my other car either...

-Mike

IMG_0009.JPG

Just picked my jaw up off the ground!

Love the old classsics, bought a 95 xj last fall 175k not a spot of rust, unfortunately the motor just gave up on it. My tech is almost finished putting a 4.7l in it, can't wait for him to finish so I can so how much torque its got.....just hope the rear end can hold up

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
2 Comments to add:

1. I had 4 separate local dealerships that said they would call me day 1 when (any) manual Gladiator was available to order. I was "Number 1" on their lists for custom orders. We are now 3 months after order banks have opened and I had not gotten a call form any of them. I always knew i was going to order from Travis but wanted to see what price I could get in my backyard and wanted them to fight to get my business.

2. I am also a manual order and as you can see form my process flow in my signature my order is moving right along. Hope to see you Punkin on the road soon! I love that color but it was a little too bright for my wife. For the longest time i was torn between Sting and Punkin. I ended up landing on white because it was available first. Canceled that and now my sting is moving along nicely.

Stay Zen!
Manual Sting Soft Top for me, too. But I'm still in D as of yesterday and had VON on 6/26... Hmmm...

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Is today the day for us Punk'n Heads??? Hopefully. Just waiting from my dealer.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I am right there with you on the Punk'n color. That is the color I want and will wait to get it. I'm just really hoping it won't be that long of a wait since they were pumping them out in the JLs. I really hope we can at least order them this Monday. My dealer is constantly checking for me since she knows I'll be getting in contact with her every day if not. So fingers crossed that Monday is a go for Punk'n!
Also waiting on this... :)

Sponsored

ViperSRT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 viper, 2015 GMC 3500, 2012 VW TDI
Dealer keeps trying to get my order done but Punk’n still not available.

Chaimstein

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Manual Sting Soft Top for me, too. But I'm still in D as of yesterday and had VON on 6/26... Hmmm...
MT Rubicon ordered 4/22...still in D! Build date is SUPPOSEDLY 7/29

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Yeah no go for Punk’n today. I just went to the dealership got the Gladiator all built up and worked out my price on it and my dealer will submit it once it is available. Also there is no option to add the steel bumper at this time just in case anyone was wondering. Hopefully the color will become available within a few days and we can all get our orders in and going.

450DBD2F-436F-47EB-9D83-1BCACAEF893B.jpeg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Damn I was pretty disappointed I couldn't put in my order today. I wonder what the problem was?!
Sponsored