First Name
terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt gladiator
Occupation
service manager
took it to the dealer 4 weeks ago service trans warning came on 1500 miles on it. The code read parking pawl failure but it still works .
Chrysler had them put in a new valve body but did not fix the problem. Chrysler says put a new trans in and I'm still waiting 4 week ....anyone else have this problem??
Sponsored

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
Well at least they're not fighting you. If you aren't using the parking brake, you should start. Did they check the selector switch? The switch electronically makes the trans go into park. There is no mechanical connection, but there is a manual disconnect.

OP
OP

tjohn064

First Name
terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt gladiator
Occupation
service manager
Well at least they're not fighting you. If you aren't using the parking brake, you should start. Did they check the selector switch? The switch electronically makes the trans go into park. There is no mechanical connection, but there is a manual disconnect.
using the e brake is a given i have driven manual tranny for years and over the road so applying the e brake is first then park

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
This is an interesting thread. I’ve posted on another thread about the loud “clunk” I sometimes get after engine start when the truck sits usually overnight. Dealership blows it off as “it’s a jeep”…
So, I will start applying the e brake before placing transmission in park even though my garage is flat.
I hope I don’t need a transmission in five years…
Sponsored