First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
As predicted, the valve body replacement didn't do it. The symptoms came back the next morning after the valve body replacement.
Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the hard shifts for the tech, he said he was aware of the lag getting into reverse. He then suggested that perhaps I'm just not used to the way jeeps drive, "they drive different than other cars you know". I hate that statement.
I finally figured out that I could get the 3 to 4 slip and hard shift if I left the car over night and positioned it so I didn't have to use reverse before I took the tech for a drive. Did that and he said "yup, new transmission". He then explained that they really have no choice in the process. First you replace the valve body, then the transmission.
This was two days before I was supposed to drive from Tennessee to Maine. Luckily they were able to get me a gladiator sport (with a manual) for the trip. I got my Mojave back on Monday (two days ago) and so far everthing feels fine.
I need to figure out how to replicate the 3rd - 4th hesitation I feel. Maybe I'll do as you did and position it for tomorrow morning so I just drive off.
Sponsored

Gzus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I picked up my JT from the shop after they finally got my new transmission in. It drives SO much better now; completely different than before. However, I noticed some fluid drips under the Jeep under the install and found out that the shop damaged my oil dipstick tube when installing the new transmission, so I had to take it back to the shop and leave it for another week while they replaced that. I’ve now had my Jeep back for 1 full week and everything is back to normal and driving great.