First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
The service manager should be able to look up the inventory nationwide and be able to give you a rogue estimate on parts delivery and factored labor times.........its their fuckin job.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Actor
The service manager should be able to look up the inventory nationwide and be able to give you a rogue estimate on parts delivery and factored labor times.........its their fuckin job.
You’d think. Not a great experience.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
You’d think. Not a great experience.
Like Bill I have worked in and out of the automotive industry and this is the byproduct of the lazy work force

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
*UPDATE*
Day 12 … no Jeep. My “case manager” at Chrysler talks like he smokes meth. The service department at the dealership says there is no way I will get the truck back before my lease ends on June 24th. Here’s the kicker: there are things I have to put back on the Jeep before I hand it back in… because at this point, I don’t want it anymore - my thoughts of purchasing it have faded away. So I need to get it back to my house to put the OEM stuff back on and keep the mods I added for myself. Had I not done any mods, I’d tell them to keep it and just walk away. I’m completely at a loss.
oh, and one other thing, the service department called me and said I need a new battery… for 650 dollars. I told them it was a BRAND NEW BATTERY (because it is) and not to touch it. lol… what a shit show.

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
*UPDATE* to this insanity!
“Claims Manager” at Chrysler called me and said the earliest my Jeep would be fixed is June 15th. That’s 38 days from when I dropped it off! And that’s the EARLIEST… which we all know WON’T happen.
The funny thing is, the California Lemon Law states that any vehicle under warranty that has been leased, financed or purchased that has been getting repaired and is not driveable for 30 days or longer has a pretty good chance of falling into the “Lemon” category.
Looks like I have some decisions to make.
What a shit show.

Sponsored

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
*UPDATE* to this insanity!
“Claims Manager” at Chrysler called me and said the earliest my Jeep would be fixed is June 15th. That’s 38 days from when I dropped it off! And that’s the EARLIEST… which we all know WON’T happen.
The funny thing is, the California Lemon Law states that any vehicle under warranty that has been leased, financed or purchased that has been getting repaired and is not driveable for 30 days or longer has a pretty good chance of falling into the “Lemon” category.
Looks like I have some decisions to make.
What a shit show.
That makes no sense. I dropped mine off 2 and half weeks ago. It was there a few days before it's appointment and it's since been troubleshot and the new transmission installed. I'm getting it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
That makes no sense. I dropped mine off 2 and half weeks ago. It was there a few days before it's appointment and it's since been troubleshot and the new transmission installed. I'm getting it tomorrow.
HOLY HELL! You did well! My situation is waaaay different. Good for you!

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
I'm glad this worked out. My last car was a bronco and it was at the dealer for 5 months before I gave up and Lemon lawed it.
Good for you! I am considering doing the same for this gladiator. Transmission, rear driveshaft and coolant tubes all went to hell on it. It’s a shame because I loved it. We’ll see what happens I guess.

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT
Good for you! I am considering doing the same for this gladiator. Transmission, rear driveshaft and coolant tubes all went to hell on it. It’s a shame because I loved it. We’ll see what happens I guess.
Yeah I get that. I really liked my bronco, but the situation was really frustrating and I was just done after all the issues I had. The problem I always run into is I always miss having a car the doors come off, but I guess that makes them unreliable haha. So far this gladiator has been good besides the transmission. I'm hoping that will continue, but who knows. I have 25k left on the warranty ill see how I feel at 100k.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
*UPDATE* got my Jeep back! New transmission, coolant tubes and rear drive shaft! All under warranty! Took 17 days! Was told I wouldn’t see it til June 15th! I was absolutely shocked when they called and said it was ready. Service manager told me he didn’t know some of the mechanics were working on it… Huh? lol… wild.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
*UPDATE* got my Jeep back! New transmission, coolant tubes and rear drive shaft! All under warranty! Took 17 days! Was told I wouldn’t see it til June 15th! I was absolutely shocked when they called and said it was ready. Service manager told me he didn’t know some of the mechanics were working on it… Huh? lol… wild.
Glad to hear they got it turned around quicker than expected.

Does the repair order have a part number for the transmission they installed and does it begin with the letter "R" ? That will let you know if they put a new build or reman in it.

OP
OP
Skubyballs

Skubyballs

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
skubyballs.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Actor
Glad to hear they got it turned around quicker than expected.

Does the repair order have a part number for the transmission they installed and does it begin with the letter "R" ? That will let you know if they put a new build or reman in it.
I just see an F written in marker on the transmission itself. Not sure what that means.