CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
For sure...while it is somewhat annoying, I am happy to know at least I can leave the phone in the center console after starting it up and pushing the two(maybe one) button(s) for now.
@JeepCares if this is the case this is a bug of some kind.
Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
@JeepCares if this is the case this is a bug of some kind.
Ok. It’s still happening to me. It keeps disconnecting. I’m taking it to the dealer first week of Jan. It’s so irritating trying to fumble with plugging the stupid thing back in every few minutes.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't checked that...will try that this afternoon.
Any confirmation if it's just BT or just Wifi, or both? Once we have a better idea we need to get jeep to figure out a SW update to fix that at the head unit..

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Any confirmation if it's just BT or just Wifi, or both? Once we have a better idea we need to get jeep to figure out a SW update to fix that at the head unit..
I’ve tried each configuration. It disconnects me regardless of what’s toggled on, and what’s toggled off. I was disconnected this morning with BT off and WiFi on, and then disconnected with BT and WiFi off. The day I had success seemed to be a fluke for some reason. I’ve even made sure to close all apps on my phone(which I shouldn’t have to), and hard restarted the iPhone 12 Pro with the current software.
Again, the worst part about this is that the phone works flawlessly with the usb plug directly in FRONT of my manual shifter.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I know some earlier owners had issues with the same USB, but using a real iPhone cable seemed to fix people’s issue. Interesting that the problem seems to have gotten worse not better

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I know some earlier owners had issues with the same USB, but using a real iPhone cable seemed to fix people’s issue. Interesting that the problem seems to have gotten worse not better
I have two brand new apple cables from the apple store that I’m using. Doesn’t matter what cable I’m using, symptoms are the same.

ilmostro

First Name
Angus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Willys '23 JL 392
My issue is with it disconnecting. Occasionally it will freeze for a few moments and then disconnect. I've tried several cables (Apple and aftermarket) and it doesn't make a difference.
The dash port seems more reliable than the console port.
There isn't a consistent pattern to it. Sometimes it will disconnect several times in 10 minutes, others it will be fine for hours.
The only way I can get it to reconnect is to unplug the phone and plug it back in.
I have a fully updated 12 Pro. I only had the Jeep a few days with a 8 Max and never noticed the issue.

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My issue is with it disconnecting. Occasionally it will freeze for a few moments and then disconnect. I've tried several cables (Apple and aftermarket) and it doesn't make a difference.
The dash port seems more reliable than the console port.
There isn't a consistent pattern to it. Sometimes it will disconnect several times in 10 minutes, others it will be fine for hours.
The only way I can get it to reconnect is to unplug the phone and plug it back in.
I have a fully updated 12 Pro. I only had the Jeep a few days with a 8 Max and never noticed the issue.
Exactly the SAME issue for me!

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
The connector in my center console loses connection every couple miles. Took it into the dealer, they said it was the stuff in the console putting pressure on the sides. Funny thing is when I had the problem initially the center console was empty and the truck was 2 days old.

I am sure this will go back and forth several times. They even duplicated the problem, the dealerships solution is don't use the center console to carry stuff in if you want to use that connector!

Last edited:
OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly the SAME issue for me!
Same here and also an iPhone 12 Pro...I see a pattern here with the 12 pro maybe? @JeepCares seems to be ignoring the tags. I am not even sure what the dealer will do if there is no bulletin on this.

Sponsored

gpwrang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ 2021 Hydro Blue JTSS MAX TOW
So, I have a Samsung S20 Android phone and it came with a USB-C to USB-C cable. In my 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander I was using a Samsung cable which was a USB-C to USB-A. When I was using the second cable to use android auto it was doing the same thing everyone is talking about. In the JT I use the first cable and I have no issues but when I use the second cable it does the same thing as everyone describes. The iPhone 12 I believe has a new charging cable, lightning to USB-C. has anyone tried using that cable and seeing if your issues go away? I know its not the USB port in the center console but at least that would narrow down the issue.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, I have a Samsung S20 Android phone and it came with a USB-C to USB-C cable. In my 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander I was using a Samsung cable which was a USB-C to USB-A. When I was using the second cable to use android auto it was doing the same thing everyone is talking about. In the JT I use the first cable and I have no issues but when I use the second cable it does the same thing as everyone describes. The iPhone 12 I believe has a new charging cable, lightning to USB-C. has anyone tried using that cable and seeing if your issues go away? I know its not the USB port in the center console but at least that would narrow down the issue.
USB-C is the front ports which do seem to work with the regular USB. USB-C is not available in the center console so this still remains a center console port issue IMO

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
USB-C is the front ports which do seem to work with the regular USB. USB-C is not available in the center console so this still remains a center console port issue IMO
The problem is we can't even get them to check the connections under the center console. I am guessing one of those connectors or connections is bad. Probably a simple ohms check of the cables would identify a high resistance connection to that connector causing the issue. My guess is if they have had an engineer check it they know what the problem is, they just don't want to spend the dollars to fix it for a convenience connector. It is possible it is just a loose connection on some of our vehicles that needs connected fully.

Mikey_89

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well...glad to see I am not the only one. 8.4 has locked up and rebooted twice in the last week. New iPhone 12 Pro Max connected with their new sh*t cable to front panel. Sometimes I get Sirius XM channels seemingly skipping in music, like a stuttering or getting intermittent signal. Did this the first time, was not in CarPlay, but phone was connected via cable and radio froze, then rebooted. Last night, had CarPlay connected and running, launched Apple Music, played for about 20 minutes, then also froze and rebooted after about 30 seconds.

Did do an update to my phone last night, so I will check to see if it continues.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well...glad to see I am not the only one. 8.4 has locked up and rebooted twice in the last week. New iPhone 12 Pro Max connected with their new sh*t cable to front panel. Sometimes I get Sirius XM channels seemingly skipping in music, like a stuttering or getting intermittent signal. Did this the first time, was not in CarPlay, but phone was connected via cable and radio froze, then rebooted. Last night, had CarPlay connected and running, launched Apple Music, played for about 20 minutes, then also froze and rebooted after about 30 seconds.

Did do an update to my phone last night, so I will check to see if it continues.
I have had the front port with even an Amazon cable be 100% stable....no such uck with USB 2 in the console.
Sponsored