Sponsored

2021 Gladiator Sport S Lease Question (FL)

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Any idea what your money factor was? It seems like Chrystler Capital's is really high right now (.00242). Trying to figure out why I'm getting quoted so high
Mine was around 5% which is like 0.0021 ish. That was also when rates were really high (wifes Toyota was 3.99% with a buy down and 800+ credit)
Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn’t lease anything unless it was a business vehicle and definitely not a Jeep because they hold value decently.

You might as well buy and have some equity in it. Leasing a vehicle is basically renting it and still being responsible for its repairs. That only makes sense if the vehicle is used as capital/asset (like a business vehicle). I would buy but that’s just my opinion though.

As far as that pricing, it’s hard to say for Florida. Here in Houston (big Jeep market) my Gas Sport S w/ Max Tow was MSRP $43,300. I paid $42,900 out the door. That number includes like $1400 in taxes and $4,500 of dealer options. It was more than I cared to pay but oh well. It helped someone out who maybe needed the money more.

Don’t look past searching out of state. Shipping a vehicle can be cheaper than you think.$1-2k. Good luck

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
$228 every 2 weeks for 60 months is only $29,640 but you financed $38k?
Paid off 8k principal in the 6months before refinancing with credit union. Down to 19,500 owed now ten months since purchase. Was just under $540 72 month buy originally. But to me still better than $529 for 30k miles and 36 months to probably be right back at 0 in 3 years.

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Millwright
Any idea what your money factor was? It seems like Chrystler Capital's is really high right now (.00242). Trying to figure out why I'm getting quoted so high
Bankers are smart, they know everyone got stimulus checks and they are going to get their cut.

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
I plugged your quote into the lease calc, and assuming FL's 6% sales tax, they're either not budging on price, or the residual values went way down.

And regarding the pros and cons of leasing that this thread turned into, it all comes down to what makes the most financial sense to you involving your credit, what you can afford monthly, etc. I'm just here to tell you whether I think you may be getting a good deal or not! Definitely tell them that you're a serious buyer and try and make an offer. Worst they can say is no!

Sponsored

OP
OP

CJG727

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
Occupation
Supply Chain Analyst
I plugged your quote into the lease calc, and assuming FL's 6% sales tax, they're either not budging on price, or the residual values went way down.

And regarding the pros and cons of leasing that this thread turned into, it all comes down to what makes the most financial sense to you involving your credit, what you can afford monthly, etc. I'm just here to tell you whether I think you may be getting a good deal or not! Definitely tell them that you're a serious buyer and try and make an offer. Worst they can say is no!
Yeah pretty much where I'm at. I told them if they can get to $500 they have my business, so we'll see. Appreciate the help!

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Millwright
Yeah pretty much where I'm at. I told them if they can get to $500 they have my business, so we'll see. Appreciate the help!
Pics when you get it, ok?
Positive vibes from here

OP
OP

CJG727

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
Occupation
Supply Chain Analyst
Took a while to report back but picked up my truck from a different dealership about a week after this post! Wanted to wait until I completed the face lift to post

1.5in Daystar leveling kit on the front end
17” method race wheels
35” nitto terra grappler g2 -12 offset

2ACA27DF-1869-46E9-B075-98EF904F4AD6.jpeg

Rockchucker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT JKU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Took a while to report back but picked up my truck from a different dealership about a week after this post! Wanted to wait until I completed the face lift to post

1.5in Daystar leveling kit on the front end
17” method race wheels
35” nitto terra grappler g2 -12 offset

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Gladiator Sport S Lease Question (FL) 2ACA27DF-1869-46E9-B075-98EF904F4AD6
Clearwater here also

YYCSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave 3.6 Auto
I wouldn’t lease anything unless it was a business vehicle and definitely not a Jeep because they hold value decently.

You might as well buy and have some equity in it. Leasing a vehicle is basically renting it and still being responsible for its repairs. That only makes sense if the vehicle is used as capital/asset (like a business vehicle). I would buy but that’s just my opinion though.

The better a vehicle holds its value the better the residual, which makes it a better candidate for a lease. So things like Toyotas, Wranglers, Gladiators, Subarus, are good lease candidates.

Leasing is exactly like renting, but with a car lease you only pay the depreciation plus interest and tax. You do the exact same thing on a financed car, if your loan is long enough. If your loan is very short you pay for depreciation and all the rest of it. So in the end on a finance you have paid a lot more than on a lease, which is how the two differ.

If your lease is the 36 months or less, there should be no repairs you're responsible for. If you get into a collision, and it is not written off, you're better off in a lease than having a financed car with a big claim.

Finance has its benefits too. If you know you want a car long term, it is better to finance up front most of the time.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Leasing is NOT renting.

Renting means you pay an agreed amount of money for use of an item and at the end of the agreement you own nothing.

Leasing a vehicle means you pay an agreed amount of money for use of an item and at the end of the agreement all the money you've paid counts toward potential ownership.

TOTALLY different things.

A Jeep is the best vehicle you can possibly lease. Payments are dirt cheap due to high resale value, and often you'll have positive equity at the end. It's a no brainer.

And, I always make a leased Jeep my own. Graphics, lift, tires, wheels, tint, whatever I want. In the end, trade-in works exactly like any other trade-in. I keep what I can to reuse on the next Jeep, or sell it for cash. I lose very little.

Besides, life is short.

As far as the first post, $500+ is WAYYYYY too high for a Jeep lease. Somebody is getting rich off that deal and it ain't you.
Sponsored