Sponsored

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So I was playing around with Jeep’s build site and realized that adding the 8.4 radio group to Sport S and Willys does not add the alpine audio system, but it is included in the 8.4 group for Overland, Rubicon and Mojave. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? Why would you pay nearly $2k (it’s more expensive on Sport S and Willys as well) for a system that doesn’t include the upgraded speakers? So for the full group including speaker it would be a nearly $3,300 up charge.
Sponsored

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
We're only looking at the 2021 lineup colors. What you saw were some 2020s, we know those colors.
I realize that, but there were several people who were disappointed that they didn't get a Gobi or Gator before they discontinued the colors. So, I was just pointing out that I had seen a couple of trucks on a lot in those colors in case some of those heart broken folks were local to me and wanted to go and get the color they wanted.

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
There are a ton of tire threads. I'd suggest going to check those out with their pictures to see what you may want as a 35" tire, you can look at prices for tires of that brand you like at stores near you before you decide to pull the trigger on anything.

Also, bigger tires are harder to get going so you may want the 4.10 gears for 35s. Only Max Tow and Rubi have those as far as I'm aware. I think you said diesel though, so that's not a problem for you then.

@Socks If it's anything like our Gator color, it's a "late availability". I don't see it on the Jeep site yet either :( I can't wait to see the new green.
I saw Gecko over the weekend in Anderson, IN at a Jeep meet.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I realize that, but there were several people who were disappointed that they didn't get a Gobi or Gator before they discontinued the colors. So, I was just pointing out that I had seen a couple of trucks on a lot in those colors in case some of those heart broken folks were local to me and wanted to go and get the color they wanted.
I gotcha, didn't catch that part. Good on you for helping out :)

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
There are a ton of tire threads. I'd suggest going to check those out with their pictures to see what you may want as a 35" tire, you can look at prices for tires of that brand you like at stores near you before you decide to pull the trigger on anything.

Also, bigger tires are harder to get going so you may want the 4.10 gears for 35s. Only Max Tow and Rubi have those as far as I'm aware. I think you said diesel though, so that's not a problem for you then.

@Socks If it's anything like our Gator color, it's a "late availability". I don't see it on the Jeep site yet either :( I can't wait to see the new green.
Mojave also comes with 4:10 gear ratio,

Sponsored

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
So, I was on the Jeep Build & Price site comparing pricing between the Sport S and Rubicon. I noticed that in the Trailer Tow Group, Auxiliary Switch Group and the Cargo Management Group they all have the 240 amp alternator listed. Does that mean we are being charged 3 times for the same item? It seems that it would add the alternator as a separate option if you chose one of those groups and then it would be already available if you chose any of the other groups. Similar to the way it adds premium lighting if you choose front facing camera (on the Rubi) or you can choose the premium lighting as a separate group if you want that but didn't choose the camera.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
So, I was on the Jeep Build & Price site comparing pricing between the Sport S and Rubicon. I noticed that in the Trailer Tow Group, Auxiliary Switch Group and the Cargo Management Group they all have the 240 amp alternator listed. Does that mean we are being charged 3 times for the same item? It seems that it would add the alternator as a separate option if you chose one of those groups and then it would be already available if you chose any of the other groups. Similar to the way it adds premium lighting if you choose front facing camera (on the Rubi) or you can choose the premium lighting as a separate group if you want that but didn't choose the camera.
You pay full price but they throw another 240amp alt in there (every option you choose with it) somewhere in the engine bay and only 1 is hooked up. It's a fun little game so if something happens on the trail you get to play hide and seek to see which 1 is live and try the others.

Honestly I think the price is modified a bit on some of these if they don't take over for other packages (there a couple you can't have together or it just chooses 1 or the other).

@jimbom I just type it how the literature says. I think they add the 0 in for clarification since they use 2 places past the decimal to denote more precision. You are technically correct and using the simplest form as our teachers once taught us.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
@jimbom I just type it how the literature says. I think they add the 0 in for clarification since they use 2 places past the decimal to denote more precision. You are technically correct and using the simplest form as our teachers once taught us.
Saz, that is correct and, in fact, you had it absolutely right in an earlier post. 4.10 is short for 4.10 : 1 ratio. But Smokey wrote 4:10 (4 to 10 ratio) which is incorrect. He used a colon instead of a decimal.

Not the case here, but when people also start talking about the Roc-trac transfer case (not on the Mojave) which has a 4.0 : 1 low gear, I've seen them erroneously call that 4:10 as well.
Sponsored